• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Girls, One Very Confused Man. [pokeshipping]

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Chapter 8

Misty rubbed her eyes as she walked out onto the patio. Brock, May, and Gary were sitting at the table with iced tea and breakfast.

"Morning!" she called brightly.

"Morning!" they replied back. she sat next to Gary, stealing a piece of fruit off his plate.

"Hey, May, look at this." Brock said folding the paper he was reading and handing it to her.

"Drew?" May stared at the picture.

"Who's Drew?" Misty asked.

"He's a coordinater we met while traveling in Hoenn. He's very good, but he knew it. May left us to follow him to Johto. She had a crush on him." Brock smiled, "Didn't you two date?"

May didn't look up from the article, but nodded.

"You know, one of those childhood crushes." Brock laughed.

"I know. But they disappear as quickly as they come." Misty giggled.

"Not always." everyone looked over at May who was staring intently at Misty. "Sometimes you think they're gone, but the feelings are just hidden in the back of your head until you see the person again."

"May?" Misty asked softly, but May didn't reply. Instead she went back to the paper as Ash walked out the back door.

"You look terrible!" Brock commented.

"Yeah, well, I didn't sleep well last night." he grumbled shooting a glare at Misty and Gary.

Brock laughed, catching Ash's look, "Well they did say that they hadn't seen each other in awhile."

Misty blushed bright red and distanced herself from Gary.

"Misty, can I have a word with you?" Ash asked suddenly serious.

"Uh...yeah, I guess." she stood up and they walked off towards the oceanwhere he was sure that no one would hear them, or sneak up on them.

"I want to tell May about Katie." he said as they stood there.

"What?" Misty asked hoping that she heard him wrong.

"I want to tell May about Katie, "he repeated, "about everything."

She shook her head violently, "No...no,no,no,no,no." for good measure she looked him dead in the eyes, "No."

"Why not?"

"Why not?" Misty smirked, "Because I'm her mother and I said so."

"I'm her father." he said matter of factly.

"Biologically maybe. But Gary is her father. Gary went to the doctor's appointments. Gary was in the delivery room. 2am feedings, first steps, her first day of preschool, Gary was there for all of it."

"I could have been there! If you had just told me!"

"I know, Ash." she said softly, "I know you would have been there. On weekends, and May could have been at the appointments with us. We would have been one happy family."

"I married May 2 years ago! If you had told me that you were pregnant-"

"What? You would have dumped her and married me instead?" Of course you would have, you're Ash Ketchum. You would have stuck yourself with me because of your sense of responsibility. But I didn't want that."

Ash began to breathe deeply almost as if trying to control himself. She wasn't sure what was going to happen next. She waited, then turned on her heels scoffing as she started to walk away.

"You didn't want me to stay with May, you didn't want me to leave her." he grabbed her wrist, whipping her around so she faced him, "What the hell do you want from me, Misty? Because, honestly, I'm sick and tired of trying to figure it out!"

She ripped her arm out of his grasp, "Did it ever occur to you that maybe I just wanted you to want me?!" She didn't wait for his response, instead running into the house.

Ash just stood there. He didn't know what had just happened. He looked over towards the house, everyone on the patio stared in his direction. He knew they all had questions, but he wasn't ready to answer them. He turned and walked along the beach. Oh, the enigma that is Misty Williams. One moment she acted as if he repulsed her, then there were other times...He sighed and sat on the sand sticking his feet in the water. She was right, if she had called him up saying that she was pregnant he would have left May. He had to, he couldn't have left Misty with a child that had been his fault. Even now he was conflicted. Part of him thought that he should tell May, they would get divorced, and he would marry Misty, make her an honest woman. The other part wondered how that would be fair to May, she did marry him, and love him after all. He stood, he had to think. He had to clear his mind. He walked back into the house. On his way, he glanced at the patio. Brock was gone, leaving May and Gary who were having a quiet conversation. May was the only one talking while Gary was looking down and nodding. They both stopped talking as he walked up and looked at him. Ash paused but no one said a word so he went up to his room and fell onto his bed.

*****​

Gary walked up the stairs pausing as he passed Katie's open door. She was sleeping on the bed while Misty sat next to her stroking her head.

"Hey." he whispered.

"Hi. Can we talk?" she asked standing and walking out of the room.

"Why haven't we gotten married?" she demanded once they were in their own room with the door closed.

"Where did this come from?" Gary asked almost laughing.

"Just answer the question. We've been together for a long time. Why haven't we gotten married?"

"I don't know...because..." he sighed avoiding her eyes.

"Because? That's not an answer!" she exclaimed.

Gary was quiet for awhile then looked up at her with a strange expression, "Misty, do you want to get married?"

She raised an eyebrow, "What sort of question is that? Of course I want to get married!"

He sighed, "But, do you want to marry me?" she opened her mouth to say something but he held up his hand, "Think about it. You and I, til death do we part. No one else. Is that what you really want?"

"Gary..."

"Listen, when we started this thing, we had an agreement. I knew that you were in love with someone else. But I wanted to be there for you, and for Katie." he smiled at her, "I do love you, and I always will, but don't you think this works for us? We're not tied to each other...for whatever happens."

"What do you mean? What do you expect to happen?"

Gary took a breath choosing his next words wisely, "I know that this week has been hard for you. I mean, you still have feelings for Ash. He's been confusing you, and Katie's newfound love of him can't be helping. This is for the best. You know, in case you get the chance to rekindle things with Ash."

She was speechless, "Gary...it sounds like you're breaking up with me...which isn't possible...right?"

"Misty...I really think...Katie should know her father. And you and Ash...I mean, if there's any lingering feelings, I'd rather you know now. If you find out there isn't, then maybe we can continue this. But I think there's some things that you need to figure out."

"What?" tears began to roll down Misty's cheeks, "I don't have...why are you talking like this? You've only been here one day! How can you know how Ash and I have been?"

Gary's face turned red, he hated seeing her cry, especially when he knew he was the reason. "It doesn't take very long to notice the way you two look at each other. I just want you to be completely sure there's nothing between you."

"And if there isn't?" she asked, "Then this was all for nothing?"

"No." he sighed, "if there truly is nothing...I'll marry you."

She nodded and walked out of the room. Gary exhaled loudly as he realized that she never denied it.

Ash woke up and glanced around the room. It was dark, it hadn't been when he fell asleep. He heard a door shut loudly followed by footsteps which hesitated outside his door before running downstairs. He stood up and went to the window, there ,surprisingly, wasn't anyone outside. That's when he saw a head of red hair bobbing out towards the ocean before collapsing on the sand. He went over to the door and downstairs passing May on her way up.

"Where are you going?" she asked him.

"Uh, just to get some air. I guess I slept most of the day." he laughed sheepishly.

"Yeah, I remembered you saying that you didn't sleep well last night so I didn't wake you." she glanced out the window overlooking the beach and smiled a little. "Can you believe that this is our last night here? I'm going to miss being around everyone, and waking up to such a beautiful view."

He followed her gaze catching sight of Misty again, he raised an eyebrow at her but she didn't seem to notice, "Don't be out too late, you know Trish will kill you if you look over tired in the pictures." she kissed his cheek and skipped the rest of the way up the stairs.

He slowed his pace as he got closer to where Misty was sitting, trying to gage her mood. If she was still angry about earlier, it probably wouldn't be best to talk to her now. That was when he noticed that she was crying.

"Misty? What's wrong?" he asked standing beside her.

She looked up at him, hesitating, "Gary broke up with me." she said.

He sat down next to her, "Why? You two seemed fine yesterday."

"We were...that's why I'm so confused." she stared at him for a long time before continuing, "That's not the only thing I'm confused about."

"What else?"

"You."

"Me?" he prepared himself for another arguement, "What did I do?"

"I don't know. Ever since we got here, we've been weird around each other. And when we were telling Katie that story...you know the one of how we met...." she looked him dead in the eye, "You were going to kiss me. Why? You're married and you've already made that mistake once. I just don't understand why you seem to lose your senses around me. I don't do anything!"

