• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
tsubasa

If I were to put an estimation on the number of volumes Tsubasa Chronicles will have, I'd put that number around 25 to 30.
That's good, in a way, because it means you have lots to look forward too. But in a way it's not because you have to buy more... I mean, I try to check them out from the library as often as I can to save money, but the library has huge gaps in their manga collections. :( Gaaah!

I think there will be 32 mangas and then maybe another series clled something else because maybe Tsubasa (wings in japanese) covers all the feathers and then maybe another series will be all about them trying to defeat Fei Reed

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
I think they'd finish finding Sakura's feathers, then they'd spend a few volumes defeating Fei Reed. But I don't think they'd have a whole seperate series for that.

By the way... according to Amazon.com, volume 10 in English comes out on July 25.

Last edited:
It's alright, but nothing to be considered top 20 material. I personally prefer xxxHolic over it.

X

XxBlackRosexX

Oh I LOVE Tsubasa!!!
Right now I'm on episode 36...but i cant seem to find the rest, but oh well..
i dont seem to have any fav charaters rite now...though..but it is AWSOME!!!!

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
The last time I heard, CLAMP was going to release another 9 volumes of Tsubasa. Originally they had intended for it go up to 12 volumes, but due to popularity, they will continue the story. This, of course, means that XXXholic will continue as well.

I, too, prefer XXXholic. Volume 9 of XXXholic was released last week in Japan.

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
xxxholic & tsubasa

I've tried xxxHolic, and I think that some of the ideas are cool (words can bind, you have to do things for your own sake, etc.). Yuko is a really funny charcter, being playful one moment and dark and all-knowing the next. I still prefer Tsubasa, though. :)

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
XXXholic takes a lot more maturity to comprehend. I would suggest reading it once you have a bit more life experience.

In that aspect, it's similiar to Evangelion. With a little more life experience, the message is quite powerful.

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
You're probably right. :) Part of it could be preference, too.
It kind of makes me wonder, though... why did CLAMP crossover a more serious manga with an obvious crowd-pleaser (what with Syaoran and Sakura and all the other reused characters) like Tsubasa? I think Tsubasa, and xxxHolic, for that matter, would have been fine on their own. And they really don't have much in common...

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
I was watching some of my CCS dubs and even in CCS, Syoaran mentions the "Space-Time Witch" while dreaming one night. Kinda interesting that this character was mentioned back in CCS(which aired from 1999-2002). I wonder if Tsubasa and XXXholic were already in the works.....

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
Wow, that's kind of odd but a really cool piece of trivia. :) Judging from that, I'd bet CLAMP was already brainstorming Tsubasa/xxxHolic at the time.

S

Shadow_Blaziken

Cutiebunny said:
XXXholic takes a lot more maturity to comprehend. I would suggest reading it once you have a bit more life experience.
Yeah.I'm only 11 but it's for 13 but I like it. It's really good. ^^ I like the anime too but the anime's too creepy but I like the manga better.That's what I think.What do you guys think?

.::Lynee::.

~*~ Scarlet Eyes ~*~
One of the best manga I've read. The latest volume in my country is 13 ^^

Well, some scenes make me feel warm and some story make me feel emotional : Yasha & Atula :x

Burning Effigy

A Hollow Being
This is my second favorite series and I have all 10 English manga.
P.S. Sakura is so cute on the covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.