• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Venomfang

Perky Goth
How did Cilan's voice sound? Did it fit him?

BlueMage

I would say so. It's not as feminine as Mamoru Miyano, but he still sounds wise and mature, while still sounding elegant and refined. Since it's hard to find an English VA using a feminine voice without sounding weird, I'd say this was the best direction they could take.

Also a bit off topic, but I've gotta say, Lisa Ortiz is doing a fantastic job as Oshawott. I like it more than the Japanese voice.

BlueMage

I believe her, really. Since TPCi for some reason cuts out the credits at the end of the episodes, it'd be nearly impossible for anyone to know who the voice actor was unless they knew him themselves.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Cilan is OKAY, but I had hoped it would sound more like the Japanese version.

That's why I always put it on mute whenever the Japanese voice actors talk, so I'm not disappointed

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Oshawot's facial expressions were so funny in this episode XD

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
How did Cilan's voice sound? Did it fit him?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! The first episode of Black and White that I actually liked! Cilan's English voice sounds very fitting and it brought a smile to my face as soon as I heard him speak! ^_^

RequiemUltima

Proud Pokémaniac
Pikachu took a real beating. At first, from the episode pictures, I didn't know Panpour had hit him that many times. In the end, Cress' strategy proved flawless. Poor Pikachu...

pokeaussie37

Pikachu took a real beating. At first, from the episode pictures, I didn't know Panpour had hit him that many times. In the end, Cress' strategy proved flawless. Poor Pikachu...

Yeah. I know it's not anime canon, but Cress did say he was using a strategy to specifically counter electric type Pokemon. Kinda shows how the anime is, with both matches going to a Pokemon with a type disadvantage, fire against fire, and water beating electric.

Supersonicbro

don't know if this has been said or not, but i think cilans voice is one of sonics old voices.

AmericanPi

Write on

- *sighs* Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu... How could you tie with a Latios and then lose against a Snivy and a PANPOUR???

- I was surprised to see the way "Cilan" was pronounced... but oh well. I'll get used to it.

- Those Striaton triplets were so STRANGE at first! 0_0

- Ash, living up to his expectations, fights fire with fire and grass with water. Please, Ash, do you have ANY logic in you? Why didn't you use Pidove, your beautiful bird? PLEASE don't make your Pidove your next Pidgeotto or Torterra; actually use it a lot please.

- Oshawott=Cuteness! If it were in a Pokemon game, it'd have a Sassy nature. :p

- Pansage biting Oshawott's head was strangely amusing...

- I wish we didn't have to wait for the result of the battle. >_<

Chuu

I still remain skeptical that a VA's girlfriend is in the forums. That is too suspicious if somebody asked me.

I guess the girlfriend of a VA that happens to do a few voices in Pokemon isn't allowed to be a Pokemon fan? :p I actually check this site regularly. I just hadn't been on the forums until today because I was shamelessly trying to find out what people thought of Chili's VA.

Anyway, it's officially updated on his website now for those who may have still been skeptical.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Wow Cilan was voiced by the same person who did (Or used to do) Sonic? Maybe that's why I liked it lol. Yep I really like Cilan's voice and the monkeys sound adorable too. For awhile now Pansage has been trying to push Panpour off the top of my favourite elemental monkey lisy and this episode plus the fact we'll be seeing Pansage on a regular basis from here on out (and having my very own on White) just clinched it! (sorry Panpour) Any Yay! looks like you hear the cries during WTP again!

Medea

Excalibur
What do I say about this episode...?

[IMG139]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx180/cmedea10/Pokemon/000080.gif[/IMG139]

Yes. Almost everything about this. First of all, I love Cilan's voice (gonna take me a while to get used to pronouncing the darn thing). And even though my predictions for both Cilan and even Chili were wrong, I liked what I heard yesterday. Cress...at times, it sounded a little like James so I'm gonna assume that's who did him.

Voice crap aside, I felt the same vibe as I did watching the sub. Striaton High School Host Club. *shot* Oh come on, tell me I'm not the only one who thought Ouran HSHC when seeing the brothers and all the fangirls. Or maybe I'm just an anime geek.

Well long story short, loved the Pansear vs. Tepig battle, love the brothers, love Cilan and both of his voice actors, love Cilan's wonderful food puns I'm probably gonna hear a bunch of judging by what I heard in this episode. So yay.

FunPika

- *sighs* Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu... How could you tie with a Latios and then lose against a Snivy and a PANPOUR???

My best idea is that this was Zekrom's train of thought in the beginning:

"This Pikachu is overpowered! It can tie with a freaking Latios! I must weaken it!" *zaps Pikachu* *Pikachu can no longer use electric type moves* "Oh ****...I overdid it a bit, lets try that again" *zaps Pikachu again to let it use its electric type moves again but otherwise leaves it at about level 5*

jammiedodger

Cilan's voiced by Jason Griffith who was the previous voice of Sonic the Hedgehog in the Sonic X animé and also the games from around Shadow the Hedgehog up until Sonic Unleashed. He's also done some voices recently in the Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's dub, prominently as a 'duel-robot' called Ghost.

Let me preface the rest of my post by saying that I did like a lot about the episode, but I honestly didn't like that an under-levelled and much weaker Tepig won against moves that were supereffective against it while an over-levelled Pikachu couldn't even win against a weaker Pokémon that had a type disadvantage. The animé has made Mud Sport look WAY more powerful than it really is.

I know, I know, "thundershock the horn!"; the animé has its own strange rules, but this just annoyed me to no end, especially when Tepig losing wouldn't have just made sense, but also been really fitting considering how new it was to Ash.

Pikachu losing against vastly weaker Pokémon, even if they DO have good counter-strategies, just feels like a massive disservice to the poor rat. :(