• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Type Casting (164)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Great episode, it was actually entertaining, especially Sudowoodo's dance. Sigh, why not give it to Brock here?

I liked that the researchers went out of their way to prove their hypothesis. Sudowoodo does resemble a tree but it's a Rock type. I liked when Sudowoodo tried to pretend to be a tree just so that it wouldn't be seen. Priceless.

I believe Brock tried to "lick" Sudowoodo at one point, though that may have been fanart I saw....10/10

G50

No longer posting
This was a very bizarre episode... It was cool seeing Sudowoodoo for the 1st time. It was very funny to watch especially when they tried to prove their hypothesis. Sudowoodoo's mimic was really cool when it was confusing everyone.

20/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was pretty weird. Sudowoodoo was pretty cool seeing it for the first time. Sudowoodoo is a pretty cool Pokemon.

6/10

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Gengar!
I noticed that the branches they showed Sudowoodo holding in a short clip were quite resemblant of the different seasonal designs of that new Deer Pokémon. Weird... Anyway this was an alright episode, although a little bit boring. Sudowoodo had one funny voice!

Blessed

A hilarious episode because of well, Psyduck! As well as Wobbuffet. It was nice that the two researchers got along in the end. I guess the Sudowoodo was a little bit of foreshadowing for Brock.

Last edited:

7threst

Hah, I remember this episode vividly. This episode really made me think highly about Sudowoodo and its abilities. Episodes with hilarious and comedic Pokémon like Sudowoodo are just great and probably this one of the better episodes from this season.

Brock, stop it! Stop licking the Pokemon! Down boy! Down!
But seriously, that was the best part of the whole episode. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was interesting how those two research scientists were arguing over Sudowoodo's type cuz when I was younger I thought it was a grass type myself ha ha. O and I liked Team rocket's tree disguises.

Gillachu

Banned
I think this was the episode where Brock licked Sudowoodo lol. I kind of wish that we had seen the Squirtbottle be used here like in the games.

JudySpell

Banned
Sudowoodo mimicking a tree just like in the games was a good touch but even that gimmick didn't help make this episode stand out to me. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I kind of wish that we had seen the Squirtbottle be used here like in the games.

I do kind of like when the show includes game elements, however the Squirtbottle was a minor thing even in GSC, so I didn't mind its exclusion in this Sudowoodo plot. ^^

UmbrionKnight

I saw this episode for the second time today!(Repeat 5:10am and I couldn't sleep.)

Goods points:
*Brock Licking Sudowoodo.(Hilarious)
*Sudowoodo using Mimic and confusing everyone.
*Sudowoodo had a nice voice.
*They Mentioned the SquirtBottle.

Bad Points:
*It got really confusing at some points.
*Ash, Misty and everybody making stupid comments.

9/10 a good filler episode!

Yeah, the comments weren't funny as they should be this episode.

I thought everyone in the Pokemon world or at least people in Johto knew that Sudowoodo was a Rock-type already. Brock licking Sudowoodo was funny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Koduck's encounter with the Usokkie was humorous, and I liked how Usokkie frantically dodged Waninoko's Water Gun attacks. Kojirou owning a Zenigame watering can was a nice game reference, and I thought that the Rocket-dan falling off the cliff when they grabbed Usokkie's fake branch was sardonic.

ZilverLox

Banned
How sad that Team Rocket got screwed so badly here. I mean, they actually found a wild Sudowoodo so they could be taken across the river just like the man wanted, but he doesn't believe it's real just because it wouldn't talk? Overall, I'm not a big fan of this episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought Sudowoodo was very entertaining. And I can understand both arguments on whether Sudowoodo is a Grass or Rock-type: I personally would have thought it would have been a Grass-type.

Vipsoccermaster

Good Sudowoodo episode. Back in the day, I was stumped about Sudowoodo, but it was clear that it is a Rock-type, as it clearly hates water. It should theoretically hate grass, too, but it took it from Chikorita to confuse the group. Clever use of Mimic. The researchers are annoying as it went on, but they finally got the answer in the end.