• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Types that you Must/Musn't Have

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
are there any types or team building tactics you use for in-game storyline.

i always used to have a:
fire
water
Grass
flying
misc.
misc.

but now i have a:
Flying
Water
Fire*
Grass**
Psychic

* if not fire then a fighting and ground type
** if not grass then an electric type
*** i NEVER have bug types unless its a heracross, i NEVER have ghost types and i NEVER EVER EVER have legendaries

Like many people I try and get the core types. Water, Grass and Fire although Hoenn was kind of difficult to achieve this, and if i wanted those types in diamond/pearl i would have to use chimchar because the only other fire type was ponyta which is just terrible.

SuperEpicRock

I always have to have a flying type (for fly) and a water type (for surf), then usually a fire and/or electric. And a ground, for STAB earthquake.

As for types I never use, there isn't really anything. I pretty much try to balance out types, though I almost never use bug or dark types. Not because I don't like using the type, the pokes available just don't appeal to me as much.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I use

Fire/Fighting (or Ghost)
Water/Steel
Grass/Ground
Dragon/(type I'm not using yet)
Psychic/Flying (or another type im not using)
(And a dual type that I'm not yet using)

This is an effort to cover all of my weaknesses.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
same , i forgot to mention dragon, i too try to cover all weaknesses, or at least all the gym leaders and elite four

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
I usually just get random Pokemon that are at least spread out a little. Maybe a water type or a fire type or something like that. But sometimes I do find my team leaning more towards one type. Like in Heartgold when aout 70% of my team was either fire or flying type. ^^;

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I usually just catch what ever type as long as it works with my team( I don't want to have 5 members weak to one type). The only thing I have to have is something that can learn surf, so a water type. And usually someone that can learn fly, although I sometimes go without this one

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
1/2 water types are a must
2/3 of grass/fire/electric/ground
a flyer
1/2 poison/steel/bug
rarely use dark/ghost/psychic/fighting/ice
never use dragons or legendaries

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
If I have Water starter, I really see no point finding an Ice type. And I usually never bother with Bug - unless it's Heracross.