• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Typhlosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jh941

I have recently been watching different episodes of the anime, and realized just how little Typhlosion has been shown. Overall I think there has been 3 shown, one had a two second cameo, one was in a special, and the other was around Ash's fourth badge in Hoenn.

So my question is this, why do you think it has been shown so little?

Personally, I would have thought it is quite marketable, being a good final evolution of a starter, so I was quite surprised to see this was the case.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Johto was horrible with showcasing Pokemon. Typloshion never actually appears in any Johto episode...which is mind blowing considering its a fully evolved starter.

Outside of the Raikou special, the only time we see Typlosion is during Flannery's Gym arc in Hoenn when her grandfather uses it against TR.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Doesn't Ash have one? Maybe I'm wrong.

_Snivy

Lover
Did he ever evolve that Quilava? I don't remember. ^_^

Did he ever evolve that Quilava? I don't remember. ^_^

Cyndaquill evoled in the Sinnoh League, it hasn't made it to it's third stage.

jh941

Na he only just evolved his Cyndaquil into Quilava, so yeah it could well evolve at a latter stage, I could see Ash with a Typhlosion actually.

But yeah it only appeared in Hoenn, I can't believe it didn't even get a Johto League battle, its quite a let down for it

silent_control

Would be really cool! I used Typhlosion so much in the games!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
There are two Quilava on the supporting cast so we may see Typhlosion sooner or later. He definitely drew the short straw though. Feraligatr hasn't had the best showing though beyond one sumo tournament either. The Johto starters got barely any love. Croconaw and Quilava suffered too.

jh941

It was shown a lot in Legend of Thunder, it looked really cool too.

Yeah your right it did and I enjoyed that special too, but apart from that its barely been shown

There are two Quilava on the supporting cast so we may see Typhlosion sooner or later. He definitely drew the short straw though. Feraligatr hasn't had the best showing though beyond one sumo tournament either. The Johto starters got barely any love. Croconaw and Quilava suffered too.

Yeah I can see Ash's one evolving at a later stage which is good, but I just cant believe it has not appeared more, as I thought one big point of the anime was to market the games and I would have thought all the Johto starters and evolutions would have been very marketable

Status
Not open for further replies.