• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Types that need more Pokemon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Pokemon types.
There are a lot of water types and normal types.
But that's not the question!
What type should have more Pokemon?
There are many that I am aware of that need more.
Amount of Pokemon in each type: (This does NOT include arceus! Arceus will only be mentioned with the normal types the same goes for Rotom forms they count as one and all other Pokemon that have different forms will be count as one.)
Please don't create Pokemon here you can do that in the create and rename
your own anything/and everything thread.

Bug: 44
Dark: 23
Dragon: 19
Electric: 28
Fighting: 25
Fire: 32
Flying: 65
Ghost: 18
Grass: 55
Ground: 48
Ice: 22
Normal: 80
Poison: 50
Psychic: 53
Rock: 37
Steel: 26
Water: 92

Looking at these results (I counted.) We need more Dragon types and Ghost types.
Ghost has the least amount of Pokemon.
~Post away.
Also: We have enough water types and normal types so I don't recommend anyone posting for more water types.

Bell56

The One and Only
Well you need to understand that certain types are supposed to be rare (ie: Dragon/Ghost and to a lesser extent Dark). But I do feel we need a few more of each of those types. So here is how many I think should be added to each type with the next gen.

Bug: 5
Dark: 8
Dragon: 4
Electric: 10
Fighting: 11
Fire: 9
Flying: 7
Ghost: 6
Grass: 6
Ground: 4
Ice: 10
Normal: 7
Poison: 6
Psychic: 4
Rock: 6
Steel: 7
Water: 5
TOTAL: 115

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
The only type we really need is, Bug, just for the fact that theya re the the most hated pokemon.

dagon22

Charmander master!
I would love to see more dark pokemon.

It makes sense that there are so many water pokemon, since the world is covered with it.

theschmizz

Silver Trainer
we need more strong poison types and strong fighting types. like maybe a weezing evolution and a special-based fighting type? here are how many i think should be added:
normal: 12
water: 15
fire: 12
grass: 14
electric: 10
fighting: 14
rock: 15
ground: 12
steel: 8
psychic: 12
dark: 10
ghost: 8
bug: 10
poison: 14
electric: 12
flying: 12
ice: 10
dragon: 8

total: 170, keep in mind that some of these are dual types, so theres probably about 110 total new pokemon.

petstock

I know you said we don't need more water types but like someone above said the world is covered in water and thier are heaps more fish in the sea. Also i reakon more grass types are needed seeing as thier are many more types of flowers and weeds that gf can turn into pokemon.

yeminied

I think more steel and fire types need to be added in the next generation, not saying there will be one. Here are the type amounts I think should be present if I were in charge of making another generation of Pokemon

Bug=8
Dark=6
Dragon=7
Electric=10
Fighting=8
Fire=8
Flying=13
Ghost=6
Grass=12
Ground=9
Ice=11
Normal=16
Poison=9
Psychic=6
Rock=5
Steel=7
Water=14

According to this there will be a total of 155 types in my generation, bear in mind that there will be a number of double typed Pokemon so the real number of Pokemon might be somewhere around 120 which I think would be a good number.

I agree with "theschmizz" that there should be some more stronger poison and fighting types. I would also like to see some more powerful electric types(that being my favorite type) and some more powerful ice(since I like them as well). I would like to see two dual typed electric flying and ice flying types, that would be cool.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
The only thing i know we need is some bug types without severe crippling weaknesses and some actual backbone! A few more steel types would also be nice, such as, oh lets say 5.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
I think both fire and Dragon need at least 9 new 1's in future gens. OR you cud just FIANLLY give us a Fire-Dragon

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I wouldn't mind some more steel and dark types ^_^ those types always seem under staffed

Josiah

is your favorite
I don't think the amount of each type matters so much as the availability of each type. For example, the numbers for the dragons types looks like more than the ghost type, but there are more evolution families for ghosts. If we went by the number of final forms for each type then the stats would be different. The dragon types are emphasized in the games simply because all but Altaria or legendaries are three stagers. There's less variety of common dragons than of common ghosts (10 fully evolved ghosts and one legendary, 6 fully evolved dragons and 6 legendaries). The dragons need to diversify a bit by adding two-stagers and non-evolving Pokemon. To show a more realistic representation of the types it'd probably be better to show by number of fully evolved regular Pokemon and number of Legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
Let's see...

We need like 16, maybe 24 more Fire types.

We also need more Ice types.

We're really gonna need at least one pure Flying Type.

We could sure use more Green Pokemon, more Yellow Pokemon, more Black Pokemon, more White Pokemon and more Red Pokemon. Blue's pretty, but it's becoming more like a rather mediocre color.

Oh yes, we could use some more Ghost types.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
I would love some new, non-legendary dragon types.
Not just another 3 evoultion (like Gible-Garchomp), but some single/double evolutions you can find in the wild.

K-Mart

I think ice needs a lot more types. Poison and bug need some strong representitives for theire type. Dragon/Fire Dragon/Water Dragon/Grass or Dragon/Electic would be awesome, but too bad Nintendo and GF would make it legendary, Most Ubers/Legendaries are stupid anyway. There should be less legendaries in the next gen, and better starters, like they had in 1st and 2nd generations, where it took you a long time to pick a starter because each one of them had just as many advantages as all the others.