• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tyranitar Wont Die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.F.A.P.

Big Boss
My brother once again, has a defense that is very hard for me to beat.

What will make his Tyranitar look like a Bidoof??

pichu_power

But Never Again...
You'll need to have a Pokemon with a pretty good DEFENSE stat [the one that is countered against his Tyranitar's moves] Since he has a high defense, his other stats must have a weak point; You'll need either a really fast strong attacker [Maxed Speed and either Sp Attk or Attk Lucario] or an incredibly resistant Pokemon. [Shuckle?]

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
uhh a special fighting move

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Try Bronzong or a Gyarados.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Physical fighting attack or water move in rain. Reason: Sandstorm makes T-tar get a 1.5 Special Defense boost. Therefore, he's able to withstand some decent special moves. Either change the weather and strike with a boosted water move or hit him with a 4x Super Effective fighting move, such as Close Combat, Brick Break, or even Mach Punch from something strong. Steel works nicely as well.

Tiomasta

Not amused
Tyranitar has auto-Sandstorm, which again raises the Sp.Def, so a physical attack might be better.
Tyranitar has a 4x weakness to Fighting.

Infernape's Close Combat
Heracross' Close Combat
Lucario's Close Combat/Aura Sphere

Etc. I don't if Aura Sphere would be an OHKO, but pretty much any Close Combat like that will OHKO tyrant.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Basically, I think you should have a pokemon that is pretty fast (at least faster than Tyrantitar) and with a really good Attack or Sp. Attack, and then teach it a somewhat or high powered Fighting type move. The move should be Attack or Sp. Attack depending on your pokemon's stats.

MR.3D

So Pro ftw
the perfect counter... a breloom spore machpunch it will 2HKO t-tar no matter what :p

jusnor

Hmmm how to get a tyranitar to look like a bidoof??
I got it!
You go to Google images print a picture of a bidoof and sticky tape it onto the screen where the tyranitar is.

PikaYou

I remember when I did Bullet Punch on Tyranitar and it didn't die lol. Yea he got nice def stat. I suggest you use close combat on him.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Lucario CC doesn't always OHKO without a boost... Heracross and Gallade are more likely to OHKO

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Rock Smash. >:]

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Hmmm, I wonder...quite the mystery, what could POSSIBLY beat a t tar? What? Hm...OMG, its practically invincible, with a weakness to choice band STAB Earthquake, Choice Specs Hydro Pump, Life Orb Hydro Pump, CB Metagross M Mash, Life Orb M Mash from M gross, CB Scizor X Scizor, SD powered bullet punch from scizor, and if NONE of these options works for some reason or another, there must be something that can beat it right? but what... Olook, its FOUR times weak to fighting, so that means..Close Combat from Anything, and i mean anything, even Un STAB ed or boosted wil OHKO.

Final

I Submit to No One
What will make his Tyranitar look like a Bidoof??

Machamp. Has the Defenses to handle anything Tyranitar can throw at it except for maybe a boosted Focus Punch (which Tyranitar doesn't carry often), resists both its STAB moves and has either Close Combat or DynamicPunch or to a lesser extent Cross Chop to take it out. Hariyama works in much the same way. Lucario has a 4x resist to both of Tyranitar's STAB moves but needs to worry about Earthquake, Focus Punch, and fire moves should Tyranitar carry them If it can get in on Tyranitar, it can take it down with Close Combat or Aura Sphere. Aura Sphere however can be withstood if Tyranitar invests heavily in HP and Special Defense.

MR.3D said:
the perfect counter... a breloom spore machpunch it will 2HKO t-tar no matter what :p

A Choice Banded Stone Edge can 2HKO it if it doesn't have enough defensive investment. It also has to worry about Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Fire Blast if Tyranitar carries them. Machamp has the defenses and neutrality to those moves to take them.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Status
Not open for further replies.