• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TV Shippings from more recent (1990s-present) shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
We have classic TV shippings, and also those from more recent shows.

Rules:

1. Follow all SPPf rules
2. Don't spam.
3. No one liners
4. Stay on topic
5. Non-married couples only

Some I like from more recent shows are Caroline/Richard from Caroline in the City, and I like Brian/Casey from Wings as well.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Since I don't watch a lot of TV, I don't really have any shippings that are a personal favorite of mine, let alone any discussions I can bring up, but I think it's pretty obvious that I adore Mulder/Scully. Hands down the best couple with the best sexual tension ever put on a TV series, unless someone wants to prove me wrong and bring up a couple who's just as good, but is loads better at it than Mulder and Scully. Far as I know, no one's been able to top them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Fry/Leela in Futurama. They've finally become a full couple after being on and off in past seasons. The last episode aired had them sleeping together.

Geodude

-Derek Morgan/Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds
-Spencer Reed/Jennifer Jureau from Criminal Minds (don't like the guy JJ actually ended up with in the show, sounds like he's drunk all the time)
-Jack/Sue from Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye
-William Murdoch/Julia Ogden from The Murdoch Mysteries

Yannick Bisson played/plays both Jack and William.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Another non-married shipping from Wings is Roy/Fay. Roy is the owner of Aeromass, and he's divorced. Fay is the ticket handler for Sandpiper, and had three husbands named George all of whom died. Sure there's a large age difference, but they seem to be a perfect match.

BlueDragonfangirl

Fry/Leela in Futurama. They've finally become a full couple after being on and off in past seasons. The last episode aired had them sleeping together.

I loved this pairing ever since the series first started, I found them to be soo cute boy am I glad they finally let them become a couple.

Piggy/Kermit from Muppets count? Muppet movie 2011 really dealt with the relationship and had me respect it and love it more than I did in the past Muppet films.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh yeah, Miss Piggy/Kermit. We can probably go ahead and count them, since the Muppets were still big in the 90s, even though it was mostly through movies. One of the most well-known interspecies romance there is. It might actually be the first, but I may be wrong about that. I always felt like the relationship developed way too fast, though, but that could be because I hadn't grown up with the Muppet Show and haven't been watching it until recently, where they do kinda show the growth of Miss Piggy's crush on Kermit.

Didn't they get married at one point? The recent movie had Kermit reflecting on half of a picture that looked to have been their wedding day (because Miss Piggy's in a wedding dress). How come that wasn't addressed? I didn't know they married (Muppet's Christmas Carol doesn't really count).

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh yeah, Miss Piggy/Kermit. We can probably go ahead and count them, since the Muppets were still big in the 90s, even though it was mostly through movies. One of the most well-known interspecies romance there is. It might actually be the first, but I may be wrong about that. I always felt like the relationship developed way too fast, though, but that could be because I hadn't grown up with the Muppet Show and haven't been watching it until recently, where they do kinda show the growth of Miss Piggy's crush on Kermit.

Didn't they get married at one point? The recent movie had Kermit reflecting on half of a picture that looked to have been their wedding day (because Miss Piggy's in a wedding dress). How come that wasn't addressed? I didn't know they married (Muppet's Christmas Carol doesn't really count).

Well, Muppet Takes Manhattan they got married but Miss Piggy kind of tricked Kermit into marrying him for real when it was supposed to be Fozzie who was going to be marrying them off in the musical, thats why in that one scene in pairs Kermit said he said some things he regretted and Piggy said he was only saying what he felt that he never meant to marry her in the first place which could verry well be true. She did kind of trick him, you'd have trouble saying no too if you got asked like that in front of millions of people watching. She also did kind of make things hard at times, even back in the Muppets series she would either get jealous or force the relationship on him dispite what he felt like spreading rumors about them such causing him to want to fire her in the the Muppets show. Deep down, I think as the films went on he was falling for her in reality and was addressed here. I used to not like Piggy/Kermit's relationship due to how Piggy would treat Kermit and his friends but the 2011 film really changed my view on not just her but the relationship too. You finally got that feeling that Kermit felt the same way for her and just had trouble with the romance part, speaking his heart yah know? I've been a Muppet fan for a while, my grandparents got me into it and I've been loving them since :p

I guess they would kind of count since they had the Muppets show and Muppets tonight even than both of those shows Piggy would show her love for Kermit, doing it wrong of course but still.

edit;

Quagmire/Lois? Creepy

A. Shes married to Peter {Who while is a jerk himself} Still married since she won't leave him.
B. Hes a horrible person even though he mocks Brian for all the things he did in the past when Quagmire is more of a freak than the dog is.

Awe well, I'm sure some liked the pairing too besides yourself. I'd rather pair Brian/Lois before Quagmire, at leat you know Brian loves her even though I don't like that pairing either.
Romance just doesn't work well in Family Guy, even the Peter/Lois relationship is screwed up.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I also like Becker/Linda, Becker/Margaret, Bob/Linda, Bob/Reggie, and Becker/Reggie from Becker, which stars Cheers veteran Ted Danson as John Becker.

....And nobody brings up Pam/Jim from The Office? For shame D: They were so cute together and the tension and hints and small moments between them were just so adorable. Before they became a couple, even though Pam was engaged with Roy, it was so obvious how much they liked/loved each other deep down. <3

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm starting to like Archie/Emma from Once Upon a Time as well.

Pyroli

Banned
Sherlock Holmes/John Watson - BBC Sherlock (OTP. OTP. OTP)
Dean Winchester/Castiel - Supernatural

Reasons:
Well, my reasons for Johnlock are mostly because the sexual tension between these two is UNBELIEVEABLE. Most of the episodes point to someone assuming that John is gay, or has a thing for Sherlock. Hell, in Scandal in Belgravia, John's girlfriend is; tall, dark haired, has a thing for nice jackets, and has nice cheekbones. I think that's an obvious cry for John's hidden lust for Sherlock. Also, they're CUTIES okay.

Dean and Castiel, is somewhat of the same thing. It's really been a ship of mine since the fifth season, when Cas gives Dean a speech on how important he is to the world and to him. They're just precious oh my god.

Status
Not open for further replies.