1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by BigLutz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

When has the GOP shown any spine to him before he was the one candidate? They'll do what he wants because they don't want to get primaried by even further right people.

2. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

So are you saying you disagree with them?

I should add, he believes he can enact such policies, which IMOHO, makes him incompetent and dangerous with such power

3. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

So tonight is it, there's really not much Trump can do to turn this around and Hillary is by no means in a bad spot.

Should be a smooth and hysterical finale.

4. bobjr

Reminder that Trump tried to have one of his ex wives have an abortion, and that's why you never hear him talk about Tiffany.

5. Mr. Reloaded

"You're the puppet!"
    "No you!"

Also radical Islam is bad mkay?

6. Mordent99

Mordent99 Banned

29 minutes.

Kept his temper longer than last time, but then he cracked.

7. Mr. Reloaded

When people accuse you of sexual assault what's the first thing you do? Blame your opponent. Then start rambling about Wikileaks again.

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Or interrupt and say, "I did not say/do that."

We must make a drinking game out of that line.

9. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

"Nobody respects women more than me. Nobody."

I think we need to just all pause for a moment, because we have found the biggest lie ever told.

10. Mr. Reloaded

He's actually upset over an imaginary rigging system...

Is calling him a manchild being too easy on him?

11. bobjr

Trump is doing so bad Texas is theoretically in play right now.

12. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Yea this was actually by far trump's worst outing so far. Some very blatant egregious things, like "I didn't even apologize", and of course flat out saying he won't accept the defeat.

13. Pikachu52

Pikachu52 Well-Known Member

Not as destructive a performance as the second debate, but still a poor reflection on Donald Trump. Many of his statements were rambling an incoherent. At times I had no idea what he was talking about. He doubled down on his "the election is rigged against me" rhetoric by refusing to state whether he would accept the election result as legitimate and even going so far as to say Hilary Clinton is an illegitimate candidate. One thing he said that I found particularly disturbing was his claim that the majority of Syrian refugees were ISIS terrorists and that providing third state resettlement in the US for refugees would create a trojan horse. This isn't just untrue it's just peddling fear and prejudice. Clinton should have called that out in stronger terms than she did. The Supreme Court question was interesting because the candidates did seem to fall down more partisan party lines in terms of policy than they had anywhere else. Donald Trump rattled off the usual emotive Pro-life talking points regarding late term abortions and Clinton took a more pro-choice stance by discussing the experiences of women who had experienced late term abortion. While the rhetoric will probably appease the candidates bases, particularly pro-life Republican voters it did lack substance as to exactly what the candidates believed the law should be. Trump's "it'll go back to the states" comments implies he would prefer to see a patchwork quilt of different laws across the various jurisdictions including possibly the ability of states to criminalise procedures all together - He has previously said as much. One issue that didn't get touched surprisingly were LGBT rights. Clinton mentioned that she would appoint justices who would uphold the Marriage Equality ruling but that point didn't really get elaborated on. I'm not sure how vulnerable Marriage rights for same sex couples would be under a Trump presidency because the question of whether the 14th amendment requires states to issues marriage licenses to same sex couples is now settled law. Even if Trump appointed judges hostile to that precedent there would still need to be a case initiated in the lower courts that would actually reach the Supreme Court. The two key legal issues for LGBT rights in the next few year will be the constitutionality of "first amendment defence act" style pro-discrimination legislation and Transphobic laws such as North Carolina's HB2 under the 1st and 14th amendments. But neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton were even asked about those issues. The other sad part of the debate was Donald Trump's instance not only that the 9 women accusing him of sexual assault but were actively lying to make money and benefit the Clinton campaign. While he's entitled to a presumption of innocence, this open attack on his accusers and opening them up outright slander among his supporters demonstrates why it's difficult for sexual assault survivors to come forward. On top of that he also made several outright lies claiming he'd never said that his accusers were too ugly to assault or that he'd mocked a reporter's disability.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  14. kawaiiconcept

kawaiiconcept TOP OF THE MORNIN'

^very acurate.
    I also laughed AGAIN at this debate
    he was very rude 99% of the time.
    he made up stupid things
    and he is so self centered.
    I ADORE hillary's reaction to most of his points.
    eaither the "im not afraid of you" look or outright grinning
    she made so manny good points
    i do like it when trump says "wrong" though
    reminds me of the snl skits.
    oh and did anyone notice hillary said "when" she becomes president not IF
    that made me so happy

15. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I mean at this rate even trump is almost admitting defeat and more or less just trying to drag hillary in the dirt as much as possible while he has his voice out there because he will be irrelevant after this.

16. bobjr

He's in denial now basically. He's only quoting crazy polls from places like Drudge Report, and the media is so corrupt that it's all a lie and he's actually killing it. He's basically the perfect example of extreme narcissism personality disorder.

17. TiredButAwake

TiredButAwake Well-Known Member

I dont want hillary to win because shes just going to copy whatever obama did in the past. Trump is atleast going to do new things.

18. bobjr

Nah, she's not going to copy Obama. She's realized there's no working with the GOP so there won't be a year or two of wasted time.

19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

At least copying Obama won't cause a holocaust, racism blooming everywhere, and women being grabbed by their you-know-what and there will be a law about not complaining about it.

20. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I honestly feel like that's a massive exaggeration as to what would happen if Trump were to somehow become president. He just doesn't know what he's doing at all and would run the country into the ground.