• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tyranitar Moveset

xKhaoZ

Banned
Hey, I'm new at the whole competitive battling thing, and want to use Tyranitar as my lead. But I'm not great with movesets yet, so any suggestions for a decent moveset for him would be great.

First off, TTar shouldn't be your lead. Brick Break Weaville.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Jolly/Adamant Nature (+Spd/Atk -SAtk)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance

xKhaoZ

Banned
First off, TTar shouldn't be your lead. Brick Break Weaville.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Jolly/Adamant Nature (+Spd/Atk -SAtk)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance
Cool, thanks for the help

xgina

Banned
HEY KIDS SWITCHING DOESN'T EXIST

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spd
- Crunch
- Earthquake/Pursuit
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge

another option

Phiphler

Ahoy, scurvies!
A good DDtar needs Taunt though. If your team already has excessive EQing anyway, go with Dragon Dance / Stone Edge / Crunch / Taunt, to use the STAB.

If you dont have that much EQ, replace either Stone Edge or Crunch with EQ.

This set is lategame sweeping, it will DD up, Taunt Skarmory and other things that could PHaze you, and generally kick alot of... you know...

The_Panda

恭喜發財
For DD-Tar,
Go with this.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
EVs: 252ATT / 252SPD
Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Taunt stuffs Hazers who want to ruin the party, and makes walls, counters (especially STalkers). Crunch covers almost nothing that Stone Edge or Earthquake don't, if not anything.

Ever heard of Pokemon of the Week?

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Crunch is pretty much a cert on Tar lol. Crunch is more important then EQ.

Taunt isn't actually needed. The things that you would actually need to Taunt you beat easily anyway.

HollyGR

italian trainer
my tyranitar have this set:

stone edge ,,, stabbed move
earthquake ... not need to support move to destroy enemy XD
ice punch
crunch - stab XD

XDXD this pkmn is a physical destroyer :p

Last edited: