• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trying to find a Togepi (in the wild, not through trading)

IndiaHawker

Hi all! First post here so I hope I’m in the right place!

Trying to find a togepi and read that they appear in Bridge Field wild area in Sword. Am I correct to keep on looking here - I know the spawn % is low but is there any weather I shouldn’t bother looking in/does night and day matter etc? Can I just search here whenever I like or are there certain conditions that mean it won’t appear no matter how hard I look? Just want to make sure I’m not wasting my time! Also am I right in thinking togepi will only appear as an ! And not as a visible Pokémon? Thank you!!

ShadowForce720

Hi all! First post here so I hope I’m in the right place!

Trying to find a togepi and read that they appear in Bridge Field wild area in Sword. Am I correct to keep on looking here - I know the spawn % is low but is there any weather I shouldn’t bother looking in/does night and day matter etc? Can I just search here whenever I like or are there certain conditions that mean it won’t appear no matter how hard I look? Just want to make sure I’m not wasting my time! Also am I right in thinking togepi will only appear as an ! And not as a visible Pokémon? Thank you!!
If you want one in the wild but not from a raid den then they only appear Bridge Field area as a random encounter in the Grass however you can only encounter them when the Bridge Field area is in Fog or Overcast weather.

In overcast you have a 2% chance of encounter Togepi as a random encounter in the grass while in Fog there is a 5% chance of encountering them as a random encounter in the grass.

Also yes random encounters in the grass only show up as !.

IndiaHawker

If you want one in the wild but not from a raid den then they only appear Bridge Field area as a random encounter in the Grass however you can only encounter them when the Bridge Field area is in Fog or Overcast weather.

In overcast you have a 2% chance of encounter Togepi as a random encounter in the grass while in Fog there is a 5% chance of encountering them as a random encounter in the grass.

Also yes random encounters in the grass only show up as !.
Thank you! I don’t know much about max raid battles yet, but can I also obtain togepi in these? And if so, any guidelines or can they just appear in any max raid battle and what’s the % chance please? Thanks so much :)

ShadowForce720

Thank you! I don’t know much about max raid battles yet, but can I also obtain togepi in these? And if so, any guidelines or can they just appear in any max raid battle and what’s the % chance please? Thanks so much :)
Not sure the exact chances but in the dens they can be in they are a rare spawn meaning the den is shooting a purple light.

You are able to obtain them in Max Raid battles from specific dens.

Here is a link to Togepi’s Dex page on Serebii so that you can look up the locations and stuff:https://serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/togepi/