• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Twerp Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
How come all of the characters of the day except children are taller than the twerps?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not all of them are. A lot of them are the same height as Ash.

However I think you're talking about those Johto female COTD's. For some reason back in Johto, a lot of the female's were taller than even Brock.

I remember that Trixie girl with the Azumarill who Totodile fell in love with...that girl was huge. She was taller than Brock.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It's because the Character of the Day is usually an adult and Ash and co are children.

It's also because the anime in general has scaling issues and fluctuates between being land of the giants and munchkinland with both humans and Pokemon. As time went by they got a little better with scale so not every adult is twice as big as Ash.

Aurath8

It's because the Character of the Day is usually an adult and Ash and co are children.

It's also because the anime in general has scaling issues and fluctuates between being land of the giants and munchkinland with both humans and Pokemon. As time went by they got a little better with scale so not every adult is twice as big as Ash.

That brings back memories of Jasmine, the shape-shifter. At one point she was two inches taller than Ash but when she gave Ash his gym badge she was almost as tall as Brock.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Not all of them are. A lot of them are the same height as Ash.

However I think you're talking about those Johto female COTD's. For some reason back in Johto, a lot of the female's were taller than even Brock.

I remember that Trixie girl with the Azumarill who Totodile fell in love with...that girl was huge. She was taller than Brock.

Well I have been watching a lot of Johto recently, so I guess thats why I asked the OP.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I used to remember being confused at to whether or not Ash was getting old during the series, as in some episodes he'd be this tiny midget that was almost a foot smaller than misty, other times he'd almost be Brock's height.

I think the whole thing where women often were crazily tall was that the anime wanted to avoid portraying women as a weaker sex, as many (before you bite my head note that I didn't say all) anime movies/shows portray women as being extremely reliant on males. Since most people associate height with power, making women tall would instill the thought that they were powerful opponents not to be underestimated.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!

^This pretty much.

Brock's height always confuses me, there are times he is as tall as Jessie and James while other times he's a lot shorter than they are.

This whole scaling issue becomes worse when you see humongous Pokemon be shrunk to ridiculous heights. I think Grotle is one that has this problem, in one scene is huge while in the next is just a few inches higher than Pikachu.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Bumped topic that deals with a question that's pretty much answered already? Tsk tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.