• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Turkey Meat+Nosepass= maggots in strange places

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue cheez

I wanted to add my favorite pokemon Leafeon to the mix. It's a pretty simple idea.

Last time I posted on serebii i got no responses, but I'm hoping that someone in the very large pool of people here who are much smarter than me could help. thanks!

;470; Leafeon @ Leftovers
Jolly 132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Spe
~ Leaf Blade
~ Baton Pass
~ Swords Dance
~ Roar
Lead. Roar hazers, set up for swords dance baton pass to Rhyperior or Scizor. I like using leafeon in particular because of the abundance of ground types and earthquake. I'm pretty confident leafeon can take a hit to set up for the pass.

;464; Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant 132 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SpD / 168 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Stealth Rock
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
The sweeper of the team. It's nice to get a swords dance from Leafeon, but lack of speed will just force me to switch him out when they swap for someone with strong spA. Considering changing substitute for rock polish.

;212; Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch (Once i get plat. I'm switching. I have Quick Attack atm)
~ Brick Break
~ X-Scissor
Swords Dance to bulletpunch is always nice, but it seems a little redundant when swords dance is already there. Any thoughts?

;350; Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Sleep Talk
~Rest
Special wall. Milotic will mainly switch out when a special sweeper is used against rhyperior. Also Milotic is there to help out against scizors major weakness to fire. Rhyperior and Jolteon will switch in if zapdos is sent out to counter her.

;468; Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
~Air Slash
~Aura Sphere
~Thunder Wave
~Roost
Another wall. Togekiss is mainly in here to fight against grass and special counters to rhyperior. I like togekiss alot because she can power her way through alot of walls with air slash. Just like milotic, rhyperior and Jolteon will switch in if zapdos is sent out to counter her.

;135; Jolteon @Leftovers
Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Baton Pass
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
So I trained this Jolteon, and finally obtained one with HP ice, but unfortunately his IVs arent very good. I'm not entirely sure I'll use him or switch him for another poke on this team. He is an alternative lead for the team. Currently though he's for revenge killing, and for baton passing a substitute to another sweeper. Also I'm hoping to switch him in when using togekiss and milotic to get a volt absorb.

These pokemon are already trained as a team, but I'm open to hear ANY criticism, comments or suggestions.

Also if you have any suggestions like: "Your team will get owned by *insert OU pokemon name here*" feel free to post!

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
These pokemon are already made, so i'm really not looking for a change in nature and extreme revamps, I'd like to know what my weaknesses are, and how to counter them.

Also if you have any suggestions like: "Your team will get owned by *insert OU pokemon name here*" feel free to post!

Any thoughts?

Just a warning, but if you are not open to change, your thread will be locked.

Oh, and some of those descriptions are lacking. They need to be in-depth.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
This team is very standered. All your sets are Smogon. People like originality. I really don't get where you are going with RestTalk Milotic, it getting recover and an ability that ups it's stats when you are statused. SD on Scizor is not redundant, and Lefeon being as fail as it is will most likely not have a chance to pass to Scizor anyway. Defenately go Rock Polish > Sub on Rhyperior. I lol at aura sphere being for Chansey. I beleave it's called Blissey and Aura Sphere will not even dent Blissey.

I think I see where you were going with this. You picked 3 Physical attackers and 3 special attackers and called it a team.

blue cheez

ok, yes I'm new at this. I would love to be original, but im not sure how...

Keep in mind, that you just told me that the only original thing about my build (being leafeon) is fail and everything else is fine. I don't see this exactly as encouraging originality.

Rhys29

Encore
In conclusion, original doesn't necessarily = good. Leafeon is a TERRIBLE lead. Low Sp.D, weakness to Fire and Ice (not to mention it's in trouble against the frail as hell Ninjask), and he's a low speed baton passer. This will just make most leads laugh at you, being OHKO'd by Azelf, Gengar, LeadApe, and Zapdos, 3 of which have resistance to your only attack. Taunt leads will literally make him pointless. A poor choice for a lead.

I have to agree that this is a bland team and completely Smogonized. Smogon does an alright job, however they still do need some work with their EV's which are mediocre at best on most sets. Rhyperior is really only going to help you in an SS team where it's crappy Sp.D is going to get a small boost, and has a x4 weakness to Grass and Water, which are on just about every team in OU. And giving Stealth Rock to a sweeper? Pointless IMO.

Quick question: what was the point of putting Baton Pass on Jolteon? Are you going to send it Swords Dance from Leafeon to power up its two special moves? Or are you just choosing a really bad Sub/Pass user for variety? It literally has no point.

You mention that Togekiss will be there to handle Grass types. What, Celebi? That's it. The next poke down the line is Breloom, which will not be switching in on you without a specific reason (ex: sleep you with Spore). He is there for Para support and to abuse Para/Flinch.

Oh yeah, and where's your physical wall? Surely you don't think Rhyperior with those EV's can serve as one effectively. Also having extremely overused attack type weaknesses will not help him.

You do, I have to say, cover your weaknesses up to an extent. However this team has little to no strategy with lots of poor choices.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
Originality and competitive battling do not go hand in hand with each other.

I beg to disagree. Originality CAN be good enough for competitive battles, especially if you know what you are doing with your team.

However, like Rhys also said, originality is not necessarily good, but that applies only sometimes, especially when your team is not built so well and when there is no synergy.

It's great to see teams that look different. Personally, I think the "lesser used are better to use", and I try to follow that when I make my team. ^^

@blue cheez,
RHys is right about Leafeon though. Poor choice for a lead. If you really want to use a Leafeon though, you have to give it another role and you need to put in a different lead.
RHyperior, in my opinion, is only good as an attacker in trick room teams. You might want to so something about him or replace him.

Reno

so adorable...
I have to agree that this is a bland team and completely Smogonized. Smogon does an alright job, however they still do need some work with their EV's which are mediocre at best on most sets.

Care to suggest better EV's? There is a Contributions and Corrections forum at Smogon.

Originality is very effective when well done. (see: RestalkGarchomp and other cool Pokemon)

No synergy, seems like 6 random Pokemon thrown together. The main strategy is also completely flawed and very stoppable.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I agree with Reno. Some changes should be made. Let's start with putting Jolteon as a lead. Leafeon is horrible with all of the Fire Type/Fire using Leads. Also wanted to tell you that you are MixApe weak. So, we need Leafeon to move low, and take a Choice Band or Life Orb set, so it can function as a Physical Sweeper. Then, take out Rhyperior, and put in Starmie. You can use a set like this:

Starmie@Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Natured
4 HP/252 Sp.Atck/252 Speed
~Grass Knot/Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Surf/Hydro Pump
~Recover

That might reduce the risk of getting swept just a little bit, but you need to rework the team quite a bit.

Zbynek

hmm Can someone tell me how can be his Rhyperior a phys sweeper that´s Adamant, don´t even have Rock Polish ? and only 168 EVs in speed
I rly want to see how this Ryhperior sweeps opponents whole team :D
maybe that this can sweep through TR team that forgot to set up Trick Room :D

parasectdude

Wants name change
If you know that your Jolteon has bad IVs, then I'd decide against using Hidden Power. Chances are that it hasn't got a good base power and acceptable replacements like Shadow Ball would do more damage in general. Besides that, breed a new Jolteon if you want to keep HP Ice.

blue cheez

alright, thanks for the comments everyone! few questions though:

so leafeon's current set is terrible, I got that, any suggestions to changing his moveset? or should i really just dump him?
rhyperior, i should probably swap out for starmie. if i dont he needs at least rock polish-i should switch stealth rock for something else, and maybe trick room.
jolteon should be my lead, but i should get rid of the sub-pass, and maybe just make it choice specs or wish support?

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
alright, thanks for the comments everyone! few questions though:

so leafeon's current set is terrible, I got that, any suggestions to changing his moveset? or should i really just dump him?
rhyperior, i should probably swap out for starmie. if i dont he needs at least rock polish-i should switch stealth rock for something else, and maybe trick room.
jolteon should be my lead, but i should get rid of the sub-pass, and maybe just make it choice specs or wish support?

