• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trying to be creative.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Well, when I actually start making my teams (and stop thinking about it) this is probably one of the teams I'll make. I'm just trying to branch out there and not use overused pokemon. Here goes.

;115; Kangaskhan
Nature: Naughty
Trait: Scrappy
- Mega Punch
- Dizzy Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

I really don't know what to do for Kangaskhan, so I just took a few pretty decent moves and threw them in there. More criticism for Kangaskhan would be appreciated.

;24; Arbok
Nature:
Trait: Modest
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Giga Drain

;181; Ampharos
Nature:
Trait: Static
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break
- HP Water (If I can. Not really sure how that works)
- Power Gem

or...

;101; Electrode
Nature:
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
- Swift
- GyroBall

I also really need suggestions for these. I'm not sure which to pick, and I also need help with move choices.

;362; Glalie
;178; Xatu
;38; Ninetails

I will get back to finishing these tmrw, I just didn't have the time tonight to finish. Thank you in advance for the suggestions. I also noticed I had many 1st gens, so I may change the team around so I can have a variety of generations. ;)

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Well, your getting there.

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers/Persim Berry
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Ability: Scrappy
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Dizzy Punch
-Brick Break

Kangaskhan is pretty random for me.

I have no idea for Arbok. Guess it's fine.

Ampharos @ Brightpowder?
Modest Nature
Ability: Static
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Power Gem
-Toxic/Charge?

Yeah, I don't have much experience with these pokemon of yours.

Electrode @ Focus Sash?
Hasty Nature?
Ability: Static
-Thunderbolt
-Light Screen
-Magnet Rise/HP Grass/Toxic
-Explosion

Don't use Gyro Ball on Electrode; he's too fast.

Well, there you go. Hope I helped. I'll try to pick out one alternative tomorrow or some other time.

Changes/suggestions in bold

Well, when I actually start making my teams (and stop thinking about it) this is probably one of the teams I'll make. I'm just trying to branch out there and not use overused pokemon. Here goes.

;115; Kangaskhan
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
- Return
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Earthquake or Sucker Punch

You could also consider a Choice Band set with Return/EQ/Hammer Arm/Avalache

I really don't know what to do for Kangaskhan, so I just took a few pretty decent moves and threw them in there. More criticism for Kangaskhan would be appreciated. Mega Punch isn't nearly as good as a full power Return. Return should be your STAB move.

;24; Arbok
Nature: Naive Nature
Trait: Intimidate
- Crunch
- Sludge Bomb Poison Jab/Gunk Shot is probably better
- EQ
- Giga Drain

Don't use a purely special attacking Arbok. She's not a great Sp.Sweeper at all.

;181; Ampharos
Nature: Quiet
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Grass

or...

;101; Electrode
Nature: Hasty
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
- HP Ice/Grass/Water/Fire/Fighting
- Charge Beam

Charge Beam gives you a way to raise Electrode's Sp.Attack.

I also really need suggestions for these. I'm not sure which to pick, and I also need help with move choices.

;362; Glalie

Glalie (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Choice Band
-Ice Shard/Ice Fang
-EQ
-Crunch
-Explosion

;178; Xatu

Xatu (Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
-Zen Headbutt
-U-Turn
-Wish
-Reflect/Light Screen

More of a support set, but you could consider...

Xatu (Timid Nature) @Lum Berry/Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Giga Drain/Shadow Ball/Grass Knot
-Wish

;38; Ninetails

Ninetales (Timid Nature) @Leftovers
-Hypnosis
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball

I will get back to finishing these tmrw, I just didn't have the time tonight to finish. Thank you in advance for the suggestions. I also noticed I had many 1st gens, so I may change the team around so I can have a variety of generations. ;)

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Poke-friend, Outrage is practically useless on Kangaskhan since it doesn't get STAB, locks you into the move, confuses you afterwards, and has horrible type coverage.

Scizito, there's more to "decent moves" that you have to consider when determining movesets. One of these is stats. For example, Kangaskhan has a base 40 Special Attack stat. Therefore, putting Thunderbolt on it is quite a bad idea, especially when it probably won't even 2HKO a Gyarados.

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
~ Return / Crush Claw / Dizzy Punch
~ Sucker Punch / Crunch
~ Hammer Arm / Brick Break / Focus Punch
~ Fake Out / Substitute

A lot of move choices, but it's really quite simple. Substitute goes well with Focus Punch and Sucker Punch, but Brick Break, Fake Out, and Crunch are all decent alternatives if you're feeling iffy about lowering your HP. Hammer Arm is the strongest Fighting-type move Kangaskhan has, but lowers Speed. For your STAB move you can choose Return for power, Dizzy Punch for novelty (it used to be Kangaskhan's signature move, after all) and confusion chance, or Crush Claw for that awesome 50% Defense drop chance.

Arbok @ Black Sludge / Wide Lens
Impish Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Intimidate
~ Glare
~ Gunk Shot
~ Earthquake
~ Screech / Ice Fang / Stockpile

Arbok, huh? With Impish nature and Intimidate he can actually come in on physical Fighting-type moves rather well. Glare cripples fast sweepers, and Gunk Shot is an amazing physical STAB move that shouldn't be overlooked. Earthquake hits most of what Gunk Shot can't. Ice Fang provides additional coverage against some Flying-types like Aerodactyl and Crobat; Screech lets your attacks have a bit more oomph; Stockpile enhances your "walling" capabilities. Black Sludge is nice for healing, although Wide Lens will help Glare, Gunk Shot, and Screech to hit more, as well as making Ice Fang have 100% accuracy.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Signal Beam

SubPunch Ampharos, hits a lot of stuff hard. Signal Beam hits Grass-types.

Would've recommended sets for the others but SapphireL is too fast :(

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Wanna try Drifblim?

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Hasty/Naive Nature
Ability: Unburden/Aftermath
-Focus Energy
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Explosion

Try it out. It'd make a nice addition to your team. (though maybe Gengar and Mismagius would be better)

Ally

I use this ampharos set for mine on platinum

Ampharos
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast
~Signal Beam
~Magnet Rise (Tutor in Platinum)

the plan is to magnet rise before the earthquakes come to hit you and then use what ever move you want. Normall focus blast against Earthquakers