• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Turning Over A New Bayleef! (202)

Champion Jared 14

This episode wasn't filler...It was right after Chikorita evolved, and it got character development as Bayleef between her and Ash. Ash was getting used to Bayleef's new power.

There were nice grass pokemon in this episode, and Machoke, and interesting dialogue between Misty and Brock for a change. Oh, and Bayleef learned a new attack in Body Slam. Great episode.

8/10

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This is one of my old favorites <3.

Any episode that featured/starred Chikorita/Bayleef was golden in my eyes.

Chikorita, like Oshawott having such a tight/cute bond with Ash is a nice contrast to his rivals like Paul.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Ash was so mean to Bayleef, I don't want to see that side of Ash again.
Touching episode at the end though.
He definatly was! On topic I liked how Brock was camparing Bayleaf to a human girl. After all the bond Between Pokemon and trainer can Trancend much grater lengths the what the writers will allow. Just use your imagination...

7threst

Well, I think the writers were smart to spend a episode on a Pokémon that just got evolved and giving it character development immediately. I do think that Ash was a little jerk-ish in this episode and he should have known already how Chikorita (or Bayleef now) was affectionate of him. But I do just like to see Bayleef - Ash's Johto Pokémon still rank highly in my favorite ones and especially Bayleef.

Blessed

A good episode, I started crying when Ash told Bayleef "Now get away from me & stay away from me!" because I knew it hurt Bayleef, it was crying too. Ash was too abrasive towards it imo. Then when Bayleef finally understood, Ash thought it was going to tackle him again when it wasn't even charging towards him, it was just walking casually. I'm glad he finally realized what he did was wrong and apologized by making things right in the end.

I think this episode made me like Bayleef a lot more. I didn't like how Ash yelled at her, he should have reminded that Chikorita did that all the time. But, after learning Body Slam like that, I guess all Pokemon can learn Body Slam then. xD

zhixun

I like this episode because there are plenty of twist and turns. Start from Satoshi telling Bayleaf off for her over reacted Tackle then he did not realise that will hurt her. The mecha Bayleaf is one of the best in the whole series and it was lucky that Satoshi did not get thrown out while Nyarth wanted to get rid of him.

Yeah, Ash was an a-hole toward Bayleef in the beginning of this episode.
When he says "now get away fro me and stay away fro me!" I thought "wow dude, harsh much!?"

Glad he admitted what he did was wrong and uncalled for at the end, and apologized to his poor Bayleef.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Bayleef getting some character development and learning Body Slam was great even tho she was annoying Ash in the beginning. I liked how Ash showed remorse for how he had treated her however. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If I was him, I would've still been pissed off at Bayleef. She was irritating when she tackled him and should've been reprimanded more...

In Bayleef's defense, she simply didn't realize that her size was causing her to hurt Ash. She just wasn't used to her own bulk yet cuz she had just recently evolved. ^^;

Bayleef's new strength made Ash miserable, so I understood why he snapped at her in this episode. This was a good episode for Bayleef however.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yikes. Ash was a bit too harsh on Bayleef: she didn't know her own strength and didn't need to be yelled at. At least Ash and Bayleef worked it out later. Ash showed that he was sorry about it and tried saving her and the other Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bayleaf hurting Satoshi and his other Pokemon with her sheer weight was a great subplot since it gave way to some much-needed Bayleaf development. Why she was so attached to Satoshi had always been something I wanted to know the answer to, and at least Satoshi did eventually apologize for snapping at her before.

Vipsoccermaster

Bayleaf hurting Satoshi and his other Pokemon with her sheer weight was a great subplot since it gave way to some much-needed Bayleaf development. Why she was so attached to Satoshi had always been something I wanted to know the answer to, and at least Satoshi did eventually apologize for snapping at her before.
I agree here, on all points. And like others said in the topic, Ash was being too hard on Bayleef...sure she just evolved, but Ash, chill out a bit, cut her some slack. At least they made it up at the end.

Ash, if there's something you don't like about a certain Pokémon's behavior, politely talk to it and be respectful. Then that Pokémon would understand, with no friendship/attachment lost. Don't be a jerk about it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I do wonder why Satoshi didn't simply train his Bayleaf here to make her less attached to him, although this might've been a case of Jouto syndrome where Satoshi just didn't want to train.

Daizy

I call you honey
Ash ends up learning a huge lesson about Bayleef's feelings when she refused to return to him, yet this is lesson he's not only already known but taught to younger trainers...