• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Hits And A Miss! (168)

Chigusa and her Hitmontop were cool characters and I really enjoyed the Japanese vibes from the dojo. This was a good episode, even for a filler.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I enjoyed when Satoshi rescued Genzou from the stampeding Kentauros, if only because it gave Fushigidane something to do. I chuckled when Genzou and his Goriky both injured their backs, but Genzou's lack of faith in Chigusa and Capoeira was disturbing. Nonetheless, I thought that Jirou's loss was rather anti-climactic.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Chigusa was just awesome. She had a great attitude towards training using those caporeia-like dancing techniques and I really liked how determined she was in pulling it off successfully

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode and decent battles. Good to see Hitmontop for the first time. It's also good to see Ash teaching Chigusa how to properly fight so she could win to defend the dojo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's also good to see Ash teaching Chigusa how to properly fight so she could win to defend the dojo.

While it totally fit Satoshi's character, I found it kind of ironic that he was used as a way of motivating Chigusa and Capoeira to become stronger, because it's not as if Satoshi could brag about being an expert battler at this point in the anime. He lost often in Jouto, so I didn't think he was qualified to instruct Chigusa.

Daizy

I call you honey
The fact that Chigusa's grandad wanted Ash to succeed him was funny in a messed up way. Can you imagine Ash running the dojo on his own?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Chigusa's grandad wanted Ash to succeed him was funny in a messed up way. Can you imagine Ash running the dojo on his own?

Satoshi at least had the skills, honor, and passion necessary for a dojo master, so he would've been suitable had Chigusa not taken the position herself.

This episode had so many cool martial arts themes like the dojo and the clothing that the dojo master wore. I liked seeing Hitmontop practice its spinning and how its trainer had to fight that dojo breaker guy in order to keep the dojo open. This episode also felt strange in a way because Ash and his friends didn't exactly do much throughout the episode and they mainly encouraged Chigusa.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
This episode also felt strange in a way because Ash and his friends didn't exactly do much throughout the episode and they mainly encouraged Chigusa.

Well I didn't mind seeing a character of the day try to do things her own way for once, although I felt that maybe Satoshi didn't get more involved because he didn't want the dojo master to keep asking him to take over the facility.

I really didn't like the idea of Ash being asked to run the dojo over that old man's own granddaughter since she was the obvious choice for that. I did like the dojo challenger though because he was the kind of character that I like to root for. He was mean but not exactly a villain and I liked that he inadvertently helped Chisuga train Hitmontop so that it would reach its true potential as a Fighting Pokemon. Team Rocket so so unneeded here. 7/10

Chisuga reminds me of Maylene plus her English dub actress voices Korrina...