• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Turkey Meat+Nosepass= maggots in strange places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys29

Encore
Sorry, didn't know you had said that, plus it's good to show your calcs so those who want to learn can see how much + what it does, since most of Serebii is new.

You are also making a mistake that I had to train myself very hard to get over: Revenge Kill DOES NOT = Counter. This means Scizor cannot switch in to counter a T-Tar since it takes heavy damage from all but Crunch. Also, several T-Tar sets carry Flamethrower or Fire Blast so they can drill right through Skarmory and Bronzong. A Scizor switching in only forces a switch, and all you can do to it is score a tiny, pathetic Pursuit that will only dent it while they switch in their Scizor counter. It is hard to counter T-Tar, since it is really such a monster. A more reliable counter would be Hariyama or very bulky Fighters. Gliscor and Skarmory can really only do so much, since they take nuetral damage from Stone Edge while Swampert and Hippowdon have trouble with CB Crunch. If OP wants one of the most reliable T-Tar counters, WallIyama will serve him well.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Sorry, didn't know you had said that, plus it's good to show your calcs so those who want to learn can see how much + what it does, since most of Serebii is new.

You are also making a mistake that I had to train myself very hard to get over: Revenge Kill DOES NOT = Counter. This means Scizor cannot switch in to counter a T-Tar since it takes heavy damage from all but Crunch. Also, several T-Tar sets carry Flamethrower or Fire Blast so they can drill right through Skarmory and Bronzong. A Scizor switching in only forces a switch, and all you can do to it is score a tiny, pathetic Pursuit that will only dent it while they switch in their Scizor counter. It is hard to counter T-Tar, since it is really such a monster. A more reliable counter would be Hariyama or very bulky Fighters. Gliscor and Skarmory can really only do so much, since they take nuetral damage from Stone Edge while Swampert and Hippowdon have trouble with CB Crunch. If OP wants one of the most reliable T-Tar counters, WallIyama will serve him well.
Yes, sorry, I meant Revenge Killer, not Counter, I keep forgetting the word Revenge Killer. Sorry, for confusion:(. Anyways, it's good to see you rate now, that lurking around helped:).

blue cheez

ok, as suggestions, im hearing switching rhyperior for starmie,

So i was suggested to switch leafeon's SD baton pass moveset to a sweeping set with leafblade. This is strange though, because I was told actually the opposite a while back, that leafeon is only good as a SD passer and couldnt sweep in OU. But by the sound of it, leafeon is starting to seem pretty pointless. It really cant hold at all against Ttar? (maybe I should call it quits for my favorite pokemon, and switch to heatran to help out scizor or celebi for grass knot?)

Speaking of Ttar, I'm hearing a lot about switching rhyperior to starmie, but now im hearing to change to wallyama. If I use wallyama to counter Ttar, how would I stand against infernape?

So should I switch rhyperior for starmie to cover my general weaknesses, or should I use the bulky fighter for Ttar?

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
ok, as suggestions, im hearing switching rhyperior for starmie,

So i was suggested to switch leafeon's SD baton pass moveset to a sweeping set with leafblade. This is strange though, because I was told actually the opposite a while back, that leafeon is only good as a SD passer and couldnt sweep in OU. But by the sound of it, leafeon is starting to seem pretty pointless. It really cant hold at all against Ttar? (maybe I should call it quits for my favorite pokemon, and switch to heatran to help out scizor or celebi for grass knot?)

Speaking of Ttar, I'm hearing a lot about switching rhyperior to starmie, but now im hearing to change to wallyama. If I use wallyama to counter Ttar, how would I stand against infernape?

So should I switch rhyperior for starmie to cover my general weaknesses, or should I use the bulky fighter for Ttar?

Put in the Starmie if you'd like, then take out Leafeon for Hariyama and I think you should be fine. Let me take a look a team balancing though, and I'll edit in...

EDIT: Looks like the team should be fine, now you need to test it.

Last edited:

blue cheez

alright, thanks.I'll get started training Hirayama! I guess thats it for leafeon :(, I guess I'll just make a UU team for him.

Oh, do you know what set i should use for Hirayama?

Rhys29

Encore
WallIyama@Leftovers
Impish, Thick Fat
204 Hp, 216 Def, 88 Att
~Rest/Bulk Up
~Sleep Talk/Stone Edge
~Force Palm
~Whirlwind

This is a basic WallIyama. You can run it with more offense, but that wouldn't be wise since you NEED a reliable T-Tar counter. I would suggest you even run it with more Def if you feel you need it to 100% take the heavy hits. This should do you well in tests. If you find you need more Hp recovery, go RstTlk set. If you find he is doing fine against T-Tar and other physical sweepers, go with Bulk Up so he can tank like a mofo. Remember that he is the main candidate to switch in on physical Fire and Ice attacks since you should be making you Milotic more Sp.D than Def now. I would say this EV set could work, I ran it by Blue Ace.

212 Hp, 60 Sp.A, 60 Def, 176 Sp.D

Will never fail to OHKO Salamence with 80 Hp EV's invested with Ice Beam. However, I am actually stuck between WallIyama and Swampert right now...

pokemonmaster8

Blowing your mind
Not bad, but Battle Fronteir taught me to be wary of having 2 pkmn w/ the same item. Try this.

Leafeon @ Miracle Seed
Jolly 132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Spe
~ Leaf Blade
~ Baton Pass
~ Swords Dance
~ Toxic

1. Poison foe
2. Swords Dance (2x)
3. Baton Pass

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant 132 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SpD / 168 Spe
~ Substitute