• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Degrees of Seperation! (470)

Littlemyuu

I liked this one, and nice to know that James had an Caravine a long while ago

Tf5174

It could have been alot better.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As a follow-up to my DP001 retrospective, chances are I won't be doing more than one re-review per day, and I'm not sure how many episodes I'll plow through before I decide it's enough. Anyways...

This thread has already gone down in forum history, and it is an episode that will live in infamy for those of us who enjoy running fanbase gags that don't involve 4chan. Additionally, it's also a good episode that picks up on the events of the series premiere nicely. Yes, it's all purposely recycled, from Hikari's bike getting incinerated to Pochama's disobedience to Hikari being an embarrassing capture novice (you'd think kids would be taught these things before setting out on their adventure). But it feels fresh nonetheless, with both Hikari's and Satoshi's plots building to their eventual meet-up.

I really appreciated having this three-part arc at the beginning, because honestly, just one episode is not long enough to establish an entire saga's characters and basic plot. We also get a brief glimpse at a lot of basic Sinnoh Pokemon, naked Burmy included. My only issue with this episode is the pacing, with many things being thrown in randomly, especially Kojiro randomly finding Maskippa's Pokeball and the retardation of one baby Mukkuru. While we have cherished that moment ever since, I would have liked a bit more focus on Satoshi's first Sinnoh capture. And of course, Takeshi's entrance is as anticlimactic as his character, but amusing all the same.

B

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was interesting, since Pikachu is rarely seperated from Ash :/

I liked how Dawn continued to get so much screentime, it's never happened before.

6/10 because it was something new.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Poor Pikachu. it was vey hard to see it...

But i loved to see Paul for the first time, although he didn't fight.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Jame's Carnivine is pretty funny. Although I wonder how long it's been in that box. Overall this was a very enjoyable episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I believe this is the first time someone has pointed a pokedex at Pikachu when Dawn did it (Meowth hadn't had one pointed to him until he posed as Kirla and May pointed it at him). Also first time both Meowth's and Pikachu's pokedex entries appeared in this one.

Dawn's capture mistake was much like Ash of course, not to mention May I wonder if all the beginners have done that, or if it's just those who didn't read about it. It was funny to see naked Burmy lol, aleast we know what it looks like when the leaves aren't on it.

It was interesting when Pikachu appeared and Dawn tried to catch it, and all of TR's Pokemon appeared around it. And of course it destroys the bike lol.

So James has a Carivine, I am surprised that it has been stuck in the pokeball for so long. Ash's quick capture of Starly was quick, he probably would have caught it but he didn't have the time to mess around since he was trying to find Pikachu (It would have been more interesting if Aipom wasn't there, hey Ash catches his own Starly lol like how Jessie caught Seviper on her own without Pokemon).

Poor Brock, he looked shocked when that cowgirl said she had a boyfriend, of course he's like don't worry us two men will travel and all that other stuff.

wind21

I'm smiling at myself b/c I had to look at the episode pics to remember where this episode cut off. No serious analysis then.
I do remember Ash's comment about Team Rocket, saying that when he wanted to find those guys, he couldn't. And oh yeah! Pikachu's expression as it hid behind Dawn's leg- adorable (and funny considering Pikachu's the one who's blasted Team Rocket off so many times).
Almost forgot...Ash's first meeting with Professor Rowan, which begins with the professor telling Ash he's heard a great deal about him, and ends with the professor looking bemused at Ash abruptly running off to find Pikachu after hearing Pikachu is with Dawn. That's Ash for you.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Quite a lot happened in this episode. Pikachu and Meowth got Dexed for pretty much the first time and we continue on with our tradition of Pikachu frying the female protagonist's bike at the beginning of each new saga. And Ash got a Starly, why am I not suprised. Also James gets his old friend Carnivine back which turns out to be the new Victreebel. Oh, joy.Glad to see the writers are taking their time with introducing the new characters. Oh, did I forget something? Oh yeah, Brock came back. Well, its no wonder I forgot about Brock because after this episode the writers forgot he existed too.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
I LOVED this episode, Dawn's first attempts to capture were FAIL, I liked Team Rocket, haha their attitude and that James got a Carnivine and that they got a chance to relax! :D Ash caught a Starly & Brock returned, that truck girl was hot, poor Brocky! :(

at the end Paul appears omg!!! :D a lot of things happened in DP2

10/10

I hope the destroying-the-main-female-character's-bike gag keeps going for years to come. My favorite gag in the show!

Ash hits a Starly with a Pokeball right between the eyes. Yeouch!

OH MY GOD! Burmy nudity!!! Everyone avert your eyes! Just kidding!

Does James really say the word "bloody"? I don't remember hearing him say it.

This has to be the only time I remember seeing Pikachu/Meowth get looked up on the Pokedex.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Carnivine must have gotten tired by sitting in its pokeball for so many years

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see the new animation of how a Pokeball reacts when trying to capture a Pokemon already owned. It was cool to see Carnivine for the 1st time, interesting how it was James' Pokemon. I'm glad he kept it with him. As expected by a beginning trainer, she battled and tried to capture 2 wild Pokemon but failed. It was cool to see Starly for the 1st time and Ash caught it. It was great to see a plant-cloak Burmy for the 1st time. Burmy is cute! It was cool to see Paul for the 1st time.

30/100

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
The second part. Again, mostly Dawn focused, but a bit more of Ash too.

Once again, fried bike. But this time, Dawn completely forgot after that.

James's Carnivine is funny, and Ash just caught Starly like some common 'Mon (which it is, but even Taillow had an epic episode to it)

In all, nice episode, but not as good as the ones before and after it.

James should know better than to leave his pokemon in its pokeball for so many years-- what am I talking about? He's in Team Rocket!

At least Ash was seen more in this episode than the last one. Naked Burmy was weird and hilarious.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alright, episode 2 on my rewatch. I enjoyed the episode, it was pretty funny to see Dawn meet Team Rocket and also when Brock returns XD. And Pauld debuts here :D
I give this episode a 10/10!