• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Troubles!

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
I having some issues creating my team this is what I have so far can someone help or give some advice.

Umbreon-Lefties
EV: HP 252/Def 180/76 SDef
Nature:Sassy
-Wish
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Toxic/Protect

I am not sure what moves I should give my Umbreon or if this is good or not?

Alakazam-Choice specs
EV: HP 6/Spd 252/SpAtk 252
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Trick/Energy Ball

Same thing goes

Metagross -Lefties
EV: HP 252/ Att 164/ Def 92
Nature: Impish
-Meteor Mash
-EQ
-Pursuit
-Agility

Aerodactyl -Choice band
EV: Att 252/ SpDef 42/ 216 Spd
Nature: Admant
-Rockslide
-EQ
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang

Gyarados- Life Orb
EV: Att 252/Spd 252/Def 6
Nature: Admant
-Waterfall
-EQ
-IceFang
-Dragon Dance

Kingdra-Life Orb
EV: Spd 252/SpAtk 252/ HP 6
Nature: Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Draco Meater

Magnozone-???
EV: ??????
Nature: Modest
-Thuderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Magnet rise
-HiddenPower/ice/fire

Weezing-????
EV:????
Nature:????
-Explosion
-Destiny Bond
-Protect
-Flamethrower

Now I know this is more then what I can have but I am just not sure what 5 I want to go with (Umbreon is on my roster). So if you guys could help me to decide who would work best together on a team maybe fix some moves that would be great!
-Ayu

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
if u cant get a good hidden power for mag, go with flash cannon.
dragon pulse AND draco meteor? no.
mag ev's: 252 sp. atk, 252 spd, 6 def.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
The Metagross EVs I gave you are for Reflect versions only: if you want to use Agiligross go with 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd with Adamant. T-Punch and Explosion are the better choices on Agiligross over Pursuit.

Aerodactyl is more like this.

Aerodactyl@Life Orb
Trait: whatever
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Fire Fang doesn't really do much for it except hit the occasional Skarm or Bronzong, who walls it nonetheless.

Pure sweeper Gyarados is generally inferior to the bulky spread.

Gyarados@lefties
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Taunt

Stick to my Kingdra suggestions please.

Weezing@Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- T-Bolt
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp / Haze

The standard Fighting counter. Weezing is too slow to pull off Destiny Bond, and it's usually a bad idea to blow up your physical wall.

Well the Fighting weakness is alleviated, but now you have another problem. Two of your pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, and you don't have a proper spinner. No proper special wall (again) so Specsmence can bomb this team with his Draco Meteors and Flamethrowers.

So what you need right now:
- a special wall
- a decent Spinner to get rid of Spikes and Stealth Rock. Starmie, Donphan, Forretress, Claydol and Hitmontop are all good choices. I wouldn't recommend you choosing Forry, since you have two steel types in your team already.
- a coherent strategy. Think about what you want to do with your team. Do you want to help a certain pokemon setup, or are you focused on stalling and causing indirect damage to the opposing team?

Go back to square one and think about what you need for the centrepiece of your team. Figure out the weaknesses involved, and plan your team accordingly.

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
I understand...I think going with a stalling team would be a decent move. Now the question is what 6 would work the best in that combination.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
dragon pulse AND draco meteor? no.
dragon pulse AND draco meteor? yes, pulse is for late game sweeping

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
The Alakazam.

Ditch Shadow Ball and replace with Energy Ball. Shadow Ball is outclassed by a stabbed Psychic that does just as good of a job where type coverage is concerned, in my oppinion.

The real option is now Trick/HP Ice.

If HP Ice 65+ is on hand, go for that.

If not, Trick should do just about as good.

For some reason I prefer Trick if it's a Modest Alakazam and HP Ice 65+ if it's a Timid Alakazam - but that's just me.

johnXkid

Candlelight
Umbreon is generally setup fodder :/ ditch it for a special wall

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
What's better Umbreon with

-Wish
-Baton Pass
-subsitue
-protect or toxic

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
Umbreon-Lefties
EV: HP 252/252 Def or Spdef/ 4 def or spdef
Nature:Sassy
-Wish
-Meanlook
-Baton Pass
-Toxic/Protect/ Payback

Sassy makes him slower which makes wish passing more effective, mean look is to trap a poke than batton pass it's counter in. if you don't want to be walled by taunt than consider payback. if you go second its a 100 base power stabbed attack. As for ev's, pick one defense and focus on it, don't try to split them. I'd build him up for special "walling" as his two weaknesses hit alot harder on the pysical side and are almost non existent on the special side in the standard OU game. (Focus blast is inaccurate and aura sphere is only spread to two pokes outside of uber. Theres only on OU bugbuzz user that i can think of.) Unfortunalty, as much as it pains me to say umbreon just isn't that good, trap passing is useful but you may only achieve it once. if you have a spare slot on the team than umbreons good but there are just better options than him.