• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Reminder that Comey is mad we can't put in backwards access into smartphones that only work for the U.S. FBI. He's a terrible director, and apparently there's a lot of unrest in the department because of him. But yeah, if they're suddenly trying to block it it's just like the Right Wing Terrorism report, it's something they know is against them and they don't want to hear. Hate Clinton for Emails as much as you want, she at least cooperated.

Also there's been a weird pushback against Snopes and other nonbiased sites from the Right. Like they're mad that some sites prefer nothing but facts.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Also there's been a weird pushback against Snopes and other nonbiased sites from the Right. Like they're mad that some sites prefer nothing but facts.

I mean, have you SEEN some of the absurd things they believe? (Of course you have, you've replied to Torpoleon.) It's not that bizarre at all, really, is it?

Or am I that jaded?

e: P.S. Clinton's current popular vote lead has broken 2.8 million.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I mean, have you SEEN some of the absurd things they believe? (Of course you have, you've replied to Torpoleon.) It's not that bizarre at all, really, is it?

Or am I that jaded?

e: P.S. Clinton's current popular vote lead has broken 2.8 million.
And of course everyone is quick to believe the CIA for saying Russia interfered with the election, yet everyone seems to forget that the CIA was dead-wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Look where that lie led us to. A ~$6 trillion war in a country we should have never been in.

The Admiral said:
e: To clarify so you don't just link back to the same source (which, frankly, I don't trust much further that I can throw it): I'm also talking about the second part. It "should be obvious" that illegal aliens would never vote for Trump, but it also "should be obvious" that women would never vote for the ****ing rapist, either, and you can see how that turned out.
Women did vote for a rapist, by voting for Bill Clinton twice though.

Reminder that Comey is mad we can't put in backwards access into smartphones that only work for the U.S. FBI. He's a terrible director, and apparently there's a lot of unrest in the department because of him. But yeah, if they're suddenly trying to block it it's just like the Right Wing Terrorism report, it's something they know is against them and they don't want to hear. Hate Clinton for Emails as much as you want, she at least cooperated.

Take a look at what the Democrats said about him in July. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jH_DBR4pSI

They even knock Republicans who had praised Comey days before the initial verdict on the Clinton e-mail investigation back in July. Now the tables have turned.

Nonbiased sites? Snopes has a very clear left-wing bias.

I just love how you guys seem more worried about claims from an agency, who has lied before, most notably about the WMDs in Iraq, and don't seem to care that Hillary took money from Saudi Arabia, a country that she believes (according to a leaked e-mail) funds ISIS.

Mordent99

Banned
Torpolean, you are something else.

"Hillary had Vince Foster Murdered!" you claim, providing no proof.

"Obama is a Kenyan Muslim!" you shout, despite proof that contradicts it.

"Three million illegals voted for Hillary!" you shout, with no proof at all.

Yet, as far as accusations of rape, scams, and corporate greed from Trump goes, you yell, "Where's the proof?"

A few months ago I said that John Wayne was a bigot, causing a posting troll to demand proof of it. I mean, is the Pope a Catholic here? Some things are a little obvious.

Yet, as far as accusations of rape, scams, and corporate greed from Trump goes, you yell, "Where's the proof?"

A few months ago I said that John Wayne was a bigot, causing a posting troll to demand proof of it. I mean, is the Pope a Catholic here? Some things are a little obvious.

I don't think he wants to admit that the country is screwed

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
And of course everyone is quick to believe the CIA for saying Russia interfered with the election, yet everyone seems to forget that the CIA was dead-wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Look where that lie led us to. A ~$6 trillion war in a country we should have never been in.

Women did vote for a rapist, by voting for Bill Clinton twice though.

Take a look at what the Democrats said about him in July. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jH_DBR4pSI

They even knock Republicans who had praised Comey days before the initial verdict on the Clinton e-mail investigation back in July. Now the tables have turned.

Nonbiased sites? Snopes has a very clear left-wing bias.

I just love how you guys seem more worried about claims from an agency, who has lied before, most notably about the WMDs in Iraq, and don't seem to care that Hillary took money from Saudi Arabia, a country that she believes (according to a leaked e-mail) funds ISIS.

Lol, everything you are saying has no factual proof. There is no proof of what you are saying about hilary at all.

Bill had affairs....he didn't rape anyone.

Teruhn

Lol, everything you are saying has no factual proof. There is no proof of what you are saying about hilary at all.

Haven't you heard? Facts are dead. Long live the rule of hearsay and beliefs.

Torpoleon

I never said Hillary had Vince Foster murdered, nor did I ever call Obama a Kenyan Muslim. I don't know why you say specifically say that I said those things, nor do I know why you even brought up those things. Please point to post where I specifically said any of that. I never asked for any proof Trump raping anybody. I said nothing about that. The only point you are right about is the that I say 3 million illegals voted for Hillary. One thing out of four things is not a good track record.

