• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Typhlosion with Discharge?

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Pokemon Silver and Pokemon FireRed said:
It has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.
As seen above, Typhlosion's Pokedex entries often hint at some kind of explosive attack. As of yet, the only attack that comes even close is Overheat- and that's still a long ways off.

Throughout most of the 3rd gen, Typhlosion has been a pretty sub-standard fire type, yet back in the day it could learn Thunderpunch, a move that was reasonably powerful, and could counter its main weakness: Water.
Emerald brought this move back, but D/P are likely going to make Thunderpunch run off its less-powerful Physical attack.

The Pokedex hints that Typhlosion creates its explosions by use of static electricity, and Discharge seems to be very fitting as an explosive attack- hurting all Pokemon on the field.
With the ability to already learn one Electric attack, and a new attack that fits Typlosions abilities perfectly, could Discharge be Generation IV's answer to a Special Electric attack for our beloved fire-weasel monster?

Discuss.

kennyj92

Beginning Trainer
Is that attack powerful enough for typholsion, it only has 80 base atack power, but still i like that idea

rocky505

well it could happen but most likely not.

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
Mystic Power said:
80 is still pretty powerful isn't t-punch only 75? not sure don't quote me on that

Yes, T-Punch is 75. I think he has a point here, that'd be the perfect attack for our beloved fire weasel/monster/thing.

EDIT: Aw man, someone beat me to it.

AWP123

Thunder Trainer
Discharge would make Thyplosion the greatest fire pokemon ever!

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
AWP123 said:
Discharge would make Thyplosion the greatest fire pokemon ever!

Actually, probably not. Blaziken would probably still surpass it, or at least tie it. Keep in mind that now Blaziken can get T-Punch and Blaze Kick on it's physical stat.

kennyj92

Beginning Trainer
But he was talking about typholsions explosion attack, i thought that discharge wasnt powerful enough, thunder punch is different from discharge

Arca-Assinine

Locked & loaded.
Would be fitting. By the way, I do have a little idea, but just to clarify, what does Discharge do exactly?

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
Arca-Assinine said:
Would be fitting. By the way, I do have a little idea, but just to clarify, what does Discharge do exactly?

From what I can tell, it unleashes a LOT of electricity, hurting every Pokemon on the field (presumably including the user) for 80 damage.

That would be a great move for typhlosion

Melon

Lost in Translation
Anyway, I want my typhlosion to become stronger !!
I don't want to see it flee anytime it will be in front of a Water type pokemon !!

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
duelistXmist said:
How can it learn discharge?It doesnt make sense to me. :S

Did you read the first post? It's Pokedex entry says it rubs its fur together to make an explosion with static electricity, which is what discharge is.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
duelistXmist said:
How can it learn discharge?It doesnt make sense to me. :S

Easy. Rubbing its fur together generates the static electricity, which it then discharges in a huge explosion.

friessi

Boulder Trainer
Goody, Typhlosion hitting itself for 80 base special damage.

Doesn't sound too good to me. If it doesn't hit the user, then it'd be great.

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
friessi said:
Goody, Typhlosion hitting itself for 80 base special damage.

Doesn't sound too good to me. If it doesn't hit the user, then it'd be great.

Recoil is the least of its worries. Typhlosion doesn't have the defence to last more than a couple turns, so all you need it for is it's Speed and Electric attacks to waste a few Water or Flying types, then be KO'd honourably.