• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tsu Toreiru Gekkou

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
The Earth is a very mysterious place, and the humans that live there only know a fraction of anything behind it. Although, they do have a bit of a concept for many of the things that would normally be beyond their comprehension.Such things like magic.
You are a student of Shinozuka High School, in Tokyo, Japan. It is the present day, and an American named Hal Relin has moved into a small, old house in the suburbs. In the basement, he finds a book, a really old one, and decides to take it to school with him (with a bit of haste- he was already running late), and reads the book throughout homeroom, and discovers quickly that this book was no ordinary stack of bound pages. It was a spell book.

He goes to the roof of the school, where a few students follow him to, each for their own reasons, and see Hal on the roof, performing some incantation. As he says the scripture, the wind begins to gust, and the ground beneath them gets heavy. An occultic symbol was forming in the ground, Hal at the center of the crop-circle like pattern, and each of the onlookers in their own circle, connecting to Hal's. When Hal finishes the incantation, a blast of Arcane energy hits the group of students, and knocks them all out, and send their subconsciousness to an ethereal place called the Astral Plane…...Maybe you need a little bit of back story with that. Hal, for lack of a better term, has no clue on anything Japanese. He was only suddenly brought the news that his father had to move to Japan for business, and that he would be their for the duration of a year or so. Hal was on the summer of his senior year, so he thought this was a perfect opportunity to finish his senior year in a school where people don't know him.

A place where he can probably enjoy himself. He got his transcript and asked his father if he could move to Japan with him. His dad was a really strange guy, and was normally a mother hen, but he allowed him to go. Hal was overjoyed! Except, there was a problem.He didn't know any Japanese.His dad had purchased a language learning software so that he could learn, and he studied extensively, all through the summer.Eventually, it was moving day, and Hal boarded the flight to Japan with his dad. He didn't really know his dad well, as he was always out on work, and was therefore never home. But when he was home, he tried to act like a mother for him. You see, Hal's mother died in childbirth, and his dad was hardly around, always at work. Because of this, Hal's dad will most likely not even be around often while he stayed in Japan. Hal and his dad arrived at the small house in the suburbs, which looked kinda old. Hal helped his father bring in their belongings.

As Hal was putting some of the storage items in the basement, he came across a mysterious book, one that was oddly written in what looked like Anglo-Saxon Runes, which was odd, as the Anglo-Saxons were in Europe, and they died out centuries ago. Why would this book be here? Hal looked up Anglo-Saxon runes on the internet, and began to translate the book. It was exceedingly hard to think of the word structure the way it was written, but he did have a bit of a knowledge of riddles from his grandfather, so he knew how to think outside the box. He began to notice something. Something rather morbid, yet...Magical.You come in as a student of Shinozuka High School. You have your own story, and you all have your own paths.However, our paths are intertwined. We are all bound by a destiny.When Hal casts this first spell, a great evil is secretly let loose in the world.I'm sure you can guess what you need to do- Stop that darkness from destroying the planet.But can you learn the powers of magic in time before this darkness can sweep the world and destroy it?

Approved:
deokishisu.123 - Hal Relin - Astral Magic
DVB - Diego Vendrix -Spirit Magic
*Jean Grey* - Monica Fiorelli - Dark Magic
Billy Mays - Henry Cooldown - Physical Magic
Winterbreezesrule - Alexandra Shirley - Dark magic
Requiem's Eclipse - Kyle DelVecchio - Light Magic
Xander Ketsu - Takashi Minamot - Physical Magic
Flame Mistress - Yamiko "Mimi" Winton - Mental Magic

∞∞∞

Hal Relin awoke that Wednesday morning, at about 7:30 in the morning. He groggily opened his eyes and tried to glance at the clock while still in REM sleep. He looked at the clock for a moment, and it took him about a minute to realize what he was looking at, and why. He yawned and stretched, and got out of bed. He stood up, and all the blood rushed to his head for getting up so fast. His body suddenly weaker, he fell back on his bed, and waited for his tunnel vision to clear up. After it cleared, he walked over to his dresser, and opened it. Apon looking at the school uniform neatly laid out in it, he remembered with a sudden mental slap that he was going on his first day of Japanese High School today. A flurry of butterflies filled his stomach, the same sensation that caused him uneasy rest the night before. He took out a pair of pants, and a white shirt. He rushed to his small closet, and took out the blazer jacket. He quickly put it on, and frantically found his bag, and he unceremoniously shot out of the wooden-slat door that barricaded his room from the hallway, and rushed to the kitchen, where his father was wearing his pink apron with a cow on it, cooking food.
"Morning, Hal!" Mr. Relin said. "I see you're up bright and early!"
"Well, yeah, I need to go... to... school..." Hal looked at the apron. "Dad, why on Earth are you wearing that again?"
"What? It's my lucky apron!" Mr. Relin complained. "Really, how cool is it? It's got a cow on it, too!"
Hal sighed, and sat down. He pulled that ancient book from his bag again, and flipped it open, and started to try and translate the runes again. His dad glanced over.
"Still trying to read that thing?" Hal nodded, but wasn't really listening. "It looks very old. You should let maybe a history teacher in your school look at it, maybe he can transcribe it for you..."
Hal eventually ate the breakfast his dad gave to him, which was rice and sausage. He put his book back in his bag, and rushed to the door, aiming to reach a bus before 8:10. He clamoured up the bus's stairs, and took a seat, with a large huff. He really hoped he could make it to his new school, 4 blocks away, in 20 minutes.

"Oh...?" Mr. Relin said, eyeing a black box on the table. "Hal forgot his lunch..." He picked it up. "Oh well, I'm sure someone will be kind enough to him to let hi have something..."

Hal eventually arrived on the campus, and walked through gate of the the brick wall surrounding it. He looked all around. He almost stuck out badly, as his skin was much paler. But there were actually a few people here with pale skin too. That made Hal sigh in relief a bit. He sat down on a small bench. He was sure people would notice him, because he looked noticeably different... but he would just have to wait and see... He took out his book, and continued to translate it.​

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Henry Cooldown
His Apartment Near Downtown Tokyo

Henry awoke to the sound of his alarm clock, which was ringing much earlier than it normally would. As much as Henry disliked his new schedule, he knew he had to be awake this early so he could make it to school on time. Really, he didn't know why he felt like he needed to go to school, but he figured he needed something to preoccupy himself with during the day. Besides, being a drop out would look bad on his resume. Henry got up and opened his closet, with his clothes all neatly stacked and organized. He dug out his newly issued school uniform, which all in all he didn't mind, although it surprised him when he found out that he'd have to wear a uniform to public school. He didn't feel in the mood for breakfast, so after putting on his uniform and gathering his school supplies into his bag, Henry immediately went out the door. Although he was Irish, Henry actually forunately had at least a basic understanding of Japanese, so he could easily make it to school on his own. Henry checked his watch and noticed he had time to kill, so he decided that today he'd just walk to school. It was after all a pretty nice day today, and Henry really didn't mind the crowded streets.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Emerald Aura- Nature Element
Apartment in Downtown Tokyo

Diego Vendrix awoke to the sound of his radio clock. Diego stood up before he stretched and got out of bed. He looked at the sky and let put a sigh. He was feeling a bit lonely, but that wasn't much of a shock. Back in America, it was evening. Diego then got an irritated look as he put on his school uniform. He wasn't fond of them, but he seen enough anime to appreciate this one anyway. So he put it on and looked in the mirror. He looked all right, he supposed.

Diego got himself a nice hearty breakfast of Japanese food before he made his way to the entrance of the apartment and began taking his bike to school. He had everything he needed for school. As he was going by, some of the folk smiled and waved at Diego and he waved back at them. Diego was actually fluent in Japanese besides English and Spanish. He also planed to learn Chinese and maybe anything else that caught his attention.

He just went riding his bike to school as he enjoyed the wind in his hair. The smog didn't affect him. He visited Mexico City on occasion and got used to it.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Alexandra Shirley

"Alex! Get up!" a loud voice yelled. Alexandra Shirley's eyes flew open. Her older brother was standing beside her bed. He tapped his foot impatiently. The young woman opened an eye and muttered, "Get out, Tim. I need to change." She waited for her brother to leave the small apartment room before she got up and changed into the new uniform her family had been sent that the new school required.

Japan seemed pretty nice right now, but Alexandra knew that some group of iditotic popular girls would soon find another fault to make fun of her for. She quickly pushed open the door and raced down the hallway into the area that was the kitchen, living room, and dining room all in one. She saw her mother pouring her some cereal.

"Hello, mom. Where's dad?" she asked in the basic Japanese she knew.

Her mother laughed, and said in Romanian, "He's out, honey. And you can speak our language here."

"Ahh, okay," Alexandra said with a smile. She sat down and quickly began to eat her cereal.

"Remember: Don't be afraid to make new friends here," her mom said while she ate.

"I know, I know," she muttered as she finished the last of her cereal.

Soon after, she grabbed her lunch and book bag and raced out of the door. She was thankful that her apartment was so close to the school. She walked through the streets quickly. After all, she knew her street smarts. She had grown up in the capitol of her home country, thank everyone very much. About ten minutes after she left, she reached the new school. She walked through the brick walls and looked around.

She saw a person sitting on a bench that seemed to stand out in the crowd. He certantly was not Japanese or Romanian, and Alexandra couldn't quite put her finger on what race he was. He was looking at a huge book.

Well...mom did say to make a few friends... she thought to herself. She timidly walked over to the bench and sat down, putting her bag on her lap. She tapped the young boy and asked quietly in Japanese, "Hello. What's your name?" She had no idea if she was doing this whole "friendship" thing right.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Hal Relin
Shinozuka Campus

Hal was so engrossed in this book that he didn't notice the lovely Romanian girl that just sat next to him. When she tapped his shoulder, and spoke to him, he came out of his trance, startled. He looked to his side. She looked to be tall and slender, with blonde hair pulled into a braid. She had green eyes and freckles across her face. Her skin was rather pale, like his own.

"Oh, um... Hello." Hal started, "I'm Hal. Hal Relin." He looked to be slightly awkward, yet mostly shy. He knew he wanted to be outgoing, and he wanted to make friends, but this was so sudden, he was rather embarrassed. "Um... I'm new here. I flew into here from America a week ago or so..." Hal's eyes constantly looked at her freckles, as they were so sporadically placed, it messed with his OCD.

Last edited:

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Kyle DelVecchio
Suburb of Tokyo

Kyle was up before her alarm clock even sounded. 1 hour to be exact. She couldn't stay asleep, not because the anxiety of school but, rather that she is still haunted by nightmares of her mother and bother's death. It was months ago and every night is a new nightmare, a new rendition of the same event. She was damp from the cold sweat that was a result of the nightmare. Her hair was slightly frizzy from her thrashing about. She looked around her dim room, light trying to fight it's way through the shut curtains, some of it seeping through the bottom, creating a faint orange glow in her room. She pushed her covers off of her and quickly changed out of her damp pajamas and walked out of her room with only her underwear on. She was still sore from her workout the night before so it was like pulling teeth but, after her hot shower, she'll be fine.

After her shower and getting dressed, she opened a window right outside her room, which was on her third floor and looked outside. The Climate of Tokyo was much like Los Angeles, it was mild all year round with only a few cold spells. That was one of the things that made switching countries so easy. A breeze ran into the window, blowing her hair behind her, which was now loosely curled and not one friz in sight. She looked at her clock and it was seven, almost time to get on the train to school. She actually was not supposed to go to this school. This school was a special school for International students and it was the closest to her house but was still in Downtown Tokyo when she was in Setagaya, or something like that. Kyle had practiced the route occasionally in the two weeks before school so she would be sure she had it when it started, though she got lost sometimes and had to call a taxi in broken Japanese. She didn't mind the commute, she actually welcomed it. It made her feel so....adventurous. She would always see something new, smell something new. What she didn't know is that....very soon she would experience something that she never thought would happen.

