• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
She wasn't a key member of writing it, it was made by George W. Bush and coauthored by republicans mostly. She was focused on making sure the schools that were falling behind get the help they need, but it didn't work out that way, and that wasn't her fault. It also passed the Senate and House with 95% support, the only non supporters being slash education types. Also it's mostly gone now, replaced by the Every Student Succeeds Act, with it being up to state governments now.

The fact that she puts "key member of shaping the NCLB Act" on her website rather than what you said opens a new can of worms.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
She shaped it, but then schools that did well complained they didn't get the funding when they were doing better, then it all went pear shaped and the schools that did need help didn't get it. Like the intent of the bill wasn't bad, it was what happened when the bill was put into effect, when it became out of her control.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
She shaped it, but then schools that did well complained they didn't get the funding when they were doing better, then it all went pear shaped and the schools that did need help didn't get it. Like the intent of the bill wasn't bad, it was what happened when the bill was put into effect, when it became out of her control.

Still, why would she put something like shaping an act with such a negative connotation on her site? Seems really counterproductive if you're trying to win voters. Then again, she can put I HATE *insert American pastime* and still gain voters from former Trump supporters and moderates.

Ketaru

There are still sides to this. No one here is saying Hillary is perfect, but considering Trump is a possible rapist/definite sexual assaulter who runs businesses into the ground while having serious narcissism issues it's hard to look at it as an evil vs. evil thing.

Pretty much. Nobody particularly likes Clinton. But between Clinton and Trump, she is the only candidate really qualified to be the face of the United States. If Trump is losing in the polls, it's because he has demonstrated as much during the debates. Prior to them, he was tied or even leading in the polls.

Another point that hits closer to home is his relentless alienation of minorities. Clinton's voters are pretty much convinced that, no matter how difficult a pill she is to swallow (made all the more difficult every time Wiki leaks releases something about her), she is the best chance we have of averting some of Trump's more problematic policies. And Trump has made no move to try and assuage those concerns. Sure, we have Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. I know plenty of people voting for them out of conscience. Good for them. Their candidates are going to lose though. The only question is how many votes they will siphon away from Clinton and Trump.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Voting 3rd Party is based off the calculus that you can afford to cast a protest vote so that you can tell your friends, family and coworkers about it for the next month as though it was a virtuous act and not you edging the Democratic system.

You're basically counting on the people who can't afford to be as smug and entitled as you the women, minorities, and marginalized, who Trump represents a threat to the continued existence of to do the heavy lifting of democracy so that you can Facebook thinly veiled messages about your unique ideas about how the system is broken and we need real leftist/libertarian government.

Navin

MALDREAD
I have been reading some insightful neutral pieces lately about the sentiment of white USA, especially in rural America, and the feeling of being left behind with no opportunity and the alien culture of the cities and the elites.

If Hillary wins the race, there's definitely going to be a lot of changes in the GOP. Perhaps the Tea Party will separate from the other Republicans and appeal to the pro-Trump alt-right crowd.

Sure, we have Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. I know plenty of people voting for them out of conscience. Good for them. Their candidates are going to lose though. The only question is how many votes they will siphon away from Clinton and Trump.

Honestly though, it's not as if Stein or Johnson had the most applicable beliefs either. Especially Johnson. Sanders got Clinton to agree to the most liberal DNC platform, so his supporters should definitely flock over to her rather than launching a random protest vote for a candidate whose policies they may not even know (Stein).

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
The mainstream media's FULL OF BULLSH*T.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Am I the only one here who feels maybe it's time to close this thread? Or at least rename it to the "dump on trump" thread? Cause that's what it's turned into and it's not a debate if there's only one side to it. OK we get it; u think trump is satan incarnate and his supporters are a bunch of backwards thinkers (leftists/SJWs love to remind people it's the current year after all), well Hilary is no shining beacon of perfection either!!! Elections are not good vs evil; it's evil vs moar evil. Pretty much every election in the history of man has come down to the lesser of 2 evils, this election being the prime example. The thing is it seems like I'm the only trump sopporter on these forums (or at least the only one who will openly discuss it),and I don't feel like posting on this thread anymore cause when your outnumbered 10 to 1 no matter what the argument, u cannot win. So with all the trump supporters no longer posting in the thread and only billary supporters remaining,, instead of waiting for Election Day or Inauguration Day or whenever the mods plan to close this thread it should just be shut down now and save everyone the hassles between now and Election Day.

Lol, so basically shut down the thread because people are calling out how awful a candidate trump is. Get real man.

Mordent99

Banned
Am I the only one here who feels maybe it's time to close this thread?

Yes, but far from the only one who think you're a sore loser.

Or at least rename it to the "dump on trump" thread?

Id support a separate thread for that.

Cause that's what it's turned into and it's not a debate if there's only one side to it.

This isn't a debate. I'd be glad to direct you to a real one.

OK we get it; u think trump is satan incarnate and his supporters are a bunch of backwards thinkers

NOW you get the picture.

...well Hilary is no shining beacon of perfection either!!!

Nobody is, but she's competent at her job and not a demagogue.

Elections are not good vs evil;

They're better than the alternative.

...it's evil vs moar evil. Pretty much every election in the history of man has come down to the lesser of 2 evils, this election being the prime example.

Right, that's what Hobbes said, and it's doubtful anyone in this day and age agrees.

The thing is it seems like I'm the only trump sopporter on these forums (or at least the only one who will openly discuss it),and I don't feel like posting on this thread anymore cause when your outnumbered 10 to 1 no matter what the argument, u cannot win.

You're the same as any other Trump supporters. Believe me, I like threads with only one and you're more lucid than most.

So with all the trump supporters no longer posting in the thread

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

... and only billary supporters remaining

Insults towards Ms. Clinton don't help your case.

...instead of waiting for Election Day or Inauguration Day or whenever the mods plan to close this thread it should just be shut down now and save everyone the hassles between now and Election Day.

I actually look forward to Election Day, and if you support him so much, then by all means, get out and vote for him on November 28th, like he told you to, kay?

Truly Deceptive

'Cause nuclear war with Russia's way better than getting a president with a prejudiced opinion against Hispanics.

Just deal with the fact that some people actually acknowledge (and recognize the threat in the fact) that Hillary didn't legally win that.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
and you base this information on what?

Ketaru

I have been reading some insightful neutral pieces lately about the sentiment of white USA, especially in rural America, and the feeling of being left behind with no opportunity and the alien culture of the cities and the elites.

If Hillary wins the race, there's definitely going to be a lot of changes in the GOP. Perhaps the Tea Party will separate from the other Republicans and appeal to the pro-Trump alt-right crowd.

Honestly though, it's not as if Stein or Johnson had the most applicable beliefs either. Especially Johnson. Sanders got Clinton to agree to the most liberal DNC platform, so his supporters should definitely flock over to her rather than launching a random protest vote for a candidate whose policies they may not even know (Stein).

It's a shame. I do applaud Stein for protesting the North Dakota pipeline, though- whether she did it for publicity or because she truly believes in the cause. Every other candidate has remained completely silent on the topic.

Cause nuclear war with Russia's way better than getting a president with a prejudiced opinion against Hispanics.

Just deal with the fact that some people actually acknowledge (and recognize the threat in the fact) that Hillary didn't legally win that.

Because opinion is translating into policy in this case? To the population being targeted, "Just be thankful we're not killing you for arbitrary reasons" is of little consolation.

From where I stand, I already know Trump is being advised by a board that endorses conversion "therapy", has pledged to sign an act giving religious groups the ability to circumvent anti-discrimination laws, has promised to select federal judges who would overturn Obergefell v. Hodges, and has picked Mike Pence (of all people) as a running mate. What is effectively "We may want to undermine your civil liberties, but at least we're not throwing you off buildings like ISIS" are empty words of support and are not good enough. It may sound like a social single issue to you. But for the people being affected, it's healthcare, it's job security, it's being treated equally under the law, and it's the threat of decades of progress suddenly going in the wrong direction. After all, what good does a bigger pie do you if people are trying to keep you have having a fair share of it?

Last edited:

Remix2

Voting 3rd Party is based off the calculus that you can afford to cast a protest vote so that you can tell your friends, family and coworkers about it for the next month as though it was a virtuous act and not you edging the Democratic system.

You're basically counting on the people who can't afford to be as smug and entitled as you the women, minorities, and marginalized, who Trump represents a threat to the continued existence of to do the heavy lifting of democracy so that you can Facebook thinly veiled messages about your unique ideas about how the system is broken and we need real leftist/libertarian government.

We do need a real leftists government so we can get stuff done and be on par with other modern nations.

I mean it not hard to get single payer, healthcare good education system and a higher minimum wages.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
'Cause nuclear war with Russia's way better than getting a president with a prejudiced opinion against Hispanics.

Not liking Hispanics is one thing. Proposing genocide against them is quite another.

And before you accuse Hillary of stealing elections, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyC-wt8I80

know why I like Keith? He's brutally honest, and speaks his mind.

Truly Deceptive

Proposing genocide? When did Trump do that?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Fear mongering is the only defense trumpets have left now.

Mordent99

Banned
Proposing genocide? When did Trump do that?

Here's another video where Keith explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCJodaZkm8o&t=3s

In case you don't get what he's saying, I'll say it here Trump would have to create concentration camps to make his goal a reality.

And btw, don't give me the "Trump never said that" or "I never said it excuse, because I'm tired of the "exact words" crap, and IMOHO, anyone who does not condemn his proposed actions supports them. Especially the guys who claim modern Democrats are responsible for atrocities committed before Lincoln took office.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Here's another video where Keith explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCJodaZkm8o&t=3s

In case you don't get what he's saying, I'll say it here Trump would have to create concentration camps to make his goal a reality.

And btw, don't give me the "Trump never said that" or "I never said it excuse, because I'm tired of the "exact words" crap, and IMOHO, anyone who does not condemn his proposed actions supports them. Especially the guys who claim modern Democrats are responsible for atrocities committed before Lincoln took office.

That's pretty sensationalist. As much as I dislike Trump and am completely against the idea of internment/concentration camps, those things are not synonymous with "mass genocide."