• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trouble installing "intel pLay" microscope

Golde

Always Searching~
My stepbrother recently gave me an intel pLay microscope, that connects to the computer via USB. After messing around with it for hours, downloading a patch or two, and finally getting it to ignore that my computer WASN'T made 10 years ago, I got it running. But now, whenever I start it up, it says something like "I cannot detect the microscope, please restart your computer and try again". I did. 3 times. Still nothing. Tried unplugging/plugging the cord, and still nothing. I'm really bad at the Tech thing, apparently, so if someone could help me diagnose the problem, that's be loads of help.

Thanks.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
My stepbrother recently gave me an intel pLay microscope, that connects to the computer via USB. After messing around with it for hours, downloading a patch or two, and finally getting it to ignore that my computer WASN'T made 10 years ago, I got it running. But now, whenever I start it up, it says something like "I cannot detect the microscope, please restart your computer and try again". I did. 3 times. Still nothing. Tried unplugging/plugging the cord, and still nothing. I'm really bad at the Tech thing, apparently, so if someone could help me diagnose the problem, that's be loads of help.

Thanks.

Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the USB device, because I think that's the problem you're having. If the device is as old as you say it may however not be supported on a Windows Vista/7/8 client and only on a Windows 98SE/ME/XP client.