• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (487)

dd1zzle

what attacks does Pachirisu know?

Aw. This episode made me grow a little more fond of Hikari. She was amazing in this. I just love how obsessed with her hair she is.

Anyways. Pachirisu is adorable. And I loved when all the other Pokemon were chasing it. It was great. xD And I felt bad for Hikari when she thought it didn't like her. Poor girl. D:

Very cute episode. : D Probably the best DP episode I've seen so far, besides Hikari's debut contest. <3

Having not seen the original Japanese version, my first thing said must be a question: Did Pachirisu keep it's Japanese voice? I mean, since its got the same name in Japan as it is in English and all...

they did indeed, i think at this point that it's pretty safe to assume that as far as the way PUSA is dubbing the show goes, is that any of the new pokemon that have a Japanese name that was either kept intact, or still pronounced exactly the same over here will likely keep their Japanese voice (although sadly pokemon like Electavire who have names that are very closely alike are not as guaranteed :(). however sad to say the fact that PUSA kept Pachirisu's voice was only one of the few redeeming things about the dub. in case some of you forgot, an episode or two ago i had stated that PUSA was greatly improving on the music, well i now sadly have to take that statement back, this episode had a total of 17 (it could be 16, i lost track at one point watching and may be off by 1) pieces in the Japanese version, but the dub sadly only kept 3 pieces throughout the episode (TR's motto tune, the ballad version of Dawn's/Hikari's theme, and at the very last piece in the episode at the end*), and thing is that lots of the other pieces were ones they had no reason to change (like the one that was used at the start of the episode, and the 2nd time it was used later in the episode), although i will admit that during the entire scene were Dawn was chasing after Pachirisu (the one were the vocal song "Kimi no Soba de" was used) that PUSA actually had a pretty cute (although rather long, being that it was the length of 3 different tracks plus silence in the Japanese version), and if they were to make a shorter version of it, i wouldn't mind them replacing the vocal version of "Kimi no Soba de" with this when ever used. none the less, even with that rather decent replacement, only 3 tracks kept is rather disappointing after having the last few episodes keeping so many intact! PUSA doesn't realize how lucky they are that most of the fans (not you guys, but a lot of the other pokemon fans) are either ignorant, or too young to notice!

*about the last piece of music that they kept, this is kind of an LOL moment here, because as we all have noticed by now, PUSA often will freeze frame the last second because the last track is replaced with something that's a few seconds longer, but this time they did leave that last piece intact, so they simply repeated the last 3 seconds of the track at the end so that they could freeze frame like always. this is kinda funny because for once hearing the piece at the end being kept made me think that for once PUSA was not going to add seconds to the end, and the fact that they went out of their way to add those seconds is just an LOL moment :p.

PamperedPersian1

Ashy Boy: Well, I didn't really pay attention, but I think it was the same as usual, right? Hold on, I check..... (elevator music over the phone)..... well I can't find anything, oh great, now it's gonna bother me all night....

Last edited:

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
*about the last piece of music that they kept, this is kind of an LOL moment here, because as we all have noticed by now, PUSA often will freeze frame the last second because the last track is replaced with something that's a few seconds longer, but this time they did leave that last piece intact, so they simply repeated the last 3 seconds of the track at the end so that they could freeze frame like always. this is kinda funny because for once hearing the piece at the end being kept made me think that for once PUSA was not going to add seconds to the end, and the fact that they went out of their way to add those seconds is just an LOL moment :p.

They probablly only extend the ending of each episode by three seconds so that they can match Cartoon Network's airing time. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be happening if Kids'WB! still had the series (due to shorter air time).

This episode was pretty interesting for my tastes. I like the parts when Dawn is trying to handle Pachirisu, and all it does is keep zapping her, making her hair frizzy in the process. I thought the scene where Dawn releases Pachirisu just because she didn't think she could handle it was a little unfair in my opinion. Good thing she sees the error of her ways. One thing's for sure; Dawn and Pachirisu really do go together (eventhough Pachirisu is very, very hyper).

Yay for Pachirisu keeping its original voice (and I only know this from seeing the commercial preview).

An alright episode at best for me. By releasing Pachirisu, Dawn became ever so much like Paul...
With it's blue electric attacks, I can't wait to see what Pachirisu will be doing in the contests.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
They got my hopes up sooooooooo much when Pachirisu almost went to Jessie and left Dawn to cry. I wanted her to have that Pokemon so much. (I cried for the first time watching Pokemon. They got my hopes up so high…that dropped them down hard!)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was good to see a Pachirisu for the first time. It was good to see Dawn catch Pachirisu. It was cool to see Discharge. Pachirisu was hilarious when he runs fast as well as when Dawn tried to return him back to the pokeball. Ash having to use all his pokemon to try to stop Pachirisu was pretty funny as well. I felt bad for Dawn when she released Pachirisu. It was funny when Pachirisu Discharged TR and took their food. Pachirisu was awesome cute in this episode.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
OMG, I laughed SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard at Dawn's scream when Pachrisu first shocked her, OMG it was hilarious.

Like..."BYAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Pearl's Perap

Slightly entertaining episode, I can see me liking Pachirisu quite a bit more than when it's design was first unveiled, it's playful nature and such could be a good combination with Dawn.

Though, I wish Jessie had gotten Pachirisu, the shocking would be far more entertaining on a per episode basis if it was with her, plus, I think they looked better together than Dawn and Pachi.

The gum part made me laugh, the odd positions they ended up in from standing up didn't cease to amaze me. And what was with the stuff that de-gummed them? Talk about sticking it in a potion bottle and changing the outside...cheapskates.

6/10

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
back b4 we knew her name was even sawn i wanted her 2 catch a Pachirisu, I'm so glad she did!

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
lol i loved the part when dawn's pachirisu got super hyper so the rest of the pokemon had to try to catch it.

I thought it was real hilarious when all of the gangs Pokemon chased after Pachirusu and failed. Lots of character devolpment for Dawn and that little squirrel is really cute. Lots of comedy in this one.

Rebeccag

lol pachirsu is mad but i like it i laughed when it shocked dawn and her hair went all messy dawn was better in this episode too

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
typical dawn episode *Blech!* Everyone knew Dawn would get pachirisu. It was about time for Jessie to finally get a pokemon like that but of course she didnt... =(

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Good catch of Hikari(Dawn) for the day. A Pachirisu, known to be the electric squirrel in it's species. Come on, get it before Jesse can catch it by her Dustox or Seviper!