• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Troy's Competitive Team

Dragon Tamer Troy

Dragonite@Yache Berry
Nature: Adamant; EVs 252 Attack, 68 Special Defense, 184 Speed
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Ice Punch

Alakazam@Life Orb
Nature: Timid; EVs 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory@Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish; EVs 196 HP, 196 Defense, 116 Attack
Movest:
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Spikes
- Roar

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy; EVs 252 Special Defense, 252 Defense, 4 HP
Moveset:
- Toxic
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray
- Night Shade

Garchomp@Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly EVs; 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Moveset:
- Sword Dance
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Metagross@Occa Berry
Nature: Jolly EVs; 116 HP, 252 Attack, 142 Speed
Moveset:
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt

Alakazam should have Focus Blast instead of Thunder Wave! It can't take a hit with its abysmal defenses.

Skarmory should have: Drill Peck / Roost (NOT Rest)/ Spikes / Whirlwind EV's: 252 HP / 212 Def / 40 Atk

Dusknoir: Shadow Punch / Ice Punch / Pain Split / WoW

All right, that should do it. And Metagross should be your lead, Dragonite doesn't stand a chance against Weaville.

Dragon Tamer Troy

First off, my Alakazam has 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. You do the math when topped by the EVs I gave it. Next, Focus Blast's accuracy is HORRIBLE I wouldn't trust it to even do the job when trying to K.O. a pokemon. Thunder Wave, is to cripple whatever is going to kill my Alakazam.

My Skaramory has over 400 Defense and 320 HP, those stats won't be touched. It's attack is whatever is leftover, and getting hit with a status attack will leave me in the dust, and it doesn't have a good enough special defense to try Roost. With Rest which I'd most likely only use once or not at all because I'd switch out I can heal status as well and 100% of my HP.

All the attacks you listed are going to do under 100 damage, Night Shade will do 100 damage always, meaing 2 - 4 Hits and your dead. Dusknoir has good defense so it can last those attacks. Secondly, Confuse Ray and Toxic are better then Will-O-Wisp because they damage more heavily due to my opponents high attack, and it makes Pain Split more effective when I take larger hits.

Dragonite is out first BECAUSE it is harmed by Ice, you try and think about Ice Punch well that's what Metagross is for. Switch Out, Meteor Mash.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I 2nd Misty Lover on that Skarm and the Metagross lead

not so sure about ur punches on Dragonite XD i think Thunderpunch is standard for him but im not an expert on him

Alakazam could have Focus Blast over Energy Ball and maybe Trick over Thunder Wave for Blissey counters, in that case u need Choice Specs not Life Orb

ur Dusknoir is fine u made it an annoyer XD nice....but its almost useless against a normal type, especially the non CMBliss and Snorlax

for Skarm, like MistyLover said Whilrlwind>>>>>>>>>Roar, coz some pokemon are sound proof and leftovers and roost instead of rest and Chesto Berry

Life Orb on Garchomp for massive damage, and you could consider Stone Edge since it has more power and high-critical hit ratio, if u have it there for Skarm then go Fire Blast instead

Metagross Meteor Mash already does pretty big damage on fighting and poison types, u could take off Zen Headbutt for Rock Slide or EQ IMO and he should be ur lead since he has the least weaknesses and best defense

note my uses of COULD not SHOULD XD

Last edited:

The Shadow Trainer

Dragonite@Yache Berry
Nature: Adamant; EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed,6 HP
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Ice Punch

Alakazam@Life Orb
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Skarmory@Leftovers
Nature: Impish; EVs 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 att
Movest:
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Whirlwind hits Soundproof and Roar not

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy; EVs 252 HP, 128 SP.def, 128 Sp.def
Moveset:
- WoW
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch

Garchomp@Life Orb/Choice Band
Moveset:
- Sword Dance/Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Use Stone Edge if you use Choice Band as Hold Item.

Metagross@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly EVs; 116 HP, 252 Attack, 142 Speed
Moveset:
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt

ThunderPunch on Metagross if you can get it. I think so because you want Ice Punch on Dragonite. Dragonite can only teach Ice Punch with the Move Tutot in Emerald.

otherside

Some guy
First off, my Alakazam has 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. You do the math when topped by the EVs I gave it. Next, Focus Blast's accuracy is HORRIBLE I wouldn't trust it to even do the job when trying to K.O. a pokemon. Thunder Wave, is to cripple whatever is going to kill my Alakazam.
Do you think a 31 in HP would save your Kazam? With his abysmal base Defence and under average base Sp Def, Kazam won't be able to take a hit at all, so it's not much use trying to save it with a TWave when it'll OHKO you anyway. You're probably better off switching to something else to take the hit, as the poke in to kill it will probably be something faster or some sponge (Blissey comes to mind) which TWave won't do that much to either.
Yes, Focus Blast has abysmal accuracy, but it's usable. 70% isn't as low as you think.