I don't think he wants to admit that the country is screwed
The country was already screwed by the time Trump got elected.

- $20 trillion in debt
- Lowest labor force participation rate since the 70's (somewhere around 62.7%)
- Over 95,000,000 out of the labor force (meaning they have given up searching for work, and this explains the labor force participation rate)
- 43 million people on food stamps
- Over 40 million people in poverty
Unfortunately, this is the trend the country has been going in for the past couple of decades.

Everything I said? So the CIA wasn't wrong about Iraq have WMDs? That didn't lead us into a ~$6 trillion war? Women didn't vote for Bill twice? The Democrats didn't say positive things about Comey in July? Maybe you are referring to my last comment about Hillary & Saudi Arabia.

Clinton Foundation accepting money from Saudi Arabia: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...inton-presidential-campaign-charity.html?_r=0
Hillary states that Saudi Arabia is funding ISIS (and that Qatar is doing the same thing: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3774
Bonus- Here is Qatar giving Bill Clinton a $1 million check for his birthday in 2011: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8396

Oh and Bill didn't rape anyone? Tell that to Juanita Broaddrick & Paula Jones. Also, I know that Lewisnky consented, but don't you guys think it's gross that he shoves his cigar in her vagina? Far gross than anything Trump has ever been accused of. Don't believe me about the cigar? It's all out there.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
I never said Hillary had Vince Foster murdered, nor did I ever call Obama a Kenyan Muslim.

Okay, hen say this:

"President Obama was born in Hawaii, raised a Protestant, and was duly elected President of the United States."

Bet you can't make yourself type it.

I don't know why you say specifically say that I said those things, nor do I know why you even brought up those things. Please point to post where I specifically said any of that. I never asked for any proof Trump raping anybody. I said nothing about that. The only point you are right about is the that I say 3 million illegals voted for Hillary. One thing out of four things is not a good track record.

If you didn't say it, are you willing to condemn those who did say it? I see no proof of Trump's claim whatsoever. "Other than Trump claimed it's so".

IThe country was already screwed by the time Trump got elected.

How come?

- $20 trillion in debt

Trump's plans will triple it.

I- Lowest labor force participation rate since the 70's (somewhere around 62.7%)

Wrong.

I- Over 95,000,000 out of the labor force (meaning they have given up searching for work, and this explains the labor force participation rate)

Baby boomers are retiring, genius, that's the real reason.

I- 43 million people on food stamps

Trump would let them starve.

I- Over 40 million people in poverty

Trump would make sure they stay there.

IEverything I said? So the CIA wasn't wrong about Iraq have WMDs? That didn't lead us into a ~$6 trillion war? Women didn't vote for Bill twice? The Democrats didn't say positive things about Comey in July? Maybe you are referring to my last comment about Hillary & Saudi Arabia.

By the way, we but a lot of oil from Saudi Arabia, and they have the most power in OPEC. Trump's dependence on fossil fuels is going to make us even bigger customers.

Clinton Foundation accepting money from Saudi Arabia.

Not illegal. Pocketing donations - like Trump has for his foundation - is.

Hillary states that Saudi Arabia is funding ISIS

Trump claims she and Obama founded it.

Bonus- Here is Qatar giving Bill Clinton a $1 million check for his birthday in 2011:

So?

IOh and Bill didn't rape anyone? Tell that to Juanita Broaddrick & Paula Jones. Also, I know that Lewisnky consented, but don't you guys think it's gross that he shoves his cigar in her vagina? Far gross than anything Trump has ever been accused of. Don't believe me about the cigar? It's all out there.

So who did he rape? I'm pretty sure, given how much the Republicans hated him, that rape charges would have been brought up in court.

Btw, seen this yet?

http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-dont-need-intelligence-briefings-e/21625229/

I'll have you all know, I'm 41 years old, I've voted in five elections, and that is the lamest excuse from a politician I have ever heard!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Okay, hen say this:

"President Obama was born in Hawaii, raised a Protestant, and was duly elected President of the United States."

Bet you can't make yourself type it.
President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, raised a Protestant, and elected President of the United States in 2008 and subsequently re-elected in 2012. How about that?

Mordent99 said:
If you didn't say it, are you willing to condemn those who did say it? I see no proof of Trump's claim whatsoever. "Other than Trump claimed it's so".
Yes, I condemn the people who said those things about Obama's birth and Hillary being involved in having Vince Foster murdered (even though you brought them up and I never mentioned them.....). Once again, I have no idea what any of these things have to do with what I said. Why did you bring these things up and even claim I said them? Second time I'm asking you this. Bet you won't answer.