OK, Leafeon can use this:

Leafeon@Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Natured
4 HP/252 Atck/252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Leaf Blade
~Return
~X-Scissor/Synthesis/Quick Attack

Just SD and sweep. Leaf Blade for obvious Stab, Return for a good attacking move, and the last slot is up to you. If you want to hit Grass Types that you otherwise wouldn't really do anything to, then X-Scissor is your attack. This also works with Curse Umbreons... Synthesis is for recovering Life Orb recoil, and Quick Attack for priority.

Rhyperior switch out with Starmie...

For Jolteon you want to keep the set you have, it's the only one that can make your team click.

Rhys29

Encore
Leafeon is weak to Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, and Poison while resisting Grass, Water, Electric, and Ground, there are few reasons to use a Grass type. It may be able to switch into some of these attacks, however many if not all of these types are usually paired with one of your weaknesses and Leafeon counters are easy to come by (Skarmory, Dusknoir, Forretress). Now, if you are still looking for someone to pass Swords Dance to your team, I would suggest Gliscor, especially since you are essentially giving up your only T-Tar counter (Rhyperior).

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish, Sand Veil/Hyper Cutter
244 Hp, 72 Spe, 176 Def, 16 Att
~Baton Pass
~Swords Dance
~Ice Fang/Fire Fang
~Earthquake

If you feel you need more defenses for him, throw the 16 Att EV's into Def. This will let you outrun Jolly T-Tar so he can act as an effective counter. You can either go Ice Fang for effective coverage or Fire Fang since I have noticed you also do not have a reliable Scizor counter and this would solve that as well.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Leafeon is weak to Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, and Poison while resisting Grass, Water, Electric, and Ground, there are few reasons to use a Grass type. It may be able to switch into some of these attacks, however many if not all of these types are usually paired with one of your weaknesses and Leafeon counters are easy to come by (Skarmory, Dusknoir, Forretress). Now, if you are still looking for someone to pass Swords Dance to your team, I would suggest Gliscor, especially since you are essentially giving up your only T-Tar counter (Rhyperior).

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish, Sand Veil/Hyper Cutter
244 Hp, 72 Spe, 176/192 Def,

No, if this is for the Platinum metagame, which I think it is, Gliscor would do you no good. Gliscor's usability has been going down the drain with all of the Pokemon getting new Ice type toys to play with. Luke has been seen more often with HP Ice, you usually are fainted before you can tell what variant the Luke is. And since when is Rhyperior a T-Tar counter. He'll have no problems with T-Tar, he's got a Bold Milotic anyways, also, Leafeon is faster than T-Tar IIRC. Also, Gliscor is not a Scizor counter, Zappy is...

Rhys29

Encore
If you're thinking Milotic is a counter, you're mistaken, especially with this one. Not only is it 2HKO'd by Stone Edge and possibly Crunch (defense drop) but it is also outrun by every form of offensive T-Tar. If something is 2HKO'd, I believe it is not a counter by definition. The reason Rhyperior was a counter in some ways was because it has tons of Hp, lots of Defense, and a way to reduce damage from most if not all of T-Tar's moves (resistance, Solid Rock). Oh, and Leafeon can't OHKO with Adamant, 252 Att, STAB SE Leaf Blade while T-Tar can 2HKO with any of it's moves, so it is not a counter either. Btw, the only moves getting added that are really Ice type are Ice Punch and Icy Wind. And HP-Luke had HP-Ice the whole time. If he knows it's a physical set, Gliscor; if it's a Specs set, Milotic/Togekiss.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
If you're thinking Milotic is a counter, you're mistaken, especially with this one. Not only is it 2HKO'd by Stone Edge and possibly Crunch (defense drop) but it is also outrun by every form of offensive T-Tar. If something is 2HKO'd, I believe it is not a counter by definition. The reason Rhyperior was a counter in some ways was because it has tons of Hp, lots of Defense, and a way to reduce damage from most if not all of T-Tar's moves (resistance, Solid Rock). Oh, and Leafeon can't OHKO with Adamant, 252 Att, STAB SE Leaf Blade while T-Tar can 2HKO with any of it's moves, so it is not a counter either. Btw, the only moves getting added that are really Ice type are Ice Punch and Icy Wind. And HP-Luke had HP-Ice the whole time. If he knows it's a physical set, Gliscor; if it's a Specs set, Milotic/Togekiss.