My Skaramory has over 400 Defense and 320 HP, those stats won't be touched. It's attack is whatever is leftover, and getting hit with a status attack will leave me in the dust, and it doesn't have a good enough special defense to try Roost. With Rest which I'd most likely only use once or not at all because I'd switch out I can heal status as well and 100% of my HP.
Rest means you can restore your HP and clear yourself of status ONCE. But how viable is it to use Rest over Roost? Any status inflictions (burn, paralysis and possibly poison if it somehow gets you) won't be very effective because Skarm is no speed demon, and isn't made for attacking. Roost gives you instant 1/2 health regen whereas Rest gives you instant full HP regen AND clear status but only once (and then afterwards you're cripple for 2 turns during which an opposing sweeper can come in and set up)

All the attacks you listed are going to do under 100 damage, Night Shade will do 100 damage always, meaing 2 - 4 Hits and your dead. Dusknoir has good defense so it can last those attacks. Secondly, Confuse Ray and Toxic are better then Will-O-Wisp because they damage more heavily due to my opponents high attack, and it makes Pain Split more effective when I take larger hits.
Will O Wisp is good because it not only slowly damages them, but also halves their attack (with the exception of GUTS pokemon, which, if you happen to burn, will utterly rape you, but that's EXACTLY the same situation with Toxic). A taunting poke will semi shut this down as well. Also, if you're using Dusknoir to block rapid spin, you want to give it Thunder Punch to counter Starmie which is a common spinner. IMO, a better set would be Tpunch, Shadow Sneak, Will O Wisp and Pain Split.

Dragonite is out first BECAUSE it is harmed by Ice, you try and think about Ice Punch well that's what Metagross is for. Switch Out, Meteor Mash.
Too bad they'll switch out their ice poke to a steel resist when you switch to Gross, meaning you get nearly nowhere. Gross will also take a decent hit from a special Ice attack thanks to its base 90 Sp Defence (compared to its base 130 defence)
[B[/B]

Chomp isn't very likely to be statused so Life Orb is probably better on it, or possibly Focus Sash.

Also, Nite would probably be better off with a Focus Sash because it 'protects' him from ALL attacks and ensures one DD. and not just Ice (Also weak to Dragon and Rock)

Dragon Tamer Troy

Blue_Ace: Focus Blast on Alakazam is never going to happen, Thunder Wave is not expected therefore more effective once done, and it's better to make sure I can kill what killed Alakazam with a sweeper. Whirlwind, and leading with Skarmory I will do.

The Shadow Trainer: Dragonite has 31 in it's speed IV as well a attack, I don't need 252 IVs. I'd rather insure a cripple, rather then risk having nothing effect at all. Dusknoir is fine, and I don't worry about a SINGLE pokemon when I can take it out with one hit from another pokemon. Garchomp is fine, after Sword Dance, I'm going to trample an opponent with no chance of them rebounding. Life Orb however, I will do. Explosion is better for Metagross because it's a free K.O. unless a ghost pokemon is brought in. In which case, it's most likely Gengar which will get hit with Zen Headbutt.

Otherside: Alakazam isn't ment to TAKE hits, but GIVE them. If it comes to the point where I know it cannot harm another pokemon, then Thunder Wave will cripple it, and then Alakzam will most likely die which I'm not worried about. With a paralyzed Pokemon, I can use a sweeper to brush it off. 70% is as low as I think, and I don't like the odds of relying on it to get the job done.

Rest is only needed ONCE, Chesto Berry prevents me from sleeping in those two turns, I don't plan on using rest more then once. Whirlwind I can agree with since it gives me a wider range.

I doubt Metagross is going to take any hard hits from Ice. Most Special Sweepers that are ubers don't raise their Special Attack stats and definatly aren't Ice Type for the exception of maybe a Weaville.

Life Orb is going to be my addition to Garchomp, because with my speed being 330 give or take 2, it is going to ram my opponents for 1 hit kills.

If you see Dragonite and you want to kill it, the first thing you think of is Ice. That's what is going to be used on it, with Focus Sash you don't ensure survivial which I don't like, with Yache Berry you have a 95% chance of survival unless you get hit by something deadly, in which case I'd probably have to switch.

~~~~~Topic Edited~~~~~​

The Shadow Trainer

Dragonite isn't fast. He got only 80 base def. He need full Speed EV even with 31 Speed IV.

Dusknoir set is not fine. The one i gave you is much better.

Give Alakazam Focus Blast instead of Thunder Wave.
Alakazam uses Thunder Wave, the opponent is par., the opponent attack, Alakazam is dead. 70% is more than you think it is.

Skarmory is meant to be long in battle so you need to heal more than once.

dark rift

Give Zam choice specs and Trick that way he can eather knock physical sweepers in there place or deal heavy damage with a physical moves

otherside

Some guy
Otherside: Alakazam isn't ment to TAKE hits, but GIVE them. If it comes to the point where I know it cannot harm another pokemon, then Thunder Wave will cripple it, and then Alakzam will most likely die which I'm not worried about. With a paralyzed Pokemon, I can use a sweeper to brush it off. 70% is as low as I think, and I don't like the odds of relying on it to get the job done.
A standard set with Trick (holding CSpecs) over TWave is probably better. It cripples a LOT of things (Physical attacks - ESP those who use DD or Swords Dance - and most tanks/walls)

Rest is only needed ONCE, Chesto Berry prevents me from sleeping in those two turns, I don't plan on using rest more then once. Whirlwind I can agree with since it gives me a wider range.
Replenishing HP WILL be needed more than once, I can almost guarentee that. Especially since you're setting up by Spiking, switching into hard Physical hits, etc. As I mentioned, status isn't much of a problem for Skarm since it won't be attacking much, if at all. Also, Whirlwind isn't a big deal. There are VERY FEW Soundproof pokemon that are used competitively, the best being Mr Mime which I have NEVER EVER seen. So if you can't be bothered breeding for WW or get a good one that doesn't have it, it't not a big deal if you use Roar instead.
Also, IMO the Attack EVs are sort of redundant because in all my time using Skarmory, I've RARELY used Drill Peck at all. Perhaps one in 10 battles will result in me using Drill Peck for some reason.

I doubt Metagross is going to take any hard hits from Ice. Most Special Sweepers that are ubers don't raise their Special Attack stats and definatly aren't Ice Type for the exception of maybe a Weaville.
Put some calculations in and yes you're right. NVE Unstabbed Ice Beams don't do much at all :). However, there is a very good chance they'll switch out on Gross if they get locked into a move, so putting Pursuit over Zen Headbutt is probably a good idea to hit the switching out pogey. (Bullet Punch over Agility is probably good too since you have no priority moves on your team which could mean sadness when a subrevving Lucario comes your way).
Also, a Jolly nature on Meta isn't very good since Gross has an abysmal 70 base speed which, when Jolly, won't be raised by much at all (not allowing it to outspeed anything significant, I think). Adamant is probably better.

Life Orb is going to be my addition to Garchomp, because with my speed being 330 give or take 2, it is going to ram my opponents for 1 hit kills.

If you see Dragonite and you want to kill it, the first thing you think of is Ice. That's what is going to be used on it, with Focus Sash you don't ensure survivial which I don't like, with Yache Berry you have a 95% chance of survival unless you get hit by something deadly, in which case I'd probably have to switch.
You do ensure survival. It leaves you on 1HP, unless its a Ttar or Abomasnow (Hippo normally won't be able to hurt you properly).

0.0 lots of bold.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I hate it when people stick Night Shade on Dusknoir with other random annoying crap like Curse and Confuse Ray.

Dragonite@Yache Berry / Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant; EVs 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Draggy without Earthquake means Heatran can switch into you while you can't do a thing to hurt it.

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Why T-Wave? Zam's by no means a supporter. With Trick you can at least wreak havoc on your opponent with Specs.

Skarmory@Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish; EVs 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd
Movest:
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Using Rest is asking for something to come in and setup on you while you're asleep.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SDef
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- T-Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp / Shadow Sneak

Max out the lower stat first whenever you have a defensive pokemon that has a huge stat difference between total HP and its defenses.

Garchomp@Life Orb
Moveset:
- Sword Dance
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Metagross@lefties
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 Def
Moveset:
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Reflect
- Bullet Punch / Pursuit

Metagross won't be getting KOed by any unboosted Earthquake, so lefties over that. Makes for a great starter and KOs any Weaviles. Pursuit helps against switching ghosts and Azelf.

Major problems with this team: physical walls like Weezing wall the hell out of this team once Zam's gone, and a lot of redundancies in the entire team. Draggy and Garchomp are not needed on this team together, while Metagross + Dusknoir can easily cover physical ground for the team.

Jeremy Tinslay

Dragonite@Yache Berry[B or Choice Band/Scarf[/B]
Nature: Adamant; EVs 252 Attack, 68 Special Defense, 184 Speed
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Alakazam@Life OrbChoice Specs
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast/Trick

Skarmory@Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish; EVs 196 HP, 196 Defense, 116 Attack
Movest:
- Drill PeckSubstitute ( to block rapid spinnners)
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy; EVs 252 Special Defense, 252 Defense, 4 HP
Moveset:
- WoW
- Pain Split
- Ice punch
- Night Shade

Garchomp@Life Orb
Moveset:
- Sword Dance
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Metagross@Occa Berry
Nature: Jolly EVs; 116 HP, 252 Attack, 88 Speed, rest in Def
Moveset:
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- ExplosionT-Punch, Earhquake.
- Zen Headbutt

Changes in Bold. If you don't listen to other people's advice then don't post here.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Big hint:
Having 31 iv's in a stat doesnt increase your stat by as much as you seem to think. And it is certainly no alternative for correct EV's and The right moveset.

Black Hawk

ready to strike
ThunderPunch on Metagross if you can get it. I think so because you want Ice Punch on Dragonite.

outrage and fire punch on dragonite means you are neutral or super effective against every type combo and singular type in the game. think before u post.