He looked down. This was the question he had been trying to answer for the last 5 years. Why? Why did Misty have this affect on him? Even when he was younger, things that he would never done to anyone else, he did to Misty. He fought with her over the stupidest things. She drove him crazy just by giving him a look. He was insanely jealous if anyone showed a slight intrest in her, but the knowledge that she had a crush on him caused him to run the other way. Why? Then it hit him, almost like a bolt of lightening. He smiled. He still hadn't looked up at her, but his smiled soon turned to a giggle, then a full fledged laugh. Soon he was rolling on his back laughing hysterically.

Her eyes widened in shock, "What are you laughing at? That wasn't a funny question!" she yelled but he didn't let up, tears were flowing from his eyes as he laughed. She groaned in aggravation and stood up, getting ready to walk away.

Suddenly he stopped laughing and began to sing softly. Ash had always been one to sing loudly and off key, but it wasn't the softness of his voice that caught her it was what he was singing.

"Out here in the quiet of the night, beneath the stars and moon, we both know we've got something on our minds, we won't admit but it's true."

"Ash...all this time...you heard me that night?" she asked.

He smiled as she sat back down, "You give me way too much credit. I didn't hear you. Brock was recording the forest sounds at night because Prof. Oak had heard about a new type of pokemon. He didn't get any unusual sounds, except you singing that song."

"And I'm sure you guys had a good laugh at my expense." she looked about ready to cry again.

"No, Brock didn't even let me hear it for a long time. I don't know why he kept it, but when I did finally hear it, I listened to it over and over. No one had ever sung a song about me before." he smiled at her. They were silent for a long time before he leaned forward and kissed her. She placed her hands on his chest preparing to push him away but his reflexes were quicker as he wrapped his arms around her holding her against him. It wasn't long before she surrendered sliding her hands up to his shoulders and kissing him back. Ash could swear that he heard a squeal of joy, but figured that he was just imagining it. When they finally split apart he grinned at her, "I love you."

She sighed, "Ash, what am I supposed to do with that?"

"Say it back!" he smiled before pecking her on the lips, "I love you."

"Ash-"

"Say it back! I love you!" another kiss.

"But-"

"I love you! Say it back!" another one.

"Ash!" she started to laugh as he kissed her again.

"Say it back! I love you! God, I love you!" he laughed too kissing her again. They continued to laugh inbetween kisses and Ash proclaiming his love for her.

"Please say it back. I could be struck by lightning right now but I'll go peacefully if you just say it back." he kissed her again.

"Ash...I can't..." she sighed looking down.

"You can't? Because you don't?"

"No...because I won't...Ash, you say you love me now. But what do you intend to do about it? You loved May a week ago and now look at you."

"I love you in a way that I could never love May." he said his voice suddenly serious, "I love May...but like I love one of my best friends. I love you. I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love anything. Please, tell me you love me too."

"If I said it, what would happen. Would you leave May?" her expression gave nothing away.

"Misty...no, you know I can't...I know that it's not fair to us, but dumping my wife isn't fair to her. It's not her fault that I'm an idiot. That I can't even figure out who I'm in love with."

She stood up and sighed before turning and walking back into the house without more than a word to him. Ash watched her go before putting his head in his hands and sobbing.

Last edited:

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
good lord, i remember that song, my little sister bought that pokemon cd years ago and use to play it all the time, it drove me nuts,

good chapter, can't wait for more, i figure this must be geting close to an end though as we're down to one day

DoctorPie

Ash, you foolish child!

And I thought the ending was just about to be tied up neatly.

But I'm happy, too-keep going!

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Thanks for all the positive reviews! This was by far my favorite chapter, and also the hardest to write.

Chapter 9 should be up within the next couple days, I'm just about done with it. Then chapter 10 and I'm pretty sure that will be the end. I haven't decided if I'll do a sequel. I have a couple ideas floating around but nothing I've picked yet. Please let me know if you would read a sequel or if the story fits being left as it is (obviously I don't expect answers until I've finished...)

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Chapter 9

“Do you Brock take Trisha to be your lawfully wedded wife?” the minister asked.

“I do.” Brock smiled.

Misty gripped her small bouquet of lilies smiling over at her friends, she never would have guessed that Brock would calm down enough to get some girl to date him, let alone marry him. She looked behind Brock at Ash who was looking handsome in his khakis and orange polo shirt. He caught her eye and gave her a small smile. Neither one of them had spoken about last night, but they were trying their best to pretend nothing happened so as not to ruin Brock and Trisha’s wedding.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride. “the minister finished with a grin as Brock and Trisha leaned towards each other.

Afterward, Ash sat on one of the lounge chairs watching everyone else dance and eat. They were all leaving tonight, he wanted another chance to talk to Misty. He knew that he had blown it when he said that he wouldn’t leave May, but what was he supposed to do? She was his wife after all! As if on cue, May walked up and sat on the chair next to him.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Well, first off, I woke up this morning and you were laying on the bed in your clothes from last night staring at the ceiling. Did you sleep at all?”

“No, I wasn’t tired after that long nap.”

“And you’ve had this weird vibe all day. I mean, outwardly you look fine, but I can tell that there’s something wrong. So spill.”

He inhaled deeply, “If I tell you something that’s sorta big, do you promise not to freak?”

“Sure, what is it?” Her face didn’t change but her eyes lit up, May was always up for gossip.

“Katie…you know, Misty’s daughter?” May nodded, “Well…she’s also…my…daughter.” he flinched waiting for yelling and screaming. But nothing came, instead he heard May laugh. He opened one eye and saw her shaking with laughter. “What? It’s true!”

“Ash, are you just figuring that out?” she asked.

“Wait, you mean you knew?!” his eyes were wide.

“I knew the second I saw her picture, she looks exactly like you.”

“Well, if you knew…why didn’t you say anything?”

“I didn’t know if you knew, besides, it was a lot more fun pretending that I didn’t know.” She shrugged, “But I am a little curious, what happened?”

“It was the night of my Mastery Banquet…you weren’t there and she was and I don’t know what came over me…it was just the one time and I’ve only been keeping it secret because I didn’t want to hurt you. I didn’t know though…about Katie that is, not until we saw the picture. So I guess…we found out at the same time…” his face was burning, this was not the sort of conversation he ever imagined having with his wife.

They sat there in silence for a long time, but then May spoke up again, “While we’re confessing things…I have a question for you…How do you feel about Misty?”

He could feel his face turn red again, “I…um…” he felt like he was about to hyperventilate.

She smiled softly, “It’s okay, I already know. You’d have to be blind not to see it. I just…I needed you to confirm it.”

He sighed, and nodded looking out at the dance floor to where Misty was dancing with Forrest. She looked so beautiful in her orange and white mini skirt and white polo. When Trish and Brock had told them what they would be wearing for the wedding, he had been shocked. All four of them were in polo shirts, Ash and Brock’s were orange while Misty and Trisha’s were white with orange mini skirts. It was the most casual wedding he had ever been to.

“Ash? Did you hear me?” May asked snapping him out of his trance.

“Uh, no…what did you say?”

“I’m leaving you.”

“What?!” He looked at her with his mouth open in shock, “Why?”

“I’m in love with someone else.” she glanced out at the rest of the wedding reception, “And you are too.”

“In love…who? When?” His brain was thinking a lot faster than he could get the words out.

“Drew…it happened, oddly enough, the night of your banquet. I was at home taking care of my mom, that wasn’t a lie. But she was tired of me hovering over her the whole time so she sent me out to have fun. At least that’s what she said, but I knew it was to get herself a little piece and quiet. I went to a club with Melanie, you’ve met her a few times, and Drew was there. We started talking and at the end of the night, he kissed me. I thought maybe it was a case of wedding jitters until I ran into him again about a year ago an realized that the feelings I had for him when I was 13 were still very real. Ever since…we’ve been inseparable…in a way.” she stopped and looked at him, trying to judge his reaction.

His eyebrows were furrowed in confusion then she could almost see the light bulb turn on, “All those text messages? They were Drew?”

She nodded smiling, “We knew that we couldn’t actually be together because I was with you, but I can’t go a day without talking to him…”

“I have something to ask, two days ago, I read one of your text messages…it asked, ‘How’s it going Matchmaker May?’ was that from Drew?”

She nodded, “Yeah…he wondered why I never replied to him…”

“Who were you trying to get together?” he was sure he knew the answer, but he still wanted to hear it.

“I’m in love with Drew, I already told you that. But I didn’t want to leave you alone, I could never have lived with myself if I had broken your heart like that. So when I saw the picture of Katie and your reaction to it…I hoped that maybe there were some lingering feelings and then I saw you together and I knew that if I could get you to spend enough time together….I thought I was failing, especially once Gary arrived, but then last night, I saw you kiss and…”

“So…you and Gary were talking yesterday…are you the reason he suddenly broke up with her?“

“Kind of…in a way. I didn’t tell him to, but I hinted to something between you and Misty…and I asked him how serious he was with Misty…I told him that I thought she loved you.” there were tears in her eyes, “I was right wasn’t I? She feels the same way?”

He smiled, “I guess, I told her that I loved her…but she never said it back. It’s funny, I told her that I wouldn’t leave you because it wouldn’t be fair, when this whole time, you wouldn’t leave me either.”

She breathed a sigh of relief, “I guess it is a little funny. So, what are you going to do next?”

“I think…I don’t know…I’m going to tell Misty, but from there I’m not sure. I guess we’ll have to figure that out.” he had a thought, “When we get home…what do we do? I mean, are you going back to our house with me? Or do you not want me there?”

“I didn’t really think about it, I supposed I’ll go back with you, from there Drew and I can decide where we want to be, he still travels a lot.”

He nodded and looked out at Misty again, she was dancing with Gary. His eyes darkened a little, what if they were reconciling because he had said he wouldn’t leave May? He felt her kiss him on the forehead, “Go on, tell her.” she smiled at him.

He stood and walked up to them, tapping Gary on the shoulder, “Do you mind if I cut in?”

Gary smiled, it wasn’t a full smile, but a small bittersweet one, “Not at all,” he leaned forward and kissed Misty’s cheek, “I’ll go see what Katie’s up to.”

Ash placed one of his hands on her waist as they resumed where Gary had left off. Neither one of them said anything for an entire song. The next one was slower so he pulled her in closer as he whispered in her ear, “Guess what I just found out.”

“What?” she asked just as softly.

“My wife has been cheating on me. She’s leaving me.” he said it so matter of factly that she thought he was joking at first.

“She’s what?”

“Yeah, I guess her and Drew reconnected and they fell in love and she’s been waiting for the right moment to tell me.”

“And she thought that your best friend’s wedding seemed like the appropriate time to ask for a divorce?” Misty couldn’t help but laugh.

He chuckled a little too, “I guess. She was more focused on making sure that I wasn’t hurt. Apparently she has had a hidden agenda for this week. She was hoping that you and I would realize that we loved each other so that she could leave me with a clear conscience.”

“Oh, I see. So you’re available now?” she backed slightly away from him.

“Yeah. And I want to be with you. If you feel the same way…”

“So the second your wife dumps you, you come over here to me and expect me to just profess my love for you and that’s that?”

“Misty? What’s wrong? I thought you did love me? You said last night that the only reason you weren’t saying it was because I couldn’t offer you anything in return. But it turns out that May was waiting for the same thing so now, we can be together.”

“Ash…that’s not the only reason. How do I know that a few years down the road you won’t suddenly realize that you’re in love with someone else?”

“Trust. All you can do is trust me.” He was at a loss, he had barely handled being turned down once, he didn’t think he could again.

“Under normal circumstances, I would…but the decisions I make don’t just affect my life. They affect Katie’s too, and I’m not going to get her involved in something unless I’m sure. You understand don’t you?”

“I guess I do…but Katie is my daughter too. And I want her to know that. I want to be a part of her life, like Gary is.”

She hesitated, then nodded, “I guess that’s reasonable. She does like you a lot.”

He looked away from her so that she wouldn’t see the tears in his eyes. “Then I guess that’s that.” He turned to walk away when she grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Ash…I’m not saying no…I’m saying that we need to take it slow…for Katie’s sake.” She smiled at him, “Trust me, if it was just me I’d be-” she stopped herself and her face turned bright red. Ash smirked and wondered what she could be thinking about. He pulled her towards him and kissed her. When they pulled apart she stared at him, lost in his eyes until she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She looked away from him and saw everyone staring at them.

“That probably wasn’t such a good idea…considering that I’m still married.” Ash laughed.

She giggled with him as she distanced herself walking over to Gary and Katie, both her and Ash’s faces burning.

Last edited:

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Chapter 10

4 months later​

Misty stood at the stove in her kitchen praying that this batch of pancakes would turn out alright. She only had a half hour before Katie had to catch the bus, and she didn’t have time for burnt pancakes. She was a mess, her hair was piled in a messy bun on top of her head and she knew that she had more than a few stains on her baggy sweatpants. It was one of the reasons she was glad Katie loved to take the school bus it meant she didn’t have to get dressed until after she left. She clapped her hands together and exclaimed in joy as her pancakes were a perfect golden brown.

“Katie! Breakfast is ready!” she called up the stairs.

“Coming!” she heard the thunder of footsteps then a loud shriek. She dropped the spatula and ran to the hallway where she saw Katie standing by the front door with a little yellow pikachu on her shoulder. “Mom! Look it’s mine!”

That was when she noticed Ash standing in the doorway with a huge grin on his face and an even bigger bouquet of flowers. “I thought that it would be a good gift. Besides, I had an egg without an owner, and I knew a little girl who really wanted a pikachu.” he walked in handing the flowers to her. “Don’t think I forgot about you.” he kissed her cheek as she walked back to the kitchen to find a vase. She looked up and saw Ash and Katie heading outside.

“Uh uh! Katie, breakfast, now!” she pointed to the table.

“But Mom!” Katie stomped her foot.

“Don‘t but Mom me, you have to eat because the bus will be here soon. Your pikachu’s not going anywhere.” Ash led Katie to the table so that she would eat. Misty tried to make herself busy trimming the ends of the flowers, she saw a card fall out of them. She glanced up at Ash who wasn’t paying attention, and instead was telling Katie how to take care of her pikachu.

She carefully opened the envelope and slid the card out, careful not to tear it.

Even I can be a little romantic…

Pink roses - friendship
Yellow tulips - hopelessly in love
Red tulips - declaration of love
Mauve lilacs - Do you still love me?

She smiled at the words written in Ash’s own handwriting. She looked at Ash who smiled and winked at her. She felt her face turn red, then she caught sight of the clock. “Oh! Katie, you have to get up the bus stop!” she exclaimed.

“I’ll walk her there, if you don’t mind.” Ash said standing.

“Please!” Katie leapt up from the seat.

“Yeah, of course, go ahead.” she shooed them out of the kitchen.

“That will give you a chance to get dressed.” He smirked looking her up and down.

“Well, if you had called me, I would be wearing something a little nicer.” she retorted.

“I don’t come to see your clothes. I don’t care what you wear.” He ushered Katie out of the house and down the street. When he came back into the house, Misty had showered and changed into yellow Bermuda shorts and a white t-shirt with “Seafoam Islands Resort” written on it. Her hair was down past her shoulders and she was even wearing mascara and pale pink lip gloss. “I had forgotten how energetic and excited kids can get!” he exclaimed collapsing on her couch.

“Well, Katie likes seeing you.” she shrugged sitting next to him

“Oh, not her…well she was excited…it was the other kids.” he rubbed his face and grinned, “Once they found out I was the Ash Ketchum, they were all over me.” he turned to look at her, “You know what was the best though, she said I was her dad.”

“You are.” Misty laughed.

“I know, but she said to them, ‘this is my dad’ she’s never called me dad before.” he smiled to himself for awhile before standing. “Well, I didn’t come here to talk about my fame stretching to kindergarteners and Katie calling me Dad. I’m taking you on a date.”

“A date? Don’t you have a gym to run?”

“Nope, I took the day off.”

“Well, I have to open the Cerulean Gym in half an hour…”

“Nope, I talked to Daisy, she said that she’ll take over for the day.”

“Katie’s going to be home at 3, I have to make sure I’m here for her.”

“Wrong again. Mom said that she will be here at 3 o’clock and she will spend the night with Katie if she has to.” he grinned, “Anymore excuses?”

20 minutes later they were sitting across from each other in a booth at a diner.

“So, when does Gary come home?” Ash asked after they had ordered their food.

“Two weeks, just in time for Thanksgiving,” she took a sip of her drink.

“Are you and Katie going with him to Mom’s?”

“I wasn’t planning on it. We weren’t invited.”

“Consider yourself invited.” he smiled at her, “Besides, that way Mom and Prof Oak get to see Gary and you and Katie do too. I know Mom won’t mind, she’s fallen in love with Katie.”

“It’s impossible not to.” Misty sighed, “she’s a lovable little girl…so what’s been going on with you? I haven’t really spoken to you since Brock’s wedding. How’s May?”

“Ah, my wife…she is traipsing about Johto with her boyfriend, She called me the other day. She’s very happy” he laughed, “You should have seen the hell she gave me when I told her that we hadn’t started anything.”

Misty laughed too as their food arrived and they began to eat. “So, Ash Ketchum, master date planner, what’s our next move?” she asked as they finished their lunch.

“Bowling!” he announced, “Then there’s this carnival in town that I thought would be fun.”

“Sounds good!” she smiled .

It was almost 9 o’clock by the time they got back to Misty’s home. He walked her up to the door pleased to see that the light in the living room was off, meaning that Katie was most likely in bed.

“So, are you going to invite me in?” he asked.

She studied his face trying to figure out if he was serious, “Um…what part of taking things slow did you have a hard time understanding? No I’m not going to invite you in!” she exclaimed.

“I waited 4 months? How much slower did you want me to go?” he laughed, “I’m only kidding. Of course you’re not going to have me stay over.” He looked down at his feet not wanting to say goodbye yet. Those months without Misty had been agony. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t seen her, they traded Katie every weekend. But standing here, just them, he longed to wrap his arms around her but he was afraid that if he did, he would never let go.

“But even if you’re not staying the night…that doesn’t mean I don’t get a goodnight kiss.” she winked at him.

“Oh really?” he asked getting a little closer to her. Their lips were less than an inch a part when the porch flooded with light.

“Mom!” Katie stood in the doorway with Delia behind her.

“Damn.” Ash whispered his face still close to hers.

“Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood.” Misty laughed pushing him gently away. “Katie honey, shouldn’t you be in bed?”

“Delia said that I could stay up until you got home!” Katie exclaimed looking from Ash to Misty.

Misty looked at Delia who held up her hands in surrender, “I honestly thought that she’d be tired and fall asleep by now. Ash always did.”

“Not Katie, if you tell her she can stay up, she’s going to stay up.” she turned to her daughter, “But now, it’s time for bed because you can clearly see that I am home.”

“Wait!” Katie exclaimed walking out onto the porch between her parents, “Ash, are you going to stay the night?”

Misty flushed slightly as Ash kneeled down, “Not tonight, but tell you what. I will definitely make sure that I’m here in the morning, so it will be just like I was here all night.”

Katie wasn’t buying it, “Why don’t you just stay the night then? Gary always did.”

“Katie it is time to go to bed!” Misty exclaimed ushering her daughter into the house. She turned back to Ash who was trying very hard not to laugh, “I’ll be back in a few minutes, and we’ll resume where we left off.”

Once Katie was asleep Misty wandered downstairs and into the kitchen where Delia was cleaning up.

“Did you like your flowers?” she asked once she saw Misty had walked in.

“Yes, I loved them. I was surprised that he knew the meanings of the flowers.”

“You should have seen him, it was so cute! He told me that he would go to the farmer’s market with me. I was making a bouquet for the living room. I happened to mention the meaning of one flower and he was just inspired running from flower to flower asking what each one meant.” Delia smiled, “He knew that he had to do something great to win you over.”

“Win me over?” Misty laughed, “Doesn’t he realize, he won me 14 years ago?”

“I think he knows. But you know Ash, he wants to be the one to sweep you off your feet.” she looked over at Misty, “I really think that you should let yourself be swept.”

They walked to the door saying goodnight to each other, and Delia to Ash.

“Well,” he said once they were alone again, “where were we?”

She smiled moving closer to him, “I think we were right about here.” she stood on her toes kissing him. He put his arms on her waist pulling her closer and deepening the kiss.

When they separated they stared at each other for a long time before Ash said “Goodnight, I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Goodnight.” she said softly before going into her house. She leaned against the closed door sighing softly. Then she had a thought, “Ash!” she exclaimed opening the door.

Ash, who had been leaning on the other side of the door tumbled inside and into Misty. “Sorry!” he exclaimed helping her up.

“No, I’m sorry. But I was thinking, you’re not a very early riser. And Katie is really looking forward to you being here…maybe it would be best if you stayed over. That way I can make sure you’re here in the morning.” she was glad that the room was dark so that he couldn’t see her face turn red.

“Well I guess that makes sense…for Katie’s sake…” she was suddenly aware of how close they were standing.

“Obviously, I’m sticking by my taking it slow rule. No funny business.” she said pulling away from him.

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” He grinned kissing her and following her upstairs to her room.

Once she was changed into her pajamas they both snuggled into bed. Ash on his back with Misty curled up with her head on his chest. “You know, I kinda like this family thing.” he smiled.

She sighed happily as he wrapped his arm tighter around her and kissed her forehead. “I think I like it too.”

The End

a/n: That's it! The end! I wanted to give a little peek into what happened after Brock's wedding. But of course the story was about Ash and Misty getting together so as much as I could have gone on forever about what happened next I knew that I had to end it somewhere!

Thanks to everyone who kept up with all my chapters (and my edits) I really hope that the ending didn't disappoint.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
good finish

regaurding your talk about a sequel
while i'd like to see one, tbh i'm not sure where you can really take this, asides from fluff about dailly life, i can't really see much of a plot coming out of what you have for a sequal. If you have a definitive plot or idea going for ya, (like the whole wedding thing here) than yeh go for it

Star Dust

live let live.
Applause.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can't believe i've missed those previous chapters. I KNEW THAT May was either cheating, or leaving him. And Ash's confession to Misty was insane, but still lovable old Ash. They really should be going slow in their relationship, and the fluff thT goes with it. Its really improved from the earlier chapters, and their "first date" was just adorable. The ending was perfect as well. No need for any funny stuff for an ending. 8D

Congrats. <333333333 to the fic.

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I loved that you guys loved it! I knew that the last chapter was going to be adorably fluffy but I had to do it, and I'm glad that you thought it was good.

As of yet, there won't be a sequel. My original plan was to have one 5 years down the road, and more from Katie's pov, but I have 2 other fics I'm working on at the moment so I'm going to focus my energy into them.

That was... an addicting fanfic ashlyrose. <3 <3 <3

Ir's funny, because, had anyone else been writing this, I probably wouldn't have read it. So okay, on to my review!

First off... your writing needs a bit more practice in the description area. Although you were good when it came to the intimate description, it could have used a bit more help when it came to describing feelings and the scenery. Sometimes, I'll admit, it felt like we were racing through the fic. ): I think there were many ways you could have lengthened the fic by throwing in the time for some more description. Also, the storyline/plot at times was confusing, two years or so passed by in between two chapters. It took me some time to catch on. So, that could have used a bit more time as well. It also seemed to jump around a bit from here and there. If anything, here is the end of the fic, and I still feel like you could have added more.

Ash was ooc again, but I don't blame you. XD

As for th positive, like I said, very addicting story! I read it all in one sitting! The characters were very believable, and Ash (as ooc as he was) was the most believable of them all! (go figure!) I think the ending was fitting, and I'm happy Ash realized his feelings for Misty... although a bit too late X3 I'm happy that after that one night stand, Misty was no longer jumping in to Ash's arms, but he in to her's. Katie sounds adorable btw! But um, were they not using protection?

Aaah, forget I said that!

Okay, well, in conclusion, awesome fanfic, could use a bit more work, but I liked it! Please don't take what I say personally, I'm not a great writer myself, do you can choose whether or not to listen to my criticism.

I hope to see more from you soon :)

Caelesti

dancing queen
Wow, that was great, ashlyrose! I loved the ending... a lot. I thought Ash's situation was really realistic. I also think you might've made Ash a little OOC, but, then again, it is like... what? 10 years after the animé? o: Anyway, I also loved the fic, and I'm glad Ash and Misty, as well as Drew and May got together. :D

csisps_26

Roark <3
Great! Very shippy too! I liked it. A lot. Keep it up! (Maybe a sequel?)
She smiled moving closer to him, “I think we were right about here.” she stood on her toes kissing him. He put his arms on her waist pulling her closer and deepening the kiss.
;370; Romantic! ;370;