Mordent99 said:
How come?
A big part of that is the reasons I listed after, not to mention all of the rioting that is going on (and I do remember riots unrelated to Trump and before he even announced he was running).

Mordent99 said:
Trump's plans will triple it.
Based on what exactly?

Mordenr99 said:
Thank you for posting a source to prove me wrong. Oh wait, you didn't. Check this out: http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Mordent99 said:
Baby boomers are retiring, genius, that's the real reason.
Baby boomers retiring does impact the labor force participation rate, but the participation rate among workers aged 25-54 has dropped more.
http://macroblog.typepad.com/macrob...-in-prime-age-labor-force-participation-.html
http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-pres...son-for-the-drop-in-labor-force-participation

Mordent99 said:
Not illegal. Pocketing donations - like Trump has for his foundation - is.
Accepting large sums of money from foreign countries, even while she was Secretary of State, isn't illegal? You sure about that? The Trump Foundation hasn't accepted money from foreign countries.

Mordent99 said:
Trump claims she and Obama founded it.
Which he dismissed as sarcasm. Not the first time a presidential candidate was sarcastic or made a joke on the campaign trail.

Mordent99 said:
So who did he rape? I'm pretty sure, given how much the Republicans hated him, that rape charges would have been brought up in court.
Juanita Broaddrick & Paula Jones.

Mordent99

Banned
Yes, I condemn the people who said those things about Obama's birth and Hillary being involved in having Vince Foster murdered (even though you brought them up and I never mentioned them.....). Once again, I have no idea what any of these things have to do with what I said. Why did you bring these things up and even claim I said them? Second time I'm asking you this. Bet you won't answer.

First off, when a Trump voter says "once again", I usually ignore the comment, but I'll make an exception. Because you won't oppose the horrid things Trump and his other supporters claim, then IMOHO, you approve of them by default. Believe me, I've been called out for supporting slavery and the Jim Crow laws (among other things) because Trump trolls believe such things are Democrat-created, and if I am to be judged guilty by association, I will judge Republicans as such.

I am also sick to death of "Exact words" arguments. I am not a lawyer, and the spirit of a statement, not the letter of it, is what concerns me. When someone says, "oh, technically he didn't lie because..." I call BS on it.

Based on what exactly?

Well, to give one example, do you have any idea how much a three-thousand mile long wall will cost to build and maintain? News flash, even if he could make Mexico pay for it, it would bankrupt America. Assuming it was possible. Even Rick Perry says it's impossible.

Thank you for posting a source to prove me wrong. Oh wait, you didn't. Check this out: http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Here's a link with the unemployment numbers

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

Trump's claim on the matter:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-unemployment-rate-bogus-221500456.html

...which is pretty absurd.

A big part of that is the reasons I listed after, not to mention all of the rioting that is going on (and I do remember riots unrelated to Trump and before he even announced he was running).

It would seem Trump only approves of that when they do not oppose him.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...nald_trump_inciting_violence_he_might_be.html

In another place and time, Trump would be called a rabble rouser, and hanged in the town square.

Accepting large sums of money from foreign countries, even while she was Secretary of State, isn't illegal? You sure about that? The Trump Foundation hasn't accepted money from foreign countries.

You yourself said that your beef with her is the Clinton Foundation accepting it. Her Foundation is a charity, and can accept donation from anywhere. And as for a Sec. of State accepting gifts, here's the full story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/state-department-reveals-political-swag-article-1.1441301

So what was she supposed to do, refuse to accept a gift in public?

Which he dismissed as sarcasm. Not the first time a presidential candidate was sarcastic or made a joke on the campaign trail.

Actually, he doubled down on it, even when given multiple chances to explain what he meant:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

Please do no attack the source, that excuse is getting old.

Juanita Broaddrick & Paula Jones.

Again, why didn't Ken Starr - who'd have loved to see Mr. Clinton brought up on rape charges - mention that during the impeachment proceedings? Huh? We live in a country where due process is necessary for conviction, so no prosecution means no charges, means no crime.

Last edited:
Torpoleon, how do you determine that Comey and the F.B.I. are trustworthy and yet the C.I.A. is not? The F.B.I. has a long history of monumental screw ups just like the C.I.A. It's head J. Edgar Hoover spied on citizens and political opponents all the way into the 1970's. Your bias is really, really showing here.

The Admiral

Torpoleon, how do you determine that Comey and the F.B.I. are trustworthy and yet the C.I.A. is not? The F.B.I. has a long history of monumental screw ups just like the C.I.A. It's head J. Edgar Hoover spied on citizens and political opponents all the way into the 1970's. Your bias is really, really showing here.

