• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Type Combinations yet to be seen-

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
What I mean is, unique type combinations we never thought of having.

Personally I was stoked about Torterra and Empoleon! Grass/Ground and Water/Steel, respectively. Something I think the GAMEFREAK staff handled brilliantly! They both have immunities-Electric and Poison, best Grass Water starters created yet.

Now we have 17 Types

Normal
Grass
Fire
Water
Bug
Flying
Poison
Electric
Ground
Ghost
Fighting
Psychic
Dragon
Ice
Rock
Steel
Dark

Now think of the possible new combinations they could think of in the future. By that I mean they would never have a Fire/Dragon combination, not ever. But think of stuff like Water/Ghost or Fire/Rock, or Electric/Dark, anythings possible! Heck, even Steel/Poison!

Note: Move this if need to.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Why would they never have a Dragon/Fire?
Other then that nitpick, I must wonder why they don't already have a thread like this. It's a good idea.
A ghost/normal type is a very popular idea. Not that hard an idea to pull off, especially with Japan's impressive mythology (as well as that of the rest of the world), and it would have a tremendous amount of immunities- Three! Add to that it would only have one weakness - dark - and you have something amazing. Oh, and give it levitate. That's FOUR immunities!

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I'm just saying no Fire/Dragon combination because that's probably what everyone saw Charizard as, regardless that he's part-flying instead. It'll just overshadow him too much.

Mudkip kid

<--Will be mine!
Yeah i was just thinking of type combos like these. A poison/fire type could be an evolution of muk, but as a big tar pit. A fire/eletric type could be like a toaster.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
yeah Normal/Ghost seem like a good ideal

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
How about Fire Steel? That would be a good combination.

HEATRAN! Gen 4 Legendary, Stark Mountain. Not that all impressive anyways, (for a legendary), having that combo for a starter would be BRILLIANT!

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
How about a Dark/ Electric or a Dragon/ Fire like what was said before, I mean just make a pokemon based on the old European dragon mythology.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Fire/Psychic. Something that can psychically manipulate fire.

That would be awesome! like thinking of other epic fantasies and stuff, like a Blood Elf that always carries around a staff (Like Farfetch'd's Leak, or in some rare cases Kadabra/Alakazam's metal spoon(s))

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
Spacialrend: There is a fire rock. We have Magcargo.

Toastman: As for a fire steel we have Heatran as mentioned above.

I'd love the see the prospect of a Dark Psychic. That would make its only weakness four times bug. I would like that. Not to mention immune to Psychic which is always nice.

Some others I've always wanted were Fire/ Water. Like a hot-spring, or geyser type pokemon.

Dragon Ice would be beautiful, but we have enough dragons as is.

Steel/ Dark, Steel/ Poison would be cool.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Any ideas for combos to match the brilliance of Sinnoh's starters? (Torterra and Empoleon) Provded the starters will always be Grass, Fire and Water. God help me, If I see one more Fire/Fighting starter....

Dattebayo

Banned
Fighting/Dark and Dragon/Ice, that's all I could think of.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns

mooguts

Charizard Master
Fire/Ice and Fire/Poison would be awesome. Also Water/Grass and Poison/psychic would be nice, too.

coston89

Lurker of Legend
Fire/bug is my one wish for a pokemon. However it would be nice to see a pure flying type as well. Oh, fire/ghost and ground/ghost would be cool. Wisps and ghouls would be awesome.