• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

ShadowDragon16

Can someone supply me with a screenshot when yanappu shot solar beam like the Kamehameha wave? Please?

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Ya know, I used to laugh when Pikachu was defeated back in earlier arcs, now I just pity him. :/

Pokemon_Special_Fan

Well these are the notes I thought when Ash was battling the gym leaders.

Round 1: Pokabu vs Baoppu
Ash, you have a mijumaru! Learn to use it! Oh well, it's Ash. We saw it coming. And at least Ash won that round.

Round 2: Pikachu vs Hiyappu
Well hey, Ash chose the right choice! Wait, he pikachu lost? Oh god, why did I knew that was going to come?

Round 3: Mijumaru vs Yanappu
NOW he sends out Mijumaru? Great strategies Ash. Oh well, I'm glad I'm going to see Mijumaru in action. Mijumaru fails, and here's out first cliff hanger of the season.

Well that makes me guess that next episode will finish off with mijumaru winning and giving mijumaru some character development.

Kojo

Pikachu pisses me off in this episode. It's an annoying rat that acts like Mime Jr and then loses to something it easily has the advantage against. I would have liked it more if Ash finally used Mamepato or something so we could at least see something new instead of the standard "Pikachu gets its butt kicked after almost beating the league of the previous region." Someone is probably going to quote me and flame the piss out of what I just said, but still. /shortrant

Anyway, this episode was okay. I liked Pokabu and Mijumaru's fight so far. Yanappu's battle style is cool, it just dodged all the attacks without even trying then launches a Solar Beam. Pokabu is also a beast. It took a bunch of hits during that battle but still managed to win.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

A ruined thread almost useless comments, people that don't see the episodes and whining about everything, ****.

Great for a 1st gym battle, Hiyappu (??) used a ground move against Pika, haha the three gym leaders were kind of cool and Dento as the new companion is win, nice to know this was a two-parter after all.

10/10 Best Wishes has been lovely so far!

Like you did in every Sinnoh thread? 10/10 is pushing it a bit don't ya think? It would have been nice to see the Gym Leaders have more personality than just the generic "lol they has screaming fangirls lol" gag. Pokabu vs Boappu was definitely the highlight in the battles department, but that was just the standard Hoenn-Sinnoh battle. Nothing special, really.

The one thing I did like was that Ash battled all three of the brothers. Pikachu is back to it's weak old self, who didn't see that coming?

So far Dento seems as bland as Brock. Wonder how they're going to handle him on the main cast.

But yeah, stop being a rabid, drooling fanboy. The episode certainly wasn't perfect. Had it taken place a few episodes earlier (5 to be exact) I'm sure your grade for it would have been much lower.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Aside from Pikachu losing the Gym battle is pretty good so far.

Great animation and attacks, and nice to see the fire starter get the first win.

BlueMage

I honestly loved this episode. Other than Pikachu vs Hiyappu, the battles were all pretty amazing. Mijumaru's reactions during his battle with Yanappu were pretty hilarious, too. I really love Mijumaru.

I also really like Dento a lot so far. From the looks of it, his role in the main cast probably won't be too different from Brock's, but he honestly has a much more interesting personality. Also, Yanappu seems like a much better fighter than both Geodude and Onix were when Ash battled Brock.

dman_dustin

Some of you are aware that electric Pokemon don't resist water attacks, right? Because when I see the "upset" fans saying "Oh no Pikachu lost to a water attack" well kindly take a look at the type effectiveness chart and you'll see water attacks to neutral damage to Electric type Pokemon, thus Pikachu can lose to a water attack just as nearly as much as a normal attack can knock out most other types. So I don't see why anyone would be upset for Pikachu losing to a water attack when it doesn't even resist water attacks.

Now when Pikachu loses to Furro's Kenhorou's gust, then you can complain since Electric types do resist flying types and Gust is one of the weakest flying moves. But water gun, no. So get over it, Pikachu will end up kicking butt in the league and taking a slot of someone who actually needs it (and Pikachu will again cost Ash the league), let the Isshu Pokemon have their wins, while Pikachu takes a backseat.

benknightprime

Master Trainer
I thought it was a great episode, I loved Pokabu's battle he just owned that fire monkey and put it in its place. Pikachu losing to the monkey was dumb it's obvious a pokemon that can beat a Metagross, Dragonite, and Latios can't beat a monkey that has a type disadvantage -_- well type disadvantages aren't everything in the anime. Mijumaru made me lol.
I especially loved when Pokabu turned and looked at the red hair guy after beating his Boappu and breathed fire.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Great episode. Pokabu was awesome, Especially for a newly caught pokemon. I honestly saw nothing wrong with Pikachu losing. Corn showed some pretty good tactics. Mijumaru was hilarious. I loved how brave he acted while hiding behind Ash. He was a confident little coward. I think this is my favorite first gym episode.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
The move was Mud Sport. Hiyappu can't learn Level Ground, Earthquake or any of those moves. I think that Corn used Water Gun on the ground and then Mud Sport to make Pikachu trip and fall. On the mud
That wouldn't matter in the anime.

Ash's temporary Raticate used High Jump Kick.
Ash's Bulbasaur used Whirlwind(?) and Dig.
Suzy/Brock's Vulpix used Agility.

STICKTOPIA

Pokabu did awesome! They just love making Pikachu weak at the start of every region! Judging by the preview of the next episode, I think that solarbeam will be a KO. I bet that even if Ash loses, he'll get the badge anyway. The gym rule is that Ash has to beat 2 out of 3 leaders right?

Pokabu impressed me. Pikachu disappointed me and the jury is out still on Mijumaru. I liked the episode. It finally gave me something to get into. I still wait to see some sort of battling from Ms. Iris but I'll be patient. So far Miju's character amuses me to death but I need to see some battle skills or that amusement won't last long. I think Dento will make Ash's travels a bit more interesting. I really want to know what was being discussed with Team Rocket and Giovanni.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pokabu did awesome! They just love making Pikachu weak at the start of every region! Judging by the preview of the next episode, I think that solarbeam will be a KO. I bet that even if Ash loses, he'll get the badge anyway. The gym rule is that Ash has to beat 2 out of 3 leaders right?

The KO will be Mijumaru Shell Blade most likelly, he is probably gonna reflect Solarbeam with his Shell just like he did to Pikachu Thunderbolt, or escape it I doubt he would resist it.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Mijumaru has more personality than all of Ash's Johto team combined, and thats a great thing :) Definetly the best part of the episode to me. I don't know about anyone else, or if it's just wishful thinking, but Dento and his brothers did seem very effeminate to me. lol

I hope that the rest of BW is good like this episode.

dawn hater

Mijumaru has more personality than all of Ash's Johto team combined, and thats a great thing :) Definetly the best part of the episode to me. I don't know about anyone else, or if it's just wishful thinking, but Dento and his brothers did seem very effeminate to me. lol

I hope that the rest of BW is good like this episode.

Is that sarcasm? Johto team only had personality to separate them from others. I am gonna rephrase that as 'Mijumaru has more personality than all the Kanto starters + all the birds +Turtwig\Grotle\Torterra and few others that I can't remember right now'

Miju is funny and all but I think it can become a screen time hog. What happened to the bird? Miju comes out in every episode but the bird hasn't been shown since its capture. I hope Miju doesn't end up like Piplup or Chimchar cause if that happens then by the end of BW everyone will be hating it.