• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S Airline Crashing Into Hudson River

U.S Airline Crashes Into The Hudson River

Just a while ago, a plane crashed into the Hudson River and it wasn't a terrorist attack, but the reporters are saying that the plane crashed into a flock of geese and some of the geese damaged the engine. The pilot had to land the plane because of the damage to the engine, but they were able to call for help and were able to crash near ferries that were there to help them. This is what reporters are reporting.

I'm surprise the cause of it was geese, it really shocked me.

What do you guys think about this?

Here is the link: http://news.aol.com/article/plane-crashes-in-hudson-river/308358

Last edited:

Yogurt

Hmm that's odd. Do you have a link to the story lol?

Profesco

gone gently
Yep, the good old Hudson river. This was quite a close-to-home disaster.

They say testing planes is done by shooting chickens out of cannons at their windshields. Somebody must have let this plane pass the test on a curve.

Yogurt

Amazing they all got out alive + thanx for the link :3

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Yeah they throw them through the propellers to make sure that they'd be able to handle it. I can only hope that from now on they run tests on geese now, if not to be safer then at least to aid the war on geese.

thats what Im glad about to...

its also amazing how no one got hurt too bad or killed.

that is true and the only thing that happened to the passengers is that some of them have hypothermia, but that is just mostly it. Thank God no one died.

Spookz

Lumos
They say testing planes is done by shooting chickens out of cannons at their windshields. Somebody must have let this plane pass the test on a curve.
Haha, except the article said it was the engine that was damaged- not the windshield.

Anyway, geese ≠ terrorists.

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
Fascinating, I learned something new today.

Poor birdies. ]:

Oh, and I bet the passengers are traumatized to an extent, too...

Profesco

gone gently
Haha, except the article said it was the engine that was damaged- not the windshield.

Anyway, geese ≠ terrorists.

We can't be sure of that, can we? Geese have the potential. Just look at this:

Yeah they throw them through the propellers to make sure that they'd be able to handle it. I can only hope that from now on they run tests on geese now, if not to be safer then at least to aid the war on geese.

See? We're at war.

What fowl creatures, these geese.

Ninterror X

The bird brain.

and so far it looks like they get an A+ for not crashing into any buildings. unlike the other student during 9/11/01

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Wow. I have been reading differant storys bout this. It sounds like evreyone is okay.

Boomintheroom

Its actually (and obviously) quite a serious problem if a bird flies into an engine of a plane. Its not the first time its happened but its the worst case I've seen.

On an alternative notes, doesnt anyone remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and the scene on the beach with the Messerschmidt?

Haha, I just walk downstairs and my family is all staring at the tv, so I'm like "?" and they're watching the news about it right now.

But that's good that everyone survived. But dude. like imagine being in that water? IT'S SO COLD ATM. D:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Yeah I stepped out of the shower(no school due to cold day its like -40 in Green Bay right now) and it was on. I'm still surprised that he landed the plane and it didnt sink. Im glad everyone got out alive though