• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Turning Over A New Bayleef! (202)

Joshehh

'Is Bayleef doing what I think it's doing'

Anyway, this was a sweet episode. It had some emotion, which was nice to see, rather than the plaid usual Ash. Plus, Bayleef was cute, especially her little thought-cloud thing, and then her little shake. Yep, I liked this episode :D

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I love this episode one of my favourites, felt so sorry for Bayleef glad there was a happy ending though :) as Bayleef belongs with him.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Although I love Bayleef in this episode, I don't like how Ash acts like such a jerk toward her in the beginning of the episode. He really overreacted in his treatment of her. It kind of disturbs me in the end, too, when you see how nervous she is about approaching Ash again. Otherwise the episode is good, but I can't stand how Ash acts in this episode.

Oh, I remember that ;-; I know what you mean. I didn't enjoy seeing that side of Ash, to be honest. But eventually things worked out, as Kijuna pointed out.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Ash really overreacted. But it's a really cute episode anyway. I love Bayleef.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
in this episode bayleef is still young like a growing dog who still has to learn it's sthrength, bayleef crosses the line and trouble starts coming it happens often.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I felt really sorry for Bayleef.

Instead of getting angry, Ash should have tried to explain to it.

Torpoleon

Yeah, I agree. Ash should have just explained everything to Bayleef. At least Chikorita evolved.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I can understand how Ash doesn't want Bayleef to tackle him everytime it tries to show affection. However, I think he was way too hard on Bayleef. Bayleef wasn't even charging towards him, it was just casually walking probably to help stop Totodile from dancing. I thought that it was sad to see Bayleef reject Ash when he finds it at the old lady's garden. I also thought that it was cute to see Bayleef play with Skiploom and Bellossom. I am glad Ash and Bayleef made up, because Ash could not afford to let another strong pokemon go.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see Bayleef's Body Slam. what a great move

But Ash suffered from this, poor....

and i loved to see Machoke. and all those grass type pokemon

7/10

firestar319

The Marauder
It was a good episode and all, but why did Ash gotta be so mean to Bayleef? After all, she was just showing her love for Ash...even if it was through tackling him...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
At least Bayleef learned Body Slam, which would come in handy later on in future Pokemon battles from the look of things. Bayleef was annoying, I'm not upset that Ash was being a little mean to it at all. Sometimes that's the only way someone will learn a lesson. Overall, almost Filler, but Bayleef's role saved this episode from such a fate. I didn't think much of it. 3/10.

Last edited:

JohnLee

At least Bayleef learned Body Slam, which would come in handy later on.

Bayleef was annoying, I'm not upset that Ash was being a little mean. Sometimes that's the only way someone will learn a lesson.

Overall, almost Filler. I didn't think much of it. 3/10

How was this almost a filler?! Bayleef evolved and learned a new move. Hardly a filler in my book. Body slam does come in handy later when Ash faces Chuck.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Yeah Ash was a bit too harsh on Bayleef, she didn't know her own strength and didn't need to be yelled at. Aleast Ash and Bayleef works it out later, Ash showed that he was sorry about it and tried saving her and the other Pokemon.

One of the best episodes. 10/10, if it was possible higher than 10/10.

Bayleef had no mean intentions and only wants to show her love to Ash.

It was odd, but nice to see Bayleef, normally a character who adores Ash being angry at him.

I've always felt sorry for Chikorita/Bayleef.

Bayleef really loves Ash. Also, the Whirl Islands episodes (Bayleef stayed with Prof. Oak for a while to make room for Kingler) showed it. Ash should've taken her to Hoenn and Sinnoh. Now we never see Bayleef, crying in Oaks laboratory waiting for Ash.

But Ash learned from this. But might Bayleef ever evolve into a Meganium (with Body Slam), how does Meganium have to hug/"love-tackle" Ash?

Milotic

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Ash was really mean to Bayleef and treated her in the wrong way for trying to show affection. I'm glad he finally realized what he did was wrong and they finally made things right in the end. Great to see Bayleef learn Body Slam.

30/100