• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tuesday: Pokémon CoroCoro Reveal - New Pokémon Magiana

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

More...

boisechris

The Strategist
I can almost guarantee you this isn't a gen six Pokémon. They never release Pokémon for the current gen after the first two games of already been released.

Still pretty awesome though.

Last edited:

boisechris

The Strategist
Very interesting. Have to wait and see if it is a confirmed gen 7.

They do this all the time. Remember Lucario and the Mystery of Mew? That was before gen 4 came out. It's just the way they do things.

[Edit]

As for typing, I'd say steel and fairy are good candidates, though, they might throw us a curveball and give us the Light typing that some of us have been asking for for half a decade.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

As for typing, I'd say steel and fairy are good candidates, though, they might throw us a curveball and give us the Light typing that some of us have been asking for for half a decade.

Why would they make a light type when A)All the pokemon that would fall under it just became Fairy type, and B)The type balance of the games is probably better than it's ever been and anything more would just be overkill for new players?

So can anyone explain if the new Pokemon will be in Generation 7 or Pokemon Z?

Serebii pointed out that we knew about a lot of Gen. 4 Pokemon before Emerald was released, so I imagine we'll get the same sort of tease coming up.

Volcanion + Magiana movie this summer, a couple of baby Pokemon/evolutions in the fall, and a new game announcement next winter.

But going back to the thing about Gen. 4, back then we saw Bonsly semi-playable in XD and Munchlax had a bit of a role in both XD and Mystery Dungeon. So, do you all think we could see Magiana in something later this year, like Pokken, just to hype us up? They've already done it with Zygarde's forms and Ash-Greninja in Pokemon Picross, so I wouldn't be surprised.

boisechris

The Strategist
Serebii pointed out that we knew about a lot of Gen. 4 Pokemon before Emerald was released, so I imagine we'll get the same sort of tease coming up.

Volcanion + Magiana movie this summer, a couple of baby Pokemon/evolutions in the fall, and a new game announcement next winter.

But going back to the thing about Gen. 4, back then we saw Bonsly semi-playable in XD and Munchlax had a bit of a role in both XD and Mystery Dungeon. So, do you all think we could see Magiana in something later this year, like Pokken, just to hype us up? They've already done it with Zygarde's forms and Ash-Greninja in Pokemon Picross, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Here's a list of all the times that kind of thing happened.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Caciulacdlac/Pok%C3%A9mon_that_appeared_before_their_generation

I'm almost positive that this is the case, Pokémon is known for their OCD-esque nature. They have patterns that they have always followed and I don't see any reason that they'd change now, I mean, you don't become the second best selling video game franchise of all time and then suddenly and abruptly change the recipe that's been working for you for 20 years(damn well I might add).