1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by BigLutz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. SlowPokeBroKing

SlowPokeBroKing Future Gym Leader

That's pretty sensationalist. As much as I dislike Trump and am completely against the idea of internment/concentration camps, those things are not synonymous with "mass genocide."

2. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

But where will he stop, Slowpoke? What's to stop him from invading Mexico to make good his promise to make them pay for this wall, and what's to stop him from making good his promise to nuke Iraq if they "look at him funny"? What happens if he can't keep his hands to himself around a female diplomat, ambassador, or God forbid, Head of State?

That's how the Civil Rights issue was brought to the forefront, you know. Folks were worried about ambassadors being subjected to Jim Crow laws. Imagine a diplomat from Africa being thrown out of a restaurant in Louisiana with emphasized use of the N-word.

"Dislike" is the wrong word for how I feel. "Hate", despise", "revile', and "detest" are better. I have no idea why anyone would defend the lies this monster tells, but I really wish they'd stop trying to convince me of his nonexistent good intentions and competence, along with spouting the conspiracy theories about Hillary.

You know what hurts me most about Trump is, as painful as it is for me to say, for the first time in my life I am not proud to be American. I am fiercely patriotic so I DO NOT say those words lightly. I love my country so much and the hate and divisiveness that ha spread across this land literally brings a tear to my eyes and heart. (It's like Trump has taken away people's patriotism and replaced it with hate and utter filth.) I'm angry at myself because I feel that way and I'm even angrier that it was a United States of America presidential candidate that caused me to feel that way! We, us, AMERICANS should not fight each other. We all know a house divided can not stand. It only weakens us as a country. We are not they enemy, the enemy is out there lurking in the damn shadows and make no mistake they are watching this and waiting...biding their time and they will exploit this weakness and use it to their advantage to strike out against us and spread their terror across the USA once again and may God help us then

There, I said it. Peace out.

3. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

You can ultimately blame the GoP for Trump's rise. The awful candidates they have had made people by default turn to trump as the alternate and it grew from there.

4. SlowPokeBroKing

What did you even say? Nothing you said was really all that thought-provoking or based in fact. Kinda sounds like fear-mongering from your side as well. For every Trump supporter that thinks Hillary will ruin the US, there is a Hillary supporter saying the same about Trump. And I do understand Trump's platforms can cause massive damage to our country's reputation and security. But that does not mean I assume he will intentionally imprison and kill all non-whites and non-Christians. He's an idiot and a fiend and we should vote against him, but you're not doing Hillary any favors by only throwing shade at Trump. Hillary has to win on our support, not just his downfall.

5. Resolute

Resolute ribombee is my dawg

Why would Presidential candidates make good comedians?

'Cause everything they say is a joke. :D

(This is my way of contributing to the discussion. I'll get out now.)

6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

I don't disagree with that part. More throwing your vote away for someone who says they'll go super far left rather than one of the big two who will move things to the left but not as fast. The fringe left has a big problem with getting results.

7. SlowPokeBroKing

I hope you realize it's mindsets like yours that actually hinder our progress than help it.

8. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

Oh, trust me, i do.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  9. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Howard Dean was calling for ranked voting in an NYT op-ed just recently.

Makes you wonder how Johnson and Stein would do if people could vote for them without sabotaging Clinton or Trump.

10. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

They would still be losing.

11. SlowPokeBroKing

But who asked you to write a speech? You acted like you wrote the new "I Have a Dream," but no one asked for a heartfelt monologue. I just wanted to know why you thought concentration camps and genocide were synonymous.

You'll bite what? You keep using these phrases like all of this is beneath you, but you're being a sensationalist and, frankly, coming across as ignorant.

He can't and has said he won't in recent months. He came out of the gate spouting off like everyone's Fox News-worshipping uncle but has since discovered his dumb ****-talk just won't cut it for a guy in his position. I'm sure his advisors have toned his *** down. Now, it is sad that what we're seeing today is "toned down" for him, but it is, regardless. He's changed his tax plans, his stance on immigration/deportation, and many other nonsensical platforms because he's on the big stage now. No one will allow him to commit genocide, and surely they'll prevent mass imprisonment on the basis of skin color/religion, seeing as that's very obviously unconstitutional. That's why we have the system of government in place that we do.

I will agree that bad **** will happen with him as president, no doubt about it. Times will get tough for many minorities. But again, if we stand together, we can just prevent him winning in the first place. And if he does win? We'll stand together and protect our black, LGBTQ, Muslim, female, and immigrant friends from this sleazebag.

12. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Trump is unpredictable. For all we know, he could go back to being a Democrat before he made his Republican/'alt right' pivot in the last five or so years. Or he might give Pence the same offer he made to Kasich in that he can control both domestic and foreign relations while he sits back and "makes America great again." So it might just be a Pence presidency in all but name (then take a look at his record and sentiment in Indiana). On the other hand, Trump might continue to display poor temperament and order a nuke to be fired at North Korea. So this could all be sensational bait or standard fare. Who knows?

Nevertheless, unpredictable is not an element you want to introduce in the White House, especially when it comes to the nuclear football and Supreme Court (or you don't want the possibility of Pence to be calling those shots).

13. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

14. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

Nobody, I wanted to

And I told you why.

Figure of speech. I meant, "I think your comment is absurd, but I'll humor you anyway and ask thus, "how do you believe Trump will keep his promise to round up and deport 11 million people?"

Really? Note the dates here:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-i-would-force-mexico-build-border-wall

Mmm, true, until Glenn Beck condemned his ideas.

See link again.

I'd wager any amount of money his yes-men have not.

Who said that?

When was this?

He could do it on his own. Especially if he appoints anyone to the Supreme Court.

Yeah, tell that to the Japanese detainees during WWII.

Which Trump voters claim is corrupt and bought.

So why do you defend him and not condemn him?

You mean ''tougher''.

So stand together and stop defending him.

True, but if he doesn't, again, I link to Keith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyC-wt8I80

I'll leave off with the 10 worst insults Trump has made, which he refuses to apologize for and his supporters still refuse to condemn.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  15. SlowPokeBroKing

I'm not defending him as much as I'm telling you how ignorant and narrow-minded you're being.

16. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Yeah, but by how much?

Over 50% of voters are motivated against a candidate, not for him or her. Under those circumstances, with people upset with both candidates, you don't think there would be EV wins somewhere by a third party, like Eggan McMuffin is attempting in Utah?

17. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Utah is in play because Mormons hate Trump but refuse to vote for a Democrat because they kill unborn babies and let the gays touch each other.

18. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

But, they seem to find adultery okay, it seems....

19. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Two words: Presidential Veto.

And another zinger: He can pick a supreme justice. If Trump wins, then there's almost zero chance that the Democrats will gets the majority of the Senate. That's just too unlikely at this point. So if he wins, then he'll get to pick an extremely rightwing conservative as supreme court justice.

Oh yeah.. That would fit his MO completely. Just like the argument he's trying to force that Hillary is a warcriminal for voting to go to Iraq. While he was funding it! And that vote was in large part a misinformed choice guided by information given by a Republican administration. And don't forget Bush' rhetoric during that time: "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists".

At least Trump doesn't have poor judgment, because Bernie Sanders said Hillary has bad judgment.. #Sarcasm. I'm pretty sure in order to make America Great Again, he'll nuke China.. Bring back business, one nuke at a time.

Dude took a stab at Transformers. How dare he!

Though in all sincerity, he made a point that I've been seeing Trump do time after time: "Let me tell you the truth". He often uses phrases like that which make him look as if he's being sincere: "You know what -FOLKS-.. I didn't WANT to say it, but I HAVE to say it, and I'm GOING to say it". Is basically him going: "I'm one of you, I'm not a bad guy that goes out throwing insults first, but a deep and utter sincere feeling in me is compelling me to do as such and I am a person that listens to my gut." Followed often enough by a blatant, insincere and/or populistic lie or claim or promise that he will not keep in order to play the crowd.

Another thing that shows Trump's two-face is his retort during the second debate about the accusations about groping women: "I have great respect for women". In the past few weeks, what have we seen Trump say about new alligations against him? "Have you seen her? She's UGLY!", "They're doing it for personal fame! Financial or political reasons!", says the person who didn't just bring them up, no he brought alleged victims to a Presidential Debate into the room. And Mr. Trump, you know why women don't come forth with these kinds of claims all too often? Because for one, it often involves a deep personal trauma often coincided with a large feeling of shame and second, lo and behold, their motives get questioned and possible victims of assault in the most traumatic form get instantly slandered as golddiggers. Now, how does Trump' words show his "great respect" for women?

Trump does try to find people's "wounds". "THEY are taking OUR jobs" is probably the biggest one. And thus he is aggrevating his followers through their insecurities. You know who also did this? Hitler. Sure, there are other countries that face the same problem of jobs being outsourced to countries where the wages are lower, but you don't see their presidential candidates demonizing them to the point of being on the brink on dropping a nuke first in order to fix the problem. You start to offer possibilities on how to bring businesses back to your country without demonizing others.

Fun fact: If Trump was president during the Cuba Crisis.. I doubt that a large part of the US would exist today as we know it. On the other hand, he is quite friendly with the Putin.. So who knows.

Don't forget about polygamy as well.. and all that Jazz.. xD

*Seriously, I still can't see why the New Orleans Jazz went to Utah out of ALL places..

20. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

Okay. Let's get them into Congress, too, and not just the White House.

I'm pretty sure polygamy is, by definition, not adultery.