• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Triple Triad Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Yep, we will be taking victory in this tour Art, so just get out of our way, because we are coming through.

AHA I bet you didn't expect me to join!

I'll be taking those leader roles. AND IM NOT EVEN IN THE LEAGUE.

cryuel

We are, I just haven't entirely figured out how to do it. I do have an idea for us though, so we wont' be left out. All I can say is this, the more you win the more you'll get :)

Liking it!! :)

What this determines leaders? I'm doing this for fun lol I'm not in good battling shape right now

And that's totally fine; just means more competition for us. :3

Yep, we will be taking victory in this tour Art, so just get out of our way, because we are coming through.

You guys are so CUTE, Tell me more please.. Lmao

cryuel

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Is this a Wifi Tournement or PS

Its a wifi tournament and I want to lol with Art and the others about them becoming so serious on the winning XD I find this tournament a fun tournament then winning :p and welp read the rules again I didn't see the no repeat items. I have to thing my team out more careful now ._.

Last edited:

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
Added! :) Looking forward to seeing your teams too!
LynxForte, it's great to include you in our Tourney again!
I will mostly be available during the day more than at night xD but I will try to get all the battles in ^^

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Signing in but can't battle just yet.

Also, this message applies to all Pokegyms members. With each round you win, you will receive 2 points for our shop, so do your best!

Round #, Opponent: 1, LeafeontheVoid
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Fire, Water, Grass
Victor, Score: Leafeon, 3-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 0/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Two words, I suck xD

Round #, Opponent: 2, Dew
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Fire, Water, Grass
Victor, Score: Dew, 1-0, 2-0
Rate your performance: 4/10
Constructive comments about the match: Five words, I sucked a little less. Guess this is what happens when you toss a team together in the last 5 minutes xD

Round #, Opponent: 3, Artorius
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Psychic, Dark, Fairy
Victor, Score: Artorius, 1-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: The score is really lopsided as he totally owned me in both matches.

edit: I thought we only had to do the one result post for the 2 out of 3s so I only did one. We did do the 2 out of 3, and since Leafeon won both matches I put 2-0. My mistake :p

Last edited:

cryuel

Am I still able to sign up or is it too late?

It most definitely is not too late! :)
I've registered you for now. The tourney is ongoing, so contact participants and get your first battles in~ Good luck! :)

Its a wifi tournament and I want to lol with Art and the others about them becoming so serious on the winning XD I find this tournament a fun tournament then winning :p and welp read the rules again I didn't see the no repeat items. I have to thing my team out more careful now ._.

At the end of it, it's most definitely about having fun! ;)

A few prizes have been updated and also.. TOURNEY START! Good luck everyone~~ :3

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Checking in and around for battles. Watching youtube and doing other stuff, but checking PMs

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Officially checking in for the tournament. I'll be around tonight. Just message me for a battle and I'll get back to you :p

EDIT: Come at me bros. Available for a while today. If you can't find me in the trinity chat or just don't use the chat, pm me and I'll be ready pretty quickly. Let's have fun :p

Round #1, LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystics (Psychic, Dark, Fairy)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Loss 1-0, Win 3-0, Win 1-0)
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: I underestimated a mon round one and lost accordingly. I managed to play the first two turns perfectly and thus swept with one of my major power houses. Round 3 was pure luck, honestly. Got a crit and a flinch which let one of my pokemon kill the understimated mon without going down itself. After that it was playing my cards as best I could and hoping he wasn't running SpDef on one of his mons. Really good games, man. I haven't felt this thrilled in a while.

Round #2, Burnerv2
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Ghost, Fighting
Victor, Score: Burner (Loss 3-0, Win 2-0, Win 1-0)
Constructive comments about the match: Round 1 was a smash. Nothing more to say there. A certain pokemon annoyed the crap out of me Round 2 and I couldn't get past it. Round 3 I only lost to a misplay since I got distracted in the chat. I meant to hit my priority move which would've sealed it since my pokemon in the back outsped but I hit a non-priority move instead :( Good games regardless. I still plan to win this thing >:)

Round #3, cryuel
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Ghost, Fighting
Victor, Score: Cryuel (Win 0-1, Loss 2-0, Win 0-2)
Rate opponents' performance: 10/10
Constructive comments about the match: It came down to mind games at the end for round three XD Admittedly not carrying rock slide on a certain mon both helped and hindered me since I wouldn't have been able to hit him hard enough. Lots of factors played into this battle. It could've easily been my win with two victories, but gambling and chance play a big part in our battles :p Good games. Hope to see you on the battlefield for the next tournament!