Kyle's father had already left, but it seemed he was only five minutes ahead of her as her breakfast was still smoking hot. She laughed at the thought, "Smoking Hot". She ate her VERY American breakfast of bacon, eggs toast and milk rather fast as she didn't want to be late for her train. It was rather balmy but it was April so, what did she expect? She took off her sweater and tied it around her waist and tied her under shirt up to show off her muscular midriff. She looked like a school girl on a mission. However, her mind quickly steered from the weather to the school schedule. This was one of the things she found hard to comprehend was the scheduling of the curriculum in Japan. They started out in April but, then had a summer break, resumed in september, ended their current grade in March then just go to the next in April. It was hard and weird for her that it didn't start at the end of August. Her mind was muddled with confusion at the mere thought of this odd schedule but, she was able smile at every one she saw on her way to school, saying "Good Morning", "Thank You", "You're Welcome", when appropriate, in now perfect Japanese.

It didn't take long until she got to her school, she didn't even realize an hour had passed, her usual commute to her school. She entered the courtyard and greeted everyone she saw. Though it was most definitely an international school, it still had a majority of Japanese students as the school was formerly just a district school. Most of the times she got dirty looks or confused hellos, rarely did she ever get a sincere hello. She walked around almost entering the building until she saw it. "BLONDE HAIR!!!!" she yelled out, like she just saw big foot. Luckily and surprisingly only two people behind her heard her and, like always, gave her dirty looks. The girl with blonde hair was sitting with a boy, and they seemed to be talking so she began to walk over.

She was relieved to see two other American's in the school and rushed over and threw her Prada purse on the other side of the boy and said, "OH MY GOD, I am so happy I finally found some other people who actually speak English for once!" She looked at both of them and she just realized she interrupted their introductions but, no matter she'll just continue them with her own.

"Hi! My name is Kyle DelVecchio," She put her hand out for a hand shake but instead hugged them both. The situation was definitely awkward but she didn't really notice or care and waited for either of them to answer with her different colored eyes staring both down, in an oddly inviting way.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Alexandra Shirley

"Oh, um... Hello." the boy started, "I'm Hal. Hal Relin. Um... I'm new here. I flew into here from America a week ago or so..."

Alexandra noticed that he was looking at her freckles. He looked a bit nervous. She started to get worried. Had she done something wrong? Panic made her nluch quite birghtly. She managed to say, "Well, my name is Alexandra Shirley. I just moved here too. My father's here working on his new book-"

Before she could say anything more, though, another girl plopped down on the other side of Hal and said something in English. Alexandra was relieved that she had chosen that language as the one she studied in school, so was able to make out that this girl was relieved to meet the two, because she thought that she was the only American there-- I'm Romanian. Then again, it's a hit difficult to tell the difference, she thought to herself-- and her name was Kyle DelVeccio. She then hugged them awkardly.

"Well... like I said, my name is Alexandra Shirley. However, I'm not American, I'm Romanian. Just FYI," she said in English, her accent definately making an appearance.

Alexandra was a bit overwhelmed by it all. Suddenly, she had two friends, more than she had ever really had in her life.

Maybe Tokyo wouldn't be so bad.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Hal's introduction was suddenly interrupted by a squeal nearby.
"BLONDE HAIR!!!!" He heard someone in a female voice shout. He turned to see a girl, with alternate coloured eyes, bounding to them. She was very happily explaining, "OH MY GOD, I am so happy I finally found some other people who actually speak English for once!" She then paused, and then said, "Hi! My name is Kyle DelVecchio," and then held out her hand. Hal tried to take the gesture as a handshake, but as soon as he grabbed her hand, she apparently made the split second decision to pull him into an embrace. Hal immediately felt colour rush to his cheeks. He had never been hugged before, perhaps since he was a young boy, and was hugged by his late mother. When she was done with her death-lock of a hug, Hal looked into her eyes. His dark brown eyes interlocking with her blue and green ones for a brief moment.

