• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two Teams for Rate

Which Team is Better?

• Team #1, more original and strategic.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Team #2, raw power!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're both great!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I have a better idea *POST*... (No legendaries please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ListlessHysteria

Hardly a Beginner
Editions are made in bold.
Okay, so I have two teams here that need rating, one that's best overall, and one that is best stats. I EV/IV train all Pokémon.

#1-Souped Stats:
Blissey- HP
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Shuckle- Defense and Special Defense
-Toxic
-Accupressure
-Rest
-Stone Edge

Alakazam- Special Attack
-focus blast
-psychic
-shadow ball
-energy ball

Ninjask- Speed
-X-scissor
-swords dance
-dig
-baton pass

Rampardos-Attack
-rock polish
-fire punch
-zen headbutt
-Rock Slide

Salamence-Balanced
-dragon claw
-fly
-brick break
-flamethrower

#2- Balanced Beating:
Slaking- Higher Stats than Legendaries
-gunk shot
-hammer arm
-return
-shadow claw

Tyranitar
-fire punch
-aerial ace
-crunch
-rock slide

Metagross
-ice punch
-earthquake
-zen headbutt
-meteor mash

Arcanine
-dragon pulse
-extremespeed
-flamethrower
-HP Electric

Electivire
-ice punch
-thunderbolt
-cross chop-psychic

Dragonite
-light screen
-roost
-toxic
-dragon claw

I'm sort of in love with flamethrower. I played on which attack stat was better, special or straight physical, and tried to include some status boosters.
Let me know!

Last edited:
Suggestions in bold.

Okay, so I have two teams here that need rating, one that's best overall, and one that is best stats. I EV/IV train all Pokémon.

#1-Souped Stats:
Blissey- HP
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Protect/Ice Beam

-Flamethrower

She doesn't really need Psychic here. Ice Beam gives you better offensive neutral hits. Toxic is there to wear the foe down for some additional damage. Blissey is meant to survive, so don't use Substitute.

Shuckle- Defense and Special Defense
-Toxic
-Encore
-Rest
-Stealth Rock/Stone Edge

If you must have some offensive move here, it should be Stone Edge. Either way, her Attack is TERRIBLE and you're better off making her a support Pokemon. Encore can be helpful to ease some switch ins for you. Power Trick might seem like a good idea, but think about Shuckle's stats. If you do Power Trick, you're stuck with a terrible Defense and she's already one of the slowest Pokemon out there, so any super-effective physical move would KO her.

If you must go with a more "offensive" set, use Acupressure.

Shuckle (Impish/Careful Nature) @Leftovers
-Acupressure
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-EQ
-Rest

Alakazam- Special Attack
-focus blast
-psychic
-Shadow Ball
-energy ball

Alakazam has bad defenses, so there's no need for Recover. Just use full offensive moves instead.

Ninjask- Speed
-X-scissor
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-Substitute

Why not go with Baton Pass here? She already gets free Speed boosts. Substitute can help stall out for Speed. If the foe doesn't attack when you use Substitute, then you have time to use Swords Dance before the Sub breaks. Then you can pass those boosts onto your Rampardos, Salamence, Shuckle (lol), etc.

Rampardos-Attack
-EQ
-fire punch
-zen headbutt
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

This thing already has bad defenses, so don't use Head Smash due to its recoil.

Salamence-Balanced
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast

-brick break
-Crunch

This is a mixed Salamence. You had too many Dragon moves on one set. Also, Tailwind is pointless when you could be using your Ninjask to pass Speed onto your teammates.

#2- Balanced Beating:
Slaking- Higher Stats than Legendaries
-Return
-EQ
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Claw/Sucker Punch

You need STAB here. Return is a very powerful move to use with Slaking. Focus more on her Attack rather than Sp.Attack, so go with Fire Punch over Flamethrower. Instead of Punishment, which depends on the opponent, use Shadow Claw or Sucker Punch.

Tyranitar
-fire punch
-Dragon Dance/Rock Polish
-Crunch
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

It's important to have STAB here too. Crunch and Stone Edge/Rock Slide get a lot of coverage, so they're too good to pass up.

Metagross
-ice punch
-earthquake
-zen headbutt
-meteor mash

This is fine

Arcanine
-Flamethrower or Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Grass/HP Electric/HP Water
-Extreme Speed

Since you have a lot of physical Pokemon already, you can go with a Sp.Attacking Arcanine

Electivire
-ice punch
-Thunderbolt
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower

A mixed Electivire.

Dragonite
-Light Screen
-Roost
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Dragon Claw

You don't have any support Pokemon on this team, so Dragonite could be one too. Your Pokemon on this team are overlapping roles. You have too many physical sweepers.

I'm sort of in love with flamethrower. I played on which attack stat was better, special or straight physical, and tried to include some status boosters.
Let me know!

I think the first team is better since your Pokemon fill more of a variety of roles. You have defense and offense as well as support on that team. :/

ListlessHysteria

Hardly a Beginner
I knew I had far too many physical sweepers. I needed some help to pick out support Pokémon, especially for the second team (though it was more of an in-game team, it doesn't matter as much, but I want to tackle some wi-fi battles and the tower). Thank you for your advice. :)