Round #4, dunkleosteus
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements (Fire, Water, Grass)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Loss 1-0, Win 1-0, Win 1-0)
Rate your performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: I won due to parahax on the last turn of the second match XD Was mainly playing for fun and seeing how dunk's team was. I liked it for what I saw and I'll be helping him get better through this experience :)

Round #5, Marashu
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Win 2-0, Win 2-0)
Constructive comments about the match: Good games. Certain pokemon didn't do you any favors and my lead game 2 sealed that match. I like your team, though, and it legitimately scared the Karp out of me. o.o

Last edited:

cryuel

As a reminder to all participants:

Please keep in mind that battles are Singles under Flat Rules (3vs3 with no item repetition), and that it is BEST 2 out of 3! (@Dragontamer since you already had one battle, make sure to complete the rest of that round)

@Tourney Overseers: I'm indicating all battles on the spreadsheet and have added an extra column - one which displays overall round wins (e.g. 1 round won) and one which displays general match wins (e.g. 2 matches won as part of the 2 out of 3). Just fyi.

Update:
Round 1, Opponent: Dunkleosteus
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements Triad (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Cryùel Win 2-0, Loss 0-1, Win 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: This was quite an interesting match! Your team isn't as bad as you seem to think it is; good job with your second battle! Have fun with your other matches~

Round 2, Opponent: TheShoveler1887
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton Triad (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Cryùel Win 1-0, Loss 0-2, Win 2-1
Rate your performance: 9.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Admittedly, the first match was a hax win with a flinch benefiting me. All in all, I think our teams were quite even and it could have gone either way depending on the members we brought and what we opened with - really intense! gg!

Round 3, Opponent: Marashu
Victor, Score: Marashu Loss 0-1, Loss 0-2
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Those screens really gave you the edge in both battles. Good job!

Round 4, Opponent: Sito
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Cryùel Win 1-0, Win 1-0
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Your team scared me so much from the beginning! You would have had a 50% chance of winning the first match, had you Dragon Danced and then proceeded to attack me. Go Mystique for throwing everyone off~ :3 Great match! Thank you~ :)

Round 5, Opponent: Dew
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Cryùel Win 3-1, Win 2-0
Rate your performance: 9.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: I was able to use the element of surprise in the first match and set-up on you successfully. In the second I had a feeling you would use the opener you did, but decided to play the same anyways. Mystique saved the day~ ^_^ (btw, if you set-up on my Mystique you would have been able to get rid of her since with +1 yourself my attack wouldn't have ko'ed you)

Extra Battles (not official on my end)
Round X, Opponent: Meliekpi
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Meliekpi, 1-0, 0-2, 0-3
Constructive comments about the match: A nasty triad with nasty members. The first round should have gone to you, and I do have to say that your team has great synergy. Not much that I could have done I think given our respective members. ^^ gg!

Last edited:

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
I'm signing in o/

I'll be available for battles for a good portion of the day barring something comes up. PM/VM

Update:
Round 1, Opponent: LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystic
Victor, Score: Lynx 1-0, 2-0
Rate your performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Game 1 miss with a burn made a big difference imo for that one (coulda stopped a set up if it hit early), but Game 2 was a beat down. Great match! Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Round 2, Opponent: Shoveler
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 0-3, 2-0, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: GGs Shoveler. After game 1, I thought I was lion bait. Just a masterful performance that game by Shoveler. Game 2 I adapted and it worked out. Game 3, one crit helped me out to win that one in the middle. Made some early game reads that helped get to that point, but luck is the name of game three for me.

Round 3, Opponent: Helio Breaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Steel, Ice, Dragon
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 1-0, 0-0 (Double KO Win)
Constructive comments about the match: This one had a weird finish. A crit I didn't think would matter at the end led to a double KO gave me the win. I checked Smogon to be sure:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...le-answers-read-the-op-first.3489309/page-335

If induced recoil from an ability (Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Liquid Ooze/Aftermath, Rocky Helmet) results in a double faint, the winner is the Pokemon with the ability that caused the recoil faint. This means that if you punch a Ferrothorn and Iron Barbs causes a double KO, the Ferro wins.

Again a weird finish to it. The call is yours Cryuel, but I'll take the luck. I rarely get it these days :V

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Round #1, Shoveler
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (1-0, 0-3, 0-1)
Constructive comments about the match: An unpredictably predictable opponent lol. The 3rd match could've gone either way, but a flinch and para tipped it to him. Good games.

Round #2, Burner
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Fighting, Ghost, Normal)
Victor, Score: Lynx (2-0, 2-1 ff)
Constructive comments about the match: A speed tie in the second match. I tried to mess with his head in the beginning of the first match, but to no avail. Smart player.

Round #3, Phantomclaw
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Lynx, 1-0, 3-0
Rate your performance: 9
Rate opponents' performance: 7
Constructive comments about the match: First battle was really good, was lucky that his last mon wasn't mega. The second, he led with a mon that allowed me to switch into a good matchup and setup. Good luck with the rest of your battles.

Round #4, Wego
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Poison, Rock, Bug)
Victor, Score: Lynx 1-0, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Always a surprise when playing Wego. Good battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.