"I'm... Hal Relin." He said shyly. He had noticed that his book fell to the ground. He hastily retrieved the book. It was thick and hefty, and he picked it up rather easily. He felt so strange to have started out school in Japan only just today, and he was already meeting people... girls, no less. He had never been good with anyone, especially girls. But now it seemed like they ran into him. "Uhm... glad to meet you!" He said, attempting to be optimistic. "I'm from America, yes. I'm glad to see others here like me. I hoped I wouldn't be a social outcast here, like back in America." He laughed.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Shinozuka Campus

Diego had been riding into the school and had made his way into the campus. As he parked it and made it inside, he saw some folk. They were not Japanese though. They looked American. Two girls and a guy, one with blonde hair. Diego was at an impasse. While he viewed some of his former classmates with disdain, that didn't mean everyone in America his age were not bad.

He had some good friends there.

Might as well make same new friends here.

Unfortunately as he was walking, his shoe got untied and he ended up tripping and tumbling in front of Alex, Kyle and Hal.

Someone help the guy up.

While he wasn't bleeding and his uniform was clean, he was a bit bruised.

"Ow! That hurt. Oh, hi. My name is Diego Vendrix. I couldn't help but notice we are all... non-Japanese. I am American, well Hispanic actually," Diego said to them with a smile.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Alexandra Shirley

After she introduced herself, Hal introduced himself as well. Alexandra closed her eyes and tried to wrap her mind around the whole situation. She just approached a person with a book randomly and now she knew--

Suddenly, a person tripped in front of the three and landed with a thud, making her open her eyes.

--about three people, if this person got up and introduced himself. He looked Hispanic. Alexandra looked around pleadingly. Was she the only Romanian here? She started to mentally facewall. Why had she gotten herself into this situation? She preferred being alone and being quiet! Gosh mom. Thanks for the great advice to meet a new friend. Now I'm surrounded by a bunch of people that aren't even from my own continent! she thought angrily.

Someone helped the guy up. He wasn't bleeding or anything, but had one or two bruises.

"Ow! That hurt. Oh, hi. My name is Diego Vendrix. I couldn't help but notice we are all... non-Japansese. I am American, Hispanic actually," Diego said with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm the only non-American non-Japanese person here..." Alexandra muttered under her breath angrily. Putting on a happier face, she introduced herself again.

Next time I'm not saying ANYTHING until these people stop popping up out of nowhere, she thought to herself.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Hal saw as a boy fell flat on his face before the three of them. He didn't know what to think. He was lost. He was a total loner in America, and now, people were literally falling to him. He was a bit silent as he watched the hispanic-american boy stand up. He was sure he would be a good friend, but he did have a bit of a klutzy nature about him. He simply plopped down on the bench again and opened the large book again. It was the size of a text book, and was thick with nearly 1000 pages in it. He knew people there would be hard to meet, but it made it much easier now that people just... showed up. He didn't notice it when the 3 people he was with started to stare oddly at his book, and they probably began to even ask questions about it...

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Kyle DelVecchio
Turquoise Air Element/ Light Magic
Shinozuka Campus

Kyle was taken aback by Alex's thick Romanian accent when she spoke English. Kyle found a lot of similarities between her and the girl, the blonde hair, the light eyes. If was out of school their hair would even be the same as well. They could have passed for sisters if it weren't for the differing skin tones and bone structure. She was about to say she was sorry for the mix-up until the boy open up his mouth to introduce himself.

"Hi...I'm Hal Relin" he said very quietly. His brown eyes stared at her. He was so cute. Not cute in the attractive way but, more along the lines of a little puppy dog asking you with it's eyes to buy it. This all quickly shed away when he said this, "I'm from America, yes. I'm glad to see others here like me. I hoped I wouldn't be a social outcast here, like back in America." He laughed.

Ugh. Cuteness gone. She saw through his fake optimism and saw that he was digging...at himself. Like, who does that to depress themselves? It annoyed her that he couldn't just be glad to have a fresh start thousands of miles away. She hid her annoyance with a perfectly executed smile as the rest of what he said was a blur. She was zoned out until she saw the book he dropped fell. She usually didn't watch things drop, not like anyone else watches something drop, unless it's the ball on New Year's Eve. Something was very odd about this book. It reminded her of her Norwegian Heritage but not quite. She was entranced by the book. She wanted to grab it and start reading it. But, before she could even begin to reach, Hal quickly grabbed the book and looked back at Kyle, with, what she read as, paranoia.

There stare was broken when a boy feel a few inches away from them on his shoe lace. He was rather tan, but she couldn't really tell except for his neck because he fell face first. Well, a lot of things are falling she thought to herself as the boy got him self up. He introduced himself.

"Ow! That hurt. Oh, hi. My name is Diego Vendrix. I couldn't help but notice we are all... non-Japanese. I am American, well Hispanic actually," he said with the most cutest smile she had ever seen. She was turned off by the transition glasses he wore because it reminded her of her father's glasses. So her feelings of this kid were still out but neutral....better then what can be said about Hal.

Alex Jumped at the opportunity to introduce herself. After that Kyle Introduced herself and did her usual hand shake to hug greeting. She couldn't help but feel the warmness from his hug but, there was a slight uneasiness. Odd. she thought to herself. Not only about the boy but, all of them gravitating toward each other....and that book.....what was in that book. Her eyes were now fixated on Hal's book. Questions streaming through her mind on what to ask, "Well, what kind of book is that, it seems European in nature....is it Norwegian?" she asked spotting it's similarities with modern Norwegian art.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Henry Cooldown

Henry was walking along the school campus when he noticed a group of kids huddled together that for once DIDN'T look asian. Not that Henry disliked asian people, but the change of pace was nice. He thought about approching them, but Henry didn't feel in the mood for talking. Then he remembered that NEVER was in the mood for talking, so that really didn't matter much.

"Hey, what're you people up to?" Henry asked with a curious manner. It's not like he cared too much, but knowing is better than not knowing.

(OOC: Lucky you Breeze, now you finally can talk to someone else European!)

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Shinozuka Campus

Diego looked at the girl. It took him a little while, but he guessed the accent. Romanian. He knew a Romanian guy once back in high school. Great guy. Good cook too. "Well, hi Alex! You're not from America or Japan, are you? You look Romanian. That's really cool," Diego said with complete sincerity and honesty. She looked like a nice person, kind of an introvert. He used to be like that, though he realized loneliness was a very bad thing sometimes.

"Nice book by the way. Looks Celtic," Diego said with a hint of fascination. Then, Diego was hugged by Kyle. Diego was feeling good. This turned out to be a good thing after all. "Looks like we're all going to be good friends," Diego said with a good enthusiasm.

"Who knows, maybe we will meet more," Diego said with a smile.

Good golly, here comes Henry.

"Hey, nice to meet you. The name is Diego," Diego said as he offered his hand for Henry to shake.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Henry Cooldown

"Hey, nice to meet you. The name is Diego." The hispanic boy said as he held out his hand. Henry responded and shook his hand.

"You still haven't told me what you're up to." Henry said almost roboticly. Henry had plenty of patience, but it he felt like this guy wasn't telling him for some odd reason, and Henry was starting to actually gain interest as to what the group was huddling over.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Hal then began to get a bit started and frightened that all these people began to crop up. Now some other kid just walked up to them and joined this little group. He looked at all of them with a slight bit of a wary look as they kept spawning, until Kyle said something.

"Well, what kind of book is that, it seems European in nature....is it Norwegian?" she asked.

"Uhm..." Hal started. "I actually haven't a clue what it is. It's written in Anglo-Saxon runes." He flipped the book to her to see. "I'm transcribing it! I just love ancient, and mystical things... it get's my blood running, and heart pounding...!" He went back to his book, and he actually had a genuine smile on his face that he can share his likes with someone now.

He decided he was going to stop his depressive states so much, and give people a chance. He would just have to have a lid put on it.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Shinozuka Campus

"We all seem to bump into each other and looking at this really cool old book," Diego told Henry as his eyes looked back down to the tome. Diego smiled at his excitement. He looked at the runes with interest. He always had an interest in Celtic stuff himself. However, the ancient Mayan and Aztec was closer to him because it was of his homeland.

"I know what you mean. I remember once spending most of Winter Break in Mexico going to the ruins and trying to figure out what they said," Diego said as he had his own hint of excitement. These types of excitement were contagions.

"Wonder what it could be? Some sort of holy book?" Diego said, as the nature of the book mystified him.

Xander Kaiser

Any cookies up here?
Takashi Minamoto
Subway

"Go to school early they said," Takashi grumbled, "It'll start the day right, they said." The native Japanese was currently packed on the subway headed to Shinozuka High School, squeezed up against the door window. His parents had been insist on getting him to school on time, thus forcing him out of the house an hour earlier then needed. Confident he would wake up upon arrival to the station, he rested on the ride to catch a few z's. He got his full rest, but now anxious to get back on the right track, pun intended. "The day can only get worse..."

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Yamiko "Mimi" Winton
Shinozuka High School

Yamiko stared at the group of non-Japanese students huddled near a bench. Huh. She wasn't used to seeing so many western people all at once. Not that she had anything against European people or whoever they were - heck, she was British by birth herself - but, well, she'd got used to seeing Asian people in the five years of her life in Japan, she just wasn't familiar to seeing so many non-Asian people anymore. Here at Japan, there were only Japanese people, pretty much, with everyone else being tourists. It wasn't as interracial as Britain was, where there were people from many different cultures. It was also quite unusual that so many foreigners joined the school at once. Was it fate? Of course it wasn't. It was all just coincidence. Right?

Breaking her gaze away from the newcomers, Mimi sighed and locked her bicycle onto the cycle rack before picking up her rucksack again, plugging in her earphones, and heading towards the main school building. It was fortunate that she only lived five streets away from the school - it meant that it only took her about ten or fifteen minutes to get to school, and it saved her the trouble of riding the subway ("Not the tube," she had to remind herself every day, despite having been living in Japan for five years now) in the cramped carriages packed with business and students alike, as well as the subway fares. It was nicer cycling. More fresh air.

Sighing again, remembering her own hometown of London and the fresh air of the park that she'd frequented with her father and best friends when she was younger, happier, and still Jessica rather than Yamiko/Mimi, she began casually walking towards the main building, humming along to the song streaming into her ears from her iPod. What she hadn't yet noticed was that she hadn't zipped up her bag fully, and that it was half-open, its contents almost hanging out like someone's tongue, while she continued walking, completely oblivious to the fact that her bag looked like an open mouth now. The more she walked, the more her feet hit the ground, the more and more it became unzipped, until, inevitably--

She tripped over someone's untied shoelaces, making her stumble, and that was all the impact that was needed to make the rucksack bump into said person and send all its contents flying to the ground, the cascade of books landing on the person's feet. "Damn! Tie your shoelaces up, idiot!" Mimi said hastily in Japanese, before realising that said person was one of the new foreigners at the school, and most probably didn't understand a word she was saying. The girl had pale skin, with freckles dotted on her face, had long blonde hair tied back into a neat ponytail, and almost certainly did not look like a Japanese person. "Uh... do you understand Japanese?" Mimi asked, this time in English, just to be sure. She probably didn't, but she didn't want to rant on about the importance of tying up your shoelaces in a language that the target audience didn't understand.

(OoC: I'm talking about Alexandra, btw. Not Diego, because he's a guy.)

Last edited:

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Alexandra Shirley

After she had introduced herself, a person asked if she was Romanian. She just nodded. Alexandra was quite overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of so many people. It was like a small crowd of nonJapanese people. A few of the regular students were watching, pointing, and giggling. She sorta backed away from the crowd, and listened. Soon, a couple more people joined in the crowd, and a few asked about the book Hal was reading. Really, Alexandra didn't care much, for she preferred writing rather than reading. She closed her eyes and tried to relax

Well, that was until the girl tripped over her. She was smaller than Alexandra, definately, and looked way different. Alexandra looked down, and to her surprise, noticed her shoelaces were untied. She mentally facepalmed. The girl got up and yelled in Japanese, "Damn! Tie your shoelaces up, idiot!" Alexandra's face flushed with embarrassment and she quickly tied her shoes. Soon after, the girl asked if she knew Japanese.

"Yes I do. I'm so sorry, I didn't notice," she said hastily in English, her accent really showing, until she stopped. She closed her eyes, shook her head, and started over. "I am sorry for not tying my shoes. All of this is quite overwhelming. My name is Alexandra Shirley." She held out her hand to shake. Alexandra didn't want to make any enemies, yet.