• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Navin

MALDREAD
Add Trump's PTSD comments today to the list of disqualifying statements.

It's just disturbing that people are going to vote for him on Election Day as a viable candidate.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If they still followed him after "I like people who weren't captured", they're not going to affected at all by these PTSD comments.

Remix2

Add Trump's PTSD comments today to the list of disqualifying statements.

It's just disturbing that people are going to vote for him on Election Day as a viable candidate.

This is trump we're talking about, not matter with awful thing he'll say he will badly go down in the polls. Heck in some cases, he will go up in the polls sometimes.

Mordent99

Banned
Ravenous dogs will follow anyone who feeds them.

Just like haters will blindly follow anyone who promises them the Social Darwinist Machiavellian America they dream of, where they're free to treat minorities like garbage and don't have to share with anyone.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
To be honest, I don't think Trump's PTSD talk was that bad... ..on its own.

However, like Sonic Boom alluded to briefly, this is something he said about how Trump only likes people who aren't captured.

Study on PTSD and suicide said:
Studies of at-risk individuals ... yield variable findings, with the highest rates . . . found among survivors of rape, military combat and captivity, and ethnically or politically internmentand genocide."'

So considering that people who had been military hostages, there could easily be a relationship between being captured, and suicidal thoughts from PTSD.

So, though I despise Trump, the phrasing "can't handle it", while naive to the situation, doesn't really indicate anything.
However, combining it with a previous statement about how real heroes aren't captured throws any chance of redemption.

I don't think Trump has anything reminiscent of a filter, so the amount of conflicting statements he makes is pretty high. That being said, there are definitely "Trump apologists" around.

I don't want to defend Trump, or come across that way. It's just that the bad wording could be skipped over if it was the only thing said over the matter.

Edit: And if there is something that I am not understanding, feel free to speak up (you know, in a even disposition).
Edit 2: Also forgot to link to the study. Here you go.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't want to defend Trump, or come across that way. It's just that the bad wording could be skipped over if it was the only thing said over the matter.

If he wasn't potentially using political donations for similar purposes to what he used his "charity"'s money for, maybe he could hire someone to help him have more eloquence than a rock. But, you know, his ego's too big for that anyway, so I don't know why I even suggested it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If he wasn't potentially using political donations for similar purposes to what he used his "charity"'s money for, maybe he could hire someone to help him have more eloquence than a rock. But, you know, his ego's too big for that anyway, so I don't know why I even suggested it.
It's fair to say that many of the Trumpisms we get are offensive at even face value.

However, the PTSD comment isn't want I would call "offensive at face value". Saying they "can't handle it" could very well be simple phrasing (like "can't take it anymore").

I have suffered PTSD myself (though not on war veteran levels), and there were times that I needed the support because I had trouble "handling" the situation by myself.

Having said all of that, this doesn't mix well with how John McCain wasn't a hero because he was captured. I also doubt that Trump has any sincerity with any concern for other people.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It's a bad thing because it just perpetuates the stereotype. Suicidal people don't reach out because they feel they'll get a negative stigma, and calling them weak only makes it worse, especially to someone not in the right state of mind.

Though I do find irony in people taking Trump lines and trying to mangle a not terrible meaning out of them, while Hillary will either say a good thing or not say anything at all and have people act like she's saying the worst things imaginable.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Leaked audio form Hillary private conversations with donors and well let just say it one of the reasons why she have touble with getting millennial votes.

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-center-right/

I don't really find that too damning, though. She's speaking to people by trying to negotiate different perspectives and goals. I'd rather have someone tell me the truth about opportunity and provide a plan on how to achieve more than someone who talks in vague hyperbole saying I can achieve anything. Harsh realities are hard to accept, but I think by her becoming president, there will be more opportunities for people like Sanders to push their agenda. I look forward to that.

Silver Soul

Leaked audio form Hillary private conversations with donors and well let just say it one of the reasons why she have touble with getting millennial votes.

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-center-right/

Bernie Sanders actually said that Clinton is wait for it... correct about her statements. But the only thing that gets me is why is Gary Johnson getting millennial support when Clinton and Sanders are more closer in policies? Is it because of muh weed?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Bernie Sanders actually said that Clinton is wait for it... correct about her statements. But the only thing that gets me is why is Gary Johnson getting millennial support when Clinton and Sanders are more closer in policies? Is it because of muh weed?

we're just ill-informed and hate the system.

bobjr

Staff member
I don't get why Hillary wouldn't say she's more progressive, she really is more left than most Democrats in her generation. She's not at Bernie's level but she's more left than Biden, Bill Clinton, and is about the same as Obama.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
both of these candidates suck at debating.

next.

bobjr

Staff member
VP debates have literally never mattered. Joe Biden slamming Paul Ryan didn't even do anything.

Ketaru

Whether or not VP debates matter, I think Kaine did a huge disservice to Clinton tonight. He was embarrassing to watch. And this is bearing mind I loathe Mike Pence.

bobjr

Staff member
Most immediate reactions are point to a minor Kaine win. It didn't help that Pence lied through his teeth and was focusing more on setting himself up for the future rather than helping Donald Trump.