• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trouble with my Wii-U.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I bought a wii u less than a month ago, and I'm having a big big issue with it. I can't get the thing on my Wii-U to appear on my television screen even though I did connect my Wii-U to my television.

If it helps my television is Toshiba.

I tried all the settings for the TV, I pushed the sync button on my wii u trillions of times, but nothing worked. I still can play video games on the Wii-U remote, but I want to see the game on the TV screen, that's what I bought my Wii-U for.

Also if it helps my television is hd television. Can someone help me out?

Tangeh

I'm no tech wizard, but it sounds like you might be on the wrong input? Check where you plugged in your HDMI cable on your TV - it should say something like "HDMI IN" and then a number. Most TVs have at least 2 HDMI inputs , maybe more. It doesn't matter which number it's in, but you need to switch your input to this number. Your remote will probably have a button that says INPUT on it - note this might be called something else, such as "TV/Video" or "Source" (I'm not sure what it would be on a Toshiba TV, but check the manual if you can't figure it out). There's also usually a button for input on the TV itself. Anyways, hit that and it'll pop up a list of inputs. Keep hitting the button until it's on the correct HDMI number (alternatively just turn the Wii U on and keep changing inputs until you see the image on your TV).

If that's not the issue maybe give Nintendo a call and see if they can troubleshoot.

Last edited: