1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble installing "intel pLay" microscope

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by Golde, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

My stepbrother recently gave me an intel pLay microscope, that connects to the computer via USB. After messing around with it for hours, downloading a patch or two, and finally getting it to ignore that my computer WASN'T made 10 years ago, I got it running. But now, whenever I start it up, it says something like "I cannot detect the microscope, please restart your computer and try again". I did. 3 times. Still nothing. Tried unplugging/plugging the cord, and still nothing. I'm really bad at the Tech thing, apparently, so if someone could help me diagnose the problem, that's be loads of help.

Thanks.

2. dragonskull

dragonskull Dark trainer

Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the USB device, because I think that's the problem you're having. If the device is as old as you say it may however not be supported on a Windows Vista/7/8 client and only on a Windows 98SE/ME/XP client.