• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Try for the Family Stone! (616)

SmartD

It was a decent episode. It was funny when they were flopping around when it was really an illusion.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I thought this episode was going to be all about Giratina, I was wrong. I really hate misunderstandings as they cause people to go over the wrong side. I never get how those things James was using to find dusk stones work.

Not entirely sure but the minerals in the ground let of a stronger magnetic/electrical field (I forget which) and when you encounter one the minerals repel the two rods to show that the magnetic/electrical field is stronger here forcing the two rods outwards. Its a bit like a metal detector for minerals kinda.

Just for some extra information, people use these in ghost hunts as ghosts seem to disturb the magnetic/electrical field hindering with the two rods. However, it is deemed to be a load of rubbish or it is very unsuccessful.

However, the episode I found ok, not brilliant but not terrible either. I think it had a good story about sibling rivalry and the elder being supportive of the younger and yay it ended in a happy ending :D.

Last edited:

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Kind of a boring filler. I thought Rhyanna's design was cool, but I'm tired of Misdrevious and Murkrow. The plot wasn't anything special either.

4/10

ParaBob-omb

I liked this, but only because my name is Mitchell.

That's, like, three people with the name Mitchell.

Well, one of them was named Mitch, but still.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Meowth's Boss Fantasy was classic as usual. I also like how red in the face Brock got when he got hugged.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
As a passionate fan, I'm really critical when it comes to Pokemon (and you all know that), but I'm not going to run this episode down as some people did.
In fact it was pretty entertaining and even a little bit mysterious at the beginning with that creepy BGM and those illusions, especially the Giratina spell.
Oh my god, Ash...instead of running away, why not try and catch that Giratina?...I mean after all you're the daredevil who always tries to be as courageous as possible and to catch special Pokemon.
Ash running away doesn't match the idea of an "I'll save the day"- Ash that we're used to.

Another aspect struck me as odd: By saying that she's run out of ideas how to make her brother happy again, Rhianna more or less admitted that Mitchell had been out for quite some time. When we then saw him for the first time, it was clear that he was alone and obviously with no survival equipment of any kind.
So my question is: How can an obviously pretty young boy who seemingly lacks of survival and Pokemon training experience survive without food, water, shelter and proper equipment??

All in all a decent episode!
Brock wondering whether that could be Team Rocket's mecha when it was plain obvious that it was sure cracked me up!

6.5 out of 10 points

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was just as Filler-y and bland as the Japanese version, but at least I understood the setting and plot a little more. The episode was bland because it involved Pokemon we've seen before and a plot that seemed to have been copied from another episode. I liked that James got his chance to shine when it came to finding the Dusk Stone, but other than that, all the other characters even the COTD Mitchel and Rihanna (pop culture reference?) seemed a tad boring even for COTD.

Overall, it involved a sibling rivalry that was solved at the last minute when Mitchel's Murkrow saved Rihanna's Misdreavus. Too convenient for my tastes. A 5/10.

Brumrha

Banned
RARGH!! I've finally managed to pry myself off of my Xbox, so now I can come back here to do summaries.

Unfortunately, there's not much here to summarize about here. We have a Murkrow & Misdreavous, each being owned by siblings, which are pretty much their own rivals, the sister is looking for a Dusk Stone, & TR gets in the way, because they can't leave well enough alone.

So once everything is said & done, it's another day, another filler, like what most of the other people have said here.

I'm done wasting my time with this piece of #%$@.

Rebeccag

it was an okish episode for a filler it was good to see Brock get the spotlight for a bit and have him flirting with a girl again was funny espically as he hasnt done that for a few episodes and I liked the character of Rhydian as well her brother i wasnt really keen on but she was kinda cool, It was also good to see sudowoodo again as well as we havent seen it for a few episodes either

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was ok, at least Brock showed some spotlight here. I'm glad the pair were able to get together again without the use of what they wanted to get the other back.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
The only entertaining thing was the Giratina mirage at the very beginning and that's about it. This episode could have been saved if either Murkrow or Misdreavus evolved but that didn't happen. This episode was plain boring.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
I just watched 5 minutes of this before getting bored, but, the first part struck me as odd. The 3 feature movies for the DP saga focus on Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus. After everything that went on in the Giratina movie, why the hell did Ash have to take his pokedex out for Giratina? That was just f'd up. I wanted to scream at Ash for not recognizing Giratina.

Rommath

▲_▲
Eh, another sub-par filler, but I did like the, albiet very brief, appearance of Giratina. I still think they should have made the Galactic Finale an episode longer and incorporated it and the Distortion World into there instead.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
It was just as Filler-y and bland as the Japanese version, but at least I understood the setting and plot a little more. The episode was bland because it involved Pokemon we've seen before and a plot that seemed to have been copied from another episode. I liked that James got his chance to shine when it came to finding the Dusk Stone, but other than that, all the other characters even the COTD Mitchel and Rihanna (pop culture reference?) seemed a tad boring even for COTD.

Overall, it involved a sibling rivalry that was solved at the last minute when Mitchel's Murkrow saved Rihanna's Misdreavus. Too convenient for my tastes. A 5/10.

No, no, no. I refuse to spell it "Rihanna." My name is Reanna, and lately whenever I introduce myself, people go, "Derp derp, like the singer, derp?" and I want to do any number of horrible things to them.

Anyway, having a character named REANNA was so strange, because I think I've only ever met one person with my name before in my life. Unlike someone with a common first name, I'm really not used to having someone say my name and have it not be referring to me.

I think that characteristic and the presence of Misdreavus, a Pokemon that I love, made me biased toward this episode. I liked it.

I just watched 5 minutes of this before getting bored, but, the first part struck me as odd. The 3 feature movies for the DP saga focus on Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus. After everything that went on in the Giratina movie, why the hell did Ash have to take his pokedex out for Giratina? That was just f'd up. I wanted to scream at Ash for not recognizing Giratina.

You haven't yet noticed that the main characters never acknowledge that they have seen pokemon in the show before if they have only seen them in movies? The movies are always irrelevant to the show (except #1, arguably); they never add anything that appears later in the show. Yeah, things that change in the show are reflected in the movies: new pokemon, characters, moves, etc. but it doesn't happen the other way around.

This episode raises a question in my mind that I have wondered about many times: how big does an evolution stone need to be? Both Murkrow and Misdreavus evolve with the Dusk Stone, but where in the series did they ever say that the stone needs to be a certain size? Why do the siblings need to have a competition to see who gets to use the stone; why don't they just break it in half and use the two halves to evolve both pokemon? As long as they still resonate the energy of a Dusk Stone, I don't think it would matter how small the pieces are. It would be like waaaaayyyy back in season 1 when they were at Mt. Moon. A chunk of that giant Moon Stone broke off and the shards ended up evolving several Clefairies; even though they were only shards of a bigger stone, they were no less effective.

I remembered a strange/odd quote from Ash in this episode:

"Ow, my heart!"

I think it's this episode he says it in...