• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tropes you just plain like

matt0044

One of my favorites is the Unfazed Everyman where the heroes seem to quickly adjust to the weirdness of their new lives. It amazes me how they can be like "Huh, how about that?" of their new situation.

Note: If TV Tropes isn't your thing, please click on the back button.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
As a writer, I love to take a look at these tropes, and I realise that there are many that I particularly like to use:

Dark Is Not Evil - I have written many songs about this concept, about how embracing one's dark side can be a good thing. It's something I genuinely believe in real life as well.

Gentleman Thief/Phantom Thief/Con Men Hate Guns: I love writing about thieves. Not thugs. Thieves who act in a more sneaky and mature manner, who are for the most part benevolent, for I follow a belief that these thieves are the most effective. And it always impresses me when I see a thief in some sort of fiction (and sometimes even in real life) who follows at least one of these three tropes.

Cloudcuckoolander: These are really fun characters to write about/learn about, for I have a sort of fondness for weird and quirky things, which is exactly what Cloudcuckoolanders are into. Like the thieves mentioned above, I've used characters who fit this trope in the RPG forum here, one example being a paranormal enthusiast who applies strange wisdom to everything, and a girl who has way more imaginary friends than she should have.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
It's not a trope, but I love weaponized scissors or scissor-themed weapons, especially when they're huge.

Circus of Fear is another good one. One of my favorite types of aesthetics.

In games, Gradual Grinder -- unless it's being used against me.