The same way he determines everything: he just comes up with a bunch of cockamamie shit, some of it being extant talking points.

I'm still waiting for another source. Then again, the guy claims Snopes has a ~liberal bias~ so I'm pretty sure he's one of those folks who can't be wrong. Especially because he hasn't posted any sources for anything since then. I mean, if you could claim anything without sources and win debates, we would never have any.

Which, granted, that'd be perfectly fine.

People who try to argue for Trump always lose. There is a reason why Hillary won the popular vote, because more people like Hillary then Trump.

And just so you know, the labor/agriculture/manufacturing numbers are like because 1, people don't exactly want to go into those jobs anymore and 2, because its the freaking 21st century. We've got robots working on the dangerous stuff. So unless Trump plans to put us back in the Middle Ages, there is no way those numbers are changing. So Trump's proposal is a big and colassal lie and a totail upcoming fail.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Again, why didn't Ken Starr - who'd have loved to see Mr. Clinton brought up on rape charges - mention that during the impeachment proceedings? Huh? We live in a country where due process is necessary for conviction, so no prosecution means no charges, means no crime.
After thinking about it, I find the whole accusation highly suspicious.

1. This is not a new accusation.
2. The alleged victims brought this up with Breitbart, Breitbart cares as much for women's rights as the 400 club cares about atheists. If I may project this (which I'm not claiming is 100% likely), I almost think that Breitbart bribed them to make the testimony louder on their platform. It would only be a small price to pay to do they want to do most, spread misinformation. For now, that is how I see it, but I don't have a means to prove my suspicion, but I highly doubt the accusation given that Brietbart is the biggest platform for it.

The Admiral

After thinking about it, I find the whole accusation highly suspicious.

1. This is not a new accusation.
2. The alleged victims brought this up with Breitbart, Breitbart cares as much for women's rights as the 400 club cares about atheists. If I may project this (which I'm not claiming is 100% likely), I almost think that Breitbart bribed them to make the testimony louder on their platform. It would only be a small price to pay to do they want to do most, spread misinformation. For now, that is how I see it, but I don't have a means to prove my suspicion, but I highly doubt the accusation given that Brietbart is the biggest platform for it.

I mean, it's Breitbart. Have they reported anything in a truly honest manner? Not counting cases of "Yes, it's true that this is our opinion," for any of the wordsmiths in the audience.

I absolutely do not deny that he could have done it, but indeed, shouldn't this have gained traction from legit news sources? I mean, yes, they were busy, but not that busy, let's be real.

(As to a certain clown's earlier assertion: Was any of this out there in 1992, when people voted for Bill Clinton?)

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
I mean, it's Breitbart. Have they reported anything that was honest before? Not counting cases of "Yes, it's true that this is our opinion," for any of the wordsmiths in the audience.

Uhm, no. Thing is, Trump wants someone who works there in a high cabinet post. And for the record, I would say they care about women in general as much as they care about farm animals.

As far as Russian hacks go, it would seem both John McCain and Lindsey Graham disagree with Trump:

http://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-1903546?ezine=567

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Admiral;18296675I [I said:
absolutely do not deny[/I] that he could have done it, but indeed, shouldn't this have gained traction from legit news sources? I mean, yes, they were busy, but not that busy, let's be real.
I don't either, but knowing what we know now, I don't see enough to really make a surefire statement.

The lack of publicity from bigger news stations make this seem very unusual.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well anything that fact checks and doesn't try to form a specific narrative might as well be liberally biased. Like they did interviews with the people who write fake stories and make fake websites, and they say they can't do it for liberals because they catch on quicker and know it's false, while conservatives will fall right into the trap and even give them money.

Also labor jobs are not coming back, not even China is keeping them anymore. The goal is to figure out the next step after, because next it's trucking jobs, and we'll see a big hit there if we don't do something.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well anything that fact checks and doesn't try to form a specific narrative might as well be liberally biased. Like they did interviews with the people who write fake stories and make fake websites, and they say they can't do it for liberals because they catch on quicker and know it's false, while conservatives will fall right into the trap and even give them money.

Also labor jobs are not coming back, not even China is keeping them anymore. The goal is to figure out the next step after, because next it's trucking jobs, and we'll see a big hit there if we don't do something.
There is a lack of critical thinking among, let's just say, a certain right wing demographic.

Some people actually bought the gun free zone quote.

This has never been the Democrat rhetoric at all. The "gun free zone" is reminiscent of Wayne LaPierre's "good guy with a gun", mentality.
Second, if someone were to say something this audacious, wouldn't there be a C-SPAN clip or something?
It's laughable and worrying at the same time where you see people react to this on youtube without having any footage for it.

Last edited: