• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tuesday: Pokémon Bank European Launch + X & Y - Game Sync

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder if the extension of the free trial means that the US will get it Feb 13 or 14th?

giving it to a few regions rather than a single country (North America) was better overall

North America is three countries though.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
I can't connect to the servers, but I got it.

Stefan21

French IV Breeder
Europeans can help North American to wait. You can send your Pokémon on their B/W/B2/W2 version, they will transfer them to X/Y. And then send them back.

are you frakking kidding me? at this point i dont even want it anymore. if they cant get their crap together and release this in america then dont bother releasing it ever

Oh boo hoo, you're gonna get it a little later.
You know we people in the PAL region had to wait for months and months in the past when something got released in the US till we got it, right? If we even got it all together.

Besides, there's much more EU and AUS people on these forums that Japanese, so there's loads of people you can ask to transfer some of your pokemon if you really can't wait.

I think they're doing this to put less strain on the servers. I transferred my pokemon yesterday and there wasn't a single hiccup, it all went smoothly. I think that of they'd release it everywhere at the same time, it'd go really slow and there would be more errors.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, while I know there was a more practical reason behind this, I feel that Europe deserves having Pokémon Bank first more than we do since many of the European members I know have been more patient and understanding about this whole thing than most of us here in America have been.

Besides, we've waited long enough, a little while longer won't be that bad

Reactions: LLR

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Honestly, while I know there was a more practical reason behind this, I feel that Europe deserves having Pokémon Bank first more than we do since many of the European members I know have been more patient and understanding about this whole thing than most of us here in America have been.

That kind of goes against what Masuda said about giving people enough time to prepare their teams with the rest of the world, though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

See here's the thing, it feels like an arbitrary thing to feel like Europe deserves it more. People from both regions complained about it a lot, and it doesn't seem fair to simply say that Europe was more patient and understanding about it since we don't know that for sure. A lot of it probably escalated when people found out North America was left out, so especially now, it feels like North America is acting more "spoiled" about it. A fair degree of Europeans aren't being very humble or mature about it being out there first themselves (no, I'm not referring to anything on Serebii, as far as I can tell), which is at least just as bad as these "Nintendo hates the US" comments. If these roles were reversed, you bet that the situation would be completely opposite to what we have now.

EDIT: aaand, now this comment is less relevant.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
See here's the thing, it feels like an arbitrary thing to feel like Europe deserves it more. People from both regions complained about it a lot, and it doesn't seem fair to simply say that Europe was more patient and understanding about it since we don't know that for sure. A lot of it probably escalated when people found out North America was left out, so especially now, it feels like North America is acting more "spoiled" about it. A fair degree of Europeans aren't being very humble or mature about it being out there first themselves (no, I'm not referring to anything on Serebii, as far as I can tell), which is at least just as bad as these "Nintendo hates the US" comments. If these roles were reversed, you bet that the situation would be completely opposite to what we have now.

EDIT: aaand, now this comment is less relevant.
Understandable. I felt this way from personal experience since many of the European members on both Serebii & Pokécharms were more patient while most of the American members were the ones complaining (including me)

BTW, how is this less relevant?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Understandable. I felt this way from personal experience since many of the European members on both Serebii & Pokécharms were more patient while most of the American members were the ones complaining (including me)

BTW, how is this less relevant?

Well, the fact that the Bank is out makes my previous post a bit less relevant, though I suppose not by much. Either way, the fact that we can finally put this thing to rest is what matters most to me.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well, the fact that the Bank is out makes my previous post a bit less relevant, though I suppose not by much. Either way, the fact that we can finally put this thing to rest is what matters most to me.
You mean less relevant because it was just released in Europe?

ebevan91

Awesome, now completing the Pokedex will be SUPER EASY.

I already had most of the Dex filled in White 2 lol, and I'm sure I can transfer stuff I'm missing from 4th gen.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
There is a warning about being banned from bank for trying to hacked pokemon...

I have some pokemon that were traded to me...that I don't know about will I be banned if I try to transport them?

There is a warning about being banned from bank for trying to hacked pokemon...

I have some pokemon that were traded to me...that I don't know about will I be banned if I try to transport them?

Don't worry, apparently my Dusknoir I got in a trade in gen 4 was hacked (PBR didn't detect it back then).
All that happened was that they said that my Duskoir was unable to be transferred and it just didn't transfer, it stayed in my gen 5 game while the other pokemon in that box got transferred, that's all.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Don't worry, apparently my Dusknoir I got in a trade in gen 4 was hacked (PBR didn't detect it back then).
All that happened was that they said that my Duskoir was unable to be transferred and it just didn't transfer, it stayed in my gen 5 game while the other pokemon in that box got transferred, that's all.

I also had a dusknoir unable to transfer, but I caught and evolved it myself. I'm not sure why it couldn't go through. I also had a togekiss that didn't make it.

bailey.ga

Apparently my Lugia was hacked, could not transfer it to my Y :(

LLR

Vivillon Trader

I asked their support about that this is their response:

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hey

Pokémon that have issues will not be allowed to be transferred. However, at this time, accounts cannot be banned or reprimanded for attempting this.

In short: you shouldn't need to worry, Pokémon that are not OK will not be able to be sent through the Transporter, but there should be no issues with your account.

Thank you,

-Pokémon Support

I asked their support about that this is their response:

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hey

Pokémon that have issues will not be allowed to be transferred. However, at this time, accounts cannot be banned or reprimanded for attempting this.

In short: you shouldn't need to worry, Pokémon that are not OK will not be able to be sent through the Transporter, but there should be no issues with your account.

Thank you,

-Pokémon Support

How did you get in touch with heir support team? I have been receiving error code 006-0112 since yesterday in Pokemon Bank and it is preventing me to use it at all.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm a little confused about how Bank decides which Pokémon are ok to transfer and which ones aren't. I have no idea why my Dusknoir and Togekiss were unable to be transferred. The Togekiss was hatched from an egg that Champion Cynthia gave me and the Dusknoir was caught on route 209 as a Duskull and evolved, both from my Platinum. I decided to evolve an extra Togetic I had and I used the nontransferable Dusknoir to hatch a new Duskull and evolve it all the way up to another Dusknoir and those two don't have a problem transferring.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, I decided to dust off my action replay. I've got a bunch of codes that alter your Pokemon when you mark it on the PC. I took a Ditto that I caught in a hidden grotto and made 6 clones of it. Clone 1 I left as is. Clone 2 got maxed IVs. Clone 3 turned shiny. Clone 4 got a nature change. Clone 5 got the pokerus. Clone 6 got maxed IVs, turned shiny, got Pokerus and got the nature change. All 6 of them were able to be transferred into Bank (Don't worry, I didn't go through with the transfer), but that original Dusknoir, who was also sitting in the box with the 6 Ditto clones, was still not able to go through. I don't know what that filter is looking for but it clearly isn't looking in the right place. I'm actually pretty irritated by this.

Edit 2: Also, I just found out that if you change the group your boxes are in and then move them back to the first group, it doesn't put them back in the original order. My boxes were starting from 27 and ending with "98, 100, 25, 26, 99, Transport Box" in that order (boxes 1-24 are in Group 2, now titled 'National Dex'). I managed to get the order to go "27, 28, ..., 98, 99, 100, 25, 26, Transport Box" by moving those last 3 and putting them back in Group 1 in order, but there is no way to get 25 and 26 back at the front without either renaming all of the boxes or moving all of the boxes and moving them back in order. And it's not like it's easy to move a lot of boxes at the same time. Every time you register a box to a different group, it jumps you to that group and you have to switch groups to register the next box. That is a real OCD mess and I'm afraid I may eventually go through and renumber all 76 boxes. But when I say it like that it sounds like too much work and now I don't care enough to do it.

Last edited: