• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Hits And A Miss! (168)

Oh, I remember how good this episode was, I like Hitmontop and this is a decent one

Battra

A good episode, I love Chigusa she's definitely a good well developed character considering this is a filler episode, and I love her outfit. One qualm I have is that most of the time when we see Fighting Pokmon their in a dojo, it's a very convenient place to put them I guess with all the fighting dojo's the are associatied with China and Japan.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked this episode. I thought Chigusa was a great character. I also liked her Hitmontop, I thought it was really cool. I wish we would have gotten to see her grandfather fight though. I was surprised that Brock didn't go love crazy after her. I also think it was a good idea for her grandfather to get Ash to push her, and challenge her belief that she was the next Shihan.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hitmontop was really sad in the begining, but than it discovered his real ower.

The trainer with the Hitmonlee was strong, but Chigusa was stronger, in the end.

great- 8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I always like episodes with fighting Pokemon, and Hitmontop is also one of my favorites

It's the other way around for me kinda, I usually hate episodes with Fighting types and Dojos but this one was pretty good :p

I liked how the COTD had to overcome a problem, and what better way to improve than to fight for the sake of your home?

I found Hitmontops kicking based moves to be too much like Hitmonlee's. Had the writers had their way, Hitmontop would have most likely lost to the Hitmonlee due to it's inexperience. 8/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great seeing Hitmontop for the 1st time and seeing its special attack Triple Kick. Hitmontop is definitely my fav. of the 2 kicking Pokemon. The battle between Bulbasaur and Hitmontop was great! The 2nd battle was great too!

60/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. Seeing Hitmontop for the first time was awsome and seeing triple Kick. Balbasaur vs Hitmon was pretty cool

6/10

I was surprised that Brock didn't go love crazy after her.

Indeed, Brock didn't fall in love. I also noticed it when I recently rewatched this episode.

I don't like Fighting types, but I like this episode. I recently rewatched it, and still liked it. Ash helping Chigusa was good to see. 9/10.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Slowking!
I love how Team Rocket come in at the perfect time... in Ninja outfits? lol! This was an alright episode. It was nice of Ash to help that girl, and the last battle she had with that green haired kid was good! And no wonder Team Rocket are always hungry, they spend all that money on machinery that gets blown up by one Thunderbolt!!

7threst

Great episode. The whole premise surrounding the fighting type Pokémons and more Japanese orientated with those Dojo's. Out of all three dojo episodes in Johto, this one is my favorite one - just the whole team of dojo's was emphasized in a well-executed way.

Blessed

An alright episode, seeing the battles was nice. It was very sweet of Ash to help Chigusa in her training all night. She looks a lot like Whitney lol.

Cool to see a Hitmontop for the first time.)

Maybe the reason why Brock didn't fall in love with Chigusa was because she was, maybe, just maybe, a little too young for his tastes? I don't know.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Kenzo wanting Ash to succeed him as the dojo master was cool, tho I'm glad that his granddaughter proved herself when she fought Shiro. Hitmontop vs Hitmonlee was cool. :D

UmbrionKnight

Oh GOD, I can't beleive I forgot about this episode. The female trainer is named Chigusa, not Shigusa btw ^^;
In any case, Chigusa is by far my favourite filler character, despite the fact Liza Ortiz portrayed her with that god awful random-filler-girl voice.
Chigusa was just awesome. She had a great attitude towards training using those caporeia-like dancing techniques and I really liked how determined she was in pulling it off successfully...That and the fact she has one of the best character designs on the show :p

I did for quite sorry for her when her Grandfather was praising Ash and his Bulbasaur, she must have been crushed to find out her own grandfather favoured a random stranger with a grass type over her and Hitmontop.
But it all worked out in the end, and we got an awesome battle out of all the training she put in during the night.

The voice wasn't that bad.