• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trying to plan a Sceptile for the Battle Frontier.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Sceptile@Leftovers
Nature:Timid
EVs:252 Sp. Attack/252 speed/6 Sp. Def

-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-HP Dragon
-???

I'm reluctant to use Dragon Claw, since it can be more effective on someone like Latios. Which is why I'm happy about HP Dragon (Yes, I tested it. It is HP Dragon).

But still, I'm not sure what I should use for it's final move. Just so you know, I already used Brick Break, and sold Bullet Seed.

Crypted Wolf

Sceptile@leftovers
nature:timid
~ Leaf Blade
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~Tunderpunch/Dragon claw/In your case HP dragon

Sceptile@leftovers
Nature:Timid/Modest
~Crunch
~Tunderpunch
~Leaf Blade
~Dragon claw

shiron

best dragon trainer
Xtra said:
Sceptile@Leftovers
Nature:Timid
EVs:252 Sp. Attack/252 speed/6 Sp. Def

-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-HP Dragon
-thunder punch

I'm reluctant to use Dragon Claw, since it can be more effective on someone like Latios. Which is why I'm happy about HP Dragon (Yes, I tested it. It is HP Dragon).

But still, I'm not sure what I should use for it's final move. Just so you know, I already used Brick Break, and sold Bullet Seed.

i personally wouldnt have wasted my time with hp but hey do what you got to do

SwordofAeons

Degeneration X
Well if u want a plain sweeper use the Thunderpunch as your last move. IMO the SubSeed Version is the best.

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
Msterofwearwolfs said:
Sceptile@leftovers
nature:timid
~ Leaf Blade
~ Leech Seed/Endeavor
~ Substitute
~Tunderpunch
Thunderpunch is better

Sceptile@leftovers
Nature:Modest
~Crunch
~Tunderpunch
~Leaf Blade
~Dragon claw
Modest on the second set.

Crypted Wolf

Never liked Endeavor on Sceptile :p. I think Endeavor on Sceptile is pertty much a waste of time.

Go with Overheat Hothead nature suggustions.

lol HP Dragon.

Sceptile@ Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Leaf Blade
-Thunderpunch
-Leech Seed / Dragon Claw

Always Timid.

ElementalBoxer

I hate Resters!!!
Fighting_Master said:
lol HP Dragon.

I agree. HP maximum power is 70. Dragon Claw's power is 80. Think about it. I would go with msterofwearwolves second set with overheat hotheads nature.

EBoxer

Xtra

I don't know about Substitute, though. If I bred Leech Seed on, I can see a use for Sub, but I didn't. I guess I'll use Fire Punch for that last move (so it can hold it's own against an Ice type pokemon), and replace HP Dragon with Dragon Claw.

Though first, I have to get the TM.

Zora

perpetually tired
Fighting_Master said:
And that Dragon is one of the most pathetic types there is.

But it is neutral on almost anything except Steel (Weak) Dragon (Strong)

Mence and Dragonite rock, so...

Because of there stats, not types. Actually Salamance doesn't actually need his second type.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Xtra said:
I don't know about Substitute, though. If I bred Leech Seed on, I can see a use for Sub, but I didn't. I guess I'll use Fire Punch for that last move (so it can hold it's own against an Ice type pokemon), and replace HP Dragon with Dragon Claw.

Though first, I have to get the TM.
the only punch sceptile can learn is thunderpunch.

Zora said:
But it is neutral on almost anything except Steel (Weak) Dragon (Strong)
yes. but you don't strive for neutral, you try for super-effective. and that means you don't use things that are only SE on one, rare type. it's the same problems as sludge bomb, except that there are more grass-types than dragon-types and sludge bomb is stronger than dragon claw.

Last edited:

Kingdra

WHY?!?!
I say...
1.Leaf Blade
2.Dragon Claw
3.Solarbeam
4.Sunny Day to go with your solarbeam

Xtra

WhiteWizard42 said:
the only punch sceptile can learn is thunderpunch.

Dang. Then again, that makes sense.

Zora

perpetually tired
yes. but you don't strive for neutral, you try for super-effective. and that means you don't use things that are only SE on one, rare type. it's the same problems as sludge bomb, except that there are more grass-types than dragon-types and sludge bomb is stronger than dragon claw.

I guess it is a downside. However it can hit every Pokemon, which a lot of types can do, therefore making it a good One-Attack move (*cough*Lati@s*cough*).