• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Degrees of Seperation! (470)

WhyHelloThere

lmao at Paul's debut. He's just standing there at the end with Elekid.

This episode also focuses mostly on Dawn. At least Ash got just enough screen time to catch Starly (now Staraptor). Staraptor is one of my favorite for Ash's pokemon.

And yeah, naked Burmy.

Wow, before anything, I'd like to note that Brock's voice is now distinctly that of a grumpy 40 year old man with constipation issues to me. Seriously, listen to him again, and tell me you think this was acceptable.

Frankly, I think it's terrible. What happened, Bill? >_>

Then, you have Ash, who sounds like he's become a chain-smoker and constipated all the same. Truly, this is the very definition of terrible voice acting.

Add to that Claudina who is apparently a trucker who can traverse water going across Pewter City to Sinnoh and has a hillbilly accent (thanks, TPCi) and you get this episode.

It's so bad that within the first 5 minutes I have a whole stack of complaints.

Ignoring Ash and Brock's simply terrible voices, Dawn and her mom Johanna, who sounds like a man, aren't much better. Professor Rowan sounds like he's got some major speech issues too.

Wow, this is just terrible. And people were saying this was better than BF's dub. Not a chance. In fact, I now want to go back to BF's dub, and by that I mean the earlier episodes, too.

Dub: 25/100

One of the worst episodes I have ever seen in this entire show's history. THAT's how much I hate it.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
Dawn got most of the focus in this episode, the bonding moments between her and Piplup were nice. Also, it's cool to see Ash catching a Starly.
It was funny when Dawn sends her Piplup to battle Pikachu, but Pikachu defends himself with Thunderbolt and Destroys Dawn's bike. After she realizes that Pikachu belongs to someone, Team Rocket attacks Pikachu and tries to catch it. When Dawn helps Pikachu out. Team Rocket demands Pikachu from Dawn and he hids behind Dawn's leg. Then Pikachu-Piplup duo fights TR and Like always, they got blasted off.
Brock reuniting with Ash was nice, It's funny how he was interested in the female driver Claudina, but only to found out she had a boyfriend. As expected ..... he tags alone with Ash on his journey. Then they continiued to search for Dawn and Pikachu.
I liked Paul's appearance at the end.
Overall this was a great episode, I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

ashiemore

Good thing pokémon is one of those shows where everyone is spectacularly lucky and everything always comes out right in the end. Or else pikachu has to go with team rocket. Again.

zhixun

I like the scene when Hikari used a Zukan on Pikachu and Nyarh. As well as throwing a monster ball on Pikachu. I know this is going to fail but I have never seen a monster ball thrown at a trainers Pokémon in the anime. Too bad for the bicycle has to be electrocuted as what happened in AG. Hope the group will travel by bicycle some day.

Assuming it was what I heard, I don't think James' use of the word 'bloody' in that situation is appropriate for a kids show.
Who even would pick the Starly that only knows Sand Attack and Tackle?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dawn's first attempt at catching Buneary was a hot mess. I thought her attempt to capture Pikachu on a whim was priceless as well and I was glad that Dawn teamed up with him. Dawn and Piplup fighting was hysterical, and I was surprised when James found Carnivine's Poke Ball at his old home. Kudos to Ash for catching a Starly here as well.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Pikachu fried a bike again,lol.I am glad that Ash got a Starly and James got a Carnevine!I loved the references made to Jessibelle.Great to see Brock back!It was nice to see Paul in the end! :)

JudySpell

Banned
James randomly getting Carnevine in his house was lackluster and I didn't like how Ash only caught that Starly to search for Pikachu. 5/10

Gillachu

Banned
The bike gag was old. I liked how Dawn found Ash's Pikachu, but seeing Brock again didn't do much for me. Lol at Carnivine, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Dawn tried catching Ash's Pikachu and Brock coming back to the show so suddenly was interesting. I felt bad when Dawn's bike got destroyed by Pikachu, tho I liked that Ash caught himself a Starly. :3

Well I was pleased that he had Carnivine stashed away and that he didn't need to catch it, but I did think that it acted too much like Victreebel and Cacnea too. I wish it didn't have a gag. ^^;

If Carnivine didn't try to chomp James's head off in this episode and in others, it wouldn't have become so popular though. So him being affectionate that way paid off. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked the part with Team Rocket at James's home. It just seemed so realistic, but they had to leave to follow Ash. Did anyone catch how Jessie said the same thing about conquering Hoenn for Giovanni, even though she already said it when entering the Battle Frontier?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I liked seeing Dawn trying to capture Pokemon and then having her bike fried by Pikachu. I also found the way Brock returned was hilarious. It was also nice to see Dawn take care of Team Rocket easily with both Pikachu and Piplup. Paul appearing at the end of the episode was nice as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Hikari's journey from Futaba Town to Masago Town continued, and I felt bad when she failed to capture Mimirol. Pikachu zapping Hikari's bicycle was expected but still funny, and I wish we had seen more of Torami when she dropped Takeshi off on the road. Kojirou retrieving his Muskippa was great, as was Satoshi capturing a Mukkuru with Eipam's help.

Alloutℯ

Banned
James suddenly being familiar with Sinnoh made no sense. Like, I'm glad he got Carnivine, but he should've mentioned Sinnoh in the past.

Leonhart

Imagineer
James suddenly being familiar with Sinnoh made no sense. Like, I'm glad he got Carnivine, but he should've mentioned Sinnoh in the past.

Well given Kojirou's family's wealth, it's not so surprising that they had a summer home in Shinou. The lack of foreshadowing was only natural since Shinou was a new region that the writers barely started exploring.

gentwoer

I noticed the voices that are for new characters such as Dawn, Dawn's mother, and the Professor are fine. It's the replacement voices like Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket that get on my nerves. Maybe if they weren't trying to do really really bad impersonations of the old cast. It reminds me of the Cloverway dub of Sailor Moon tbh.

James having a summer home in Sinnoh isn't too surprising but Carnvine being a childhood pet (plant?) seems a bit retconny. I was surprised the show remembered Jessebelle existed.

Brock's line about hooking up with the trucker though....does PUSA know what the phrase "hooking up" typically means especially when said by a skirt chaser like Brock?