1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Two UUs and a RU in a OU Team? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by CptDrDigi, Apr 25, 2012.

1. CptDrDigi

CptDrDigi Chickity China

Hi everybody, this is my current OU team (Well I say current, but I actually have a sandstorm team that I may post later on), and if I may say, It has worked for me pretty well. It's a bulky offense team, and as well all know those are the best sorta team. Anyway onto the Team!

[​IMG]
    Forretress @Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sdef.
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves:
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Gyroball

My main lead, he does everything I need him to do, he sets up spikes and toxic spikes and allows my sweepers to have some good ol' fun. Rapid Spin allows me to keep my half of the battlefield all nice and clean. And Finally Gyro Ball is there to do some damage to those faster lead pokes. And before any of you say it, I know Ferrothorn would do this job a bit better, but Ferro doesn't have Rapid Spin, an extremely needed help.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados @Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sdef.
    Nature: Impish
    Moves:
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Dragon Tail
    Waterfall

Ah, my like a boss shuffler. As anyone who has every faced Resttalk Gyarados knows, this set is scary. Be able to heal off damage and attack, scary. Being able to infect a whole team with poison, even more scary. Reducing a pokemon's attack stat and make your self even more bulky, the scariest. The only thing that really scares Gyarados is electric types, namely Jolteon, and I have the perfect counter to Jolteon in...

[​IMG]
    Porygon2 @ Eviorite
    Abirity: Trace
    Evs: 252 HP, 112 Def, 144 SDef.
    Nature: Calm
    Moves:
    Thunderbort
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Thunderwave

This is one of the best mixed walls in the game, and the first of my UU pokes. Porygon2 is able switch in whenever one of my pokes' main counters come in and promptly make them useless. BoltBeam (or in my case Bortbeam) gives me great coverage against pokes. Recover keeps me nice and healthy. And Thunderwave ruins faster threats or pokes that can levitate. Also extremely sorry if someone is offened by the Engrish in this pokemon's info.

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Evs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Volt Switch
    Hidden Power Fire

My main counter steel types and Ferrothorn. In my opinion, SpecsZone is the closest thing to a special Scizor. Nothing like taking a Specs boosted Thunderbolt to the face, not even ground types as long as I aim at the horn, right? No, well I guess Flash Cannon can take care of the ground types. Volt Switch allows me to switch out and keep momentum.

[​IMG]
    Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Return
    Crunch

Ah Snorlax, oh how you've fallen... I honestly can't believe Snorlax is UU. I think it's time to show that Snorlax is still able to hold it's own in OU. Curse allows me to patch up Snorlax's pitiful defense stat. Return becomes scary strong after a Curse boost or two. Earthquake and Crunch are for the Steels and Ghosts who try to end the mighty Snorlax's attacks.

[​IMG]
    Gallade @ Leftovers
    Ability: Steadfast
    Evs: 240 HP, 52 Atk, 216 SpDef
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Shadow Sneak
    Substitue

Ah, my main man from RU. This is my main counters for the ghost and psychics who can stop this team, mainly Gengar and Reuniclus. All I have to do really is, Bulk up, set up a Sub and procede to recover life with Drain Punch and cut down all those poke who try to stop me.

So there is my Bulky Offense team, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

2. Cosmic Potato

Cosmic Potato Sexy Trainer

you are horrendously weak to all Rotom-W and sand in general, expect a 6-0 any ttar/terrakion/Rotom-W/etc/etc/etc core will easily mutilate you.
    have a nice day

3. Usatoday

Usatoday Eternal God

Well that was the most general thing I've ever scene but anyways gallade will wall any rotom wash if it can set up but you do have a notable fighting weakness so maybe a chandelure over snorlax either sub split or a scarf one would work :)

4. zerocielX

zerocielX Togekiss Trainer

I think you missed the point of an RTM. If you find a flaw in the team, then give out suggestion to help remedy that.

Anyways, with that aside, you could try replacing one of your Pokemon with a Gliscor, to handle Terrrakion and Conkeldurr easily. You should also consider giving Forretress the Shed Shell or Volt Switch, to avoid becoming set up fodder to a Magnezone.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  5. CptDrDigi

CptDrDigi Chickity China

I will give Forretress the Shed Shell.
    And maybe switch Snorlax out for Gliscor, as out of the team he does contribute the least.

6. Mr. Marowak

Mr. Marowak was wrong about Gen6

UU's and RU, huh? I like your chops, kid.

Seriously, though. Forry needs Stealth Rock. Spikes can be layered, but rarely is it worth it over Rocks.
    As pre-mentioned, Washtom could dominate.