Come again?? If you didn't know, Milotic is a physical wall, not a special wall. Also, MixLuke is coming into fashion nowadays, so you can't rely on Glisc to do anything... Anyways, lemme do some calculations...

OK, looks like you're correct, but still, we can actually put Zapdos instead of Gliscor, it's more sturdy.

Hmmm, his Milotic set is off. You want Bold nature... Anyways, because you switched Leafeon and Jolteon and took Rhyperior out, you should put in Starmie, it can handle all of your weaknesses quite well.

Last edited:

Rhys29

Encore
... Milotic is not a physical wall, you are sorely mistaken. Some consider it to be if you can get a status on it, but that is a little more situational than most would like. Milotic is to counter Heatran on this team that's what it should be used as, so a special wall would serve much better. You are disregarding the option of a Lead T-Tar, which, once again, eat this team like I had said before. Also Milotic can't score a OHKO since T-Tar has Sand thrown up and can't outrun it, so once again it is NOT a T-Tar counter.

You are also wrong when you say Luke can handle Gliscor. First of all, Milotic can handle him to some extent, not an SD set though. However, if you think ANY good player in their right mind would switch a Luke into a Gliscor, you are once again mistaken. EQ and Fire Fang will keep just about any Luke from doing anything other than attempting a revenge kill. Luke itself can be solved if you just make Gliscor pass Agility which is actually what I would recommend at this point, seeing as this team is leaning more towards Sp.A at the moment and many of the pokes could definitely use the speed boost. And NO Luke would EVER switch in on an +2 Gliscor unless it is down to a very small fraction of health. VERY small. I also never said Gliscor is a good switch in on Luke. I don't know where you got that from.

There is no reason to put Zapdos in because it would 1) make the team even more T-Tar weak and 2) make the team more SR weak. Both would not help in the least. If anything he wants a Rotom-C so he can still cover some defenses while taking care of Swampert.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
... Milotic is not a physical wall, you are sorely mistaken. Some consider it to be if you can get a status on it, but that is a little more situational than most would like. Milotic is to counter Heatran on this team that's what it should be used as, so a special wall would serve much better. You are disregarding the option of a Lead T-Tar, which, once again, eat this team like I had said before. Also Milotic can't score a OHKO since T-Tar has Sand thrown up and can't outrun it, so once again it is NOT a T-Tar counter.

You are also wrong when you say Luke can handle Gliscor. First of all, Milotic can handle him to some extent, not an SD set though. However, if you think ANY good player in their right mind would switch a Luke into a Gliscor, you are once again mistaken. EQ and Fire Fang will keep just about any Luke from doing anything other than attempting a revenge kill. Luke itself can be solved if you just make Gliscor pass Agility which is actually what I would recommend at this point, seeing as this team is leaning more towards Sp.A at the moment and many of the pokes could definitely use the speed boost. And NO Luke would EVER switch in on an +2 Gliscor unless it is down to a very small fraction of health. VERY small. I also never said Gliscor is a good switch in on Luke. I don't know where you got that from.

There is no reason to put Zapdos in because it would 1) make the team even more T-Tar weak and 2) make the team more SR weak. Both would not help in the least. If anything he wants a Rotom-C so he can still cover some defenses while taking care of Swampert.
OK, I said you proved me wrong, what do you want, a bouquet of flowers?? I never said Luke would switch in on Gliscor either... Anyways, if you had eyes, you would notice Scizor and I've never seen a T-Tar do anything to a Scizor before...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.