• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trying to catch Shiny Entei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon1

Hey there guys,
I'm playing through pokemon crystal and attempting to catch Shiny Entei. I've been at it for three or so months and still no luck. I'm using an emulator to play on my computer (VBA). Of course I've been soft resetting after each encounter. My question is could I use the save state feature by saving before the encounter and keep loading it if it isn't a Shiny. I've caught normal Entei a few times and noticed that each one had different HP ranging from 146-150 and I'm thinking that this could relate to each new encounter having different DV's. Can someone tell me if it is possible to Shiny hunt using the save and load state on the emulator?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Devon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hi,

Discussion about emulators and roms are not allowed here on the forums (Rule 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.