• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Try Harder Sony :(

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
The NPD numbers are trickling in, and though we don't have the final spot on tally sales figures on hand, it's clear that Nintendo is still holding its own against the pure muscle that Sony's flexing with its PlayStation Portable.

November was expected to be Sony's biggest month yet with the release of Grand Theft Auto for the PSP, but even with those huge guns, if the numbers are correct both the Nintendo DS and the Game Boy Advance managed to outsell the Sony portable individually.

Though NPD has gone on the record stating that these currently posted numbers are inaccurate and will be updated in the near future, if these numbers are even close to the final tally, no system slouched in sales. Sony managed to sell more than 360,000 systems in the span of November. But the Nintendo DS, using the brutality of Mario Kart DS and other key titles already on the shelves, got more than 380,000 systems in gamers' hands. Of course, the Game Boy Advance, with its newly released Micro design as well as the brand new, brighter SP system, beat both systems combined: Nintendo sold through approximately 900,000 GBA systems in November.

It's strange how the GBA has about nothing new and yet it sells almost twice as much as the DS and PSP. Kinda sad for Sony. I guess Sony is going to have to try harder to beat Nintendo at their own market. People who say Sony's PSP is still dominate in america better start researching cause it clearly isn't the case. Even if you split the GBA sales in half one for SP and one for Micro they would beat DS and PSP.
source ign.com

C

+Chaos Blade+

As said by one of the Execs. at Nintendo: "Nine competitors have had at Nintendo for the best handheld. Yet nine have failed. Nintendo doesn't just lead the handheld industry: It owns it."

T

Tobbin

More people are familiar with the Gameboy. It's been in the market for some time. Of course it will sell well. Sony needs to lower the price of the PSP. Not as many people can afford it. Look at it like this. Which is easier to pay for? $59 or $259? I can get GBA's dirt cheap since the DS and PSP came out. Heck, I could probably trade in some games to get 1. LOL. I've bought 5 GBA's already. Hardly use em right now. I've got 2 DS systems and 3 PSP's. I alternate between a homebrew PSP and a PSP @ system 2.6. The numbers you are going by are static. It doesn't matter how many of a platform sells. It comes down to how many people stay with that console over time. I'm not saying either is better, cause they are a bit different. Just stating you can't go by just one number to figure out the top dog.

Glowstick_cult

I reckon if Ninty named the DS Gameboy (insert something technical and revolutionary here), they would've sold a lot more. People know what a Gameboy is, but approach anyone in a crowd of the general populus and say 'I have a DS', and they'll look at you sideways.