• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Two things, Nidoran and Snorlax

Bulk

Just two things that I wanted to know.

1) Nidoran has always had two genders. When you look at it in the third gen, it doesn't actually have a gender as it's in its name. My question is, now that each Pokemon has a sprite for male and a different one for female, will Nidoran become one Pokemon? What do you think?

2) My second query is that I am aiming to create the PERFECT Snorlax. I have raised one (to level 70) but I don't actually use him that much in my team. I would like to use one, as it seems fitting. So, my question is, could I please have some help on creating the perfect Snorlax? From moves to Evs. And from abilities to natures. I have looked around for a while but I just don't know what's best or how to go about it. If I could have some help, it'd be great.

Thanks.

dragonmaster_jonathan

Local Dragonmaster
1) Nidoran cant become one pokemon... it would mess up the pokedex.

2) Try to train a Snorlax with the immunity ability... I couldnt tell you about EVs and natures, but try to teach it the "Rest Combo" (Rest, Snore or Sleep Talk)

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
this should probably go into the rate my team section but owell
no never the rest combo, if anything combo rest with chesto berry

Snorlax@Quick Claw
;Immunity; Relaxed/Brave nature
Earthquake
Protect
Ice Beam
Body Slam

With E.V.'s in defence i'd say. however Chesto Berry could definitely mess with your opponent if you also had rest as a move. as for your ability thick fat could help you out in certain battles but i'd say overall immunity is better well relaxed nature raises your defence at the expence of speed whish is abhorently small anyway, or brave which raises your attack at the expence of speed.

Last edited:

Bulk

^ Then don't post...

Thanks Praetor, I'll try that for now. May as well give it a shot. The only problem with Chesto Berries is that I'd have to build up a supply but then I've got time.

Just let this die now.

Golden Latios

Plushie Latios
I don't think Nidoran can ever be one Pokemon! :p
To have a good Snorlax, I would raise its Speed and Defense the most, since it has an excellent Attack Stat already. Also, I would teach it the moves: Yawn, Rest, Hyper Beam and Headbutt.

hIrAm

Nidoran[F] =/= Nidoran[M]

1] It's not possible. They are different colours, different sizes and they have different attacks. They are two seperate Pokémon.

2] Smogon.

About the Nidorans, I think that they'll be seperate PKMN, but they won't have different gender sprites to go with them.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
The day the nidorans become one pokemon is the day volbeat and illumise become one pokemon.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
The day the nidorans become one pokemon is the day volbeat and illumise become one pokemon.

edit: Sorry, my computer messed up again...

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Praetor said:
this should probably go into the rate my team section but owell
no never the rest combo, if anything combo rest with chesto berry

Snorlax@Quick Claw
;Immunity; Relaxed/Brave nature
Earthquake
Protect
Ice Beam
Body Slam

With E.V.'s in defence i'd say. however Chesto Berry could definitely mess with your opponent if you also had rest as a move. as for your ability thick fat could help you out in certain battles but i'd say overall immunity is better well relaxed nature raises your defence at the expence of speed whish is abhorently small anyway, or brave which raises your attack at the expence of speed.

Please do not use this, as it is shite.

Snorlax@Leftovers
252 HP/120 Def/80 SpDef/58 Atk
Careful Nature
Thick Fat
Body Slam
Earthquake
Curse
Rest

Curselax. Earthquake > Shadow Ball ingame most of the time.

Snorlax@Leftovers, Quick Claw
252 Atk/252 HP/6 Def
Return
Selfdestruct
Shadow Ball
Protect, Rest, Earthquake

Boomlax. Works well in Double Battles. Is usuable in uber battles too.

Go to ingame RMT next time, and use smogon.com plz.

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
Bulk said:
Just two things that I wanted to know.

1) Nidoran has always had two genders. When you look at it in the third gen, it doesn't actually have a gender as it's in its name. My question is, now that each Pokemon has a sprite for male and a different one for female, will Nidoran become one Pokemon? What do you think?

2) My second query is that I am aiming to create the PERFECT Snorlax. I have raised one (to level 70) but I don't actually use him that much in my team. I would like to use one, as it seems fitting. So, my question is, could I please have some help on creating the perfect Snorlax? From moves to Evs. And from abilities to natures. I have looked around for a while but I just don't know what's best or how to go about it. If I could have some help, it'd be great.

Thanks.

In a game i know, there are a pretty nice snorlax knowing metronome, hyper beam, earthquake and sleep talk.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
1. Not gonna happen.

2. I'm not good with that stuff. But I would give it Rest and Snore, and maybe Body Slam.