• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Mordent99

Banned
Tell me about it. Know the Amanda Knox hate sites? After I wrote several stuff in support of Knox on my own blog, they actually claimed to have "proof positive" that I was the columnist who wrote this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-marie-basile/where-are-all-the-feminists_b_5386971.html

Yeah, right, I wish. The only "proof" was that she went to the same college I did. (And btw, I went to BU; this woman went to the New School of New York.)

Remix2

pretty sure the "russia influencing the election" thing is legit; it's just deeply uncomfortable

also, i'm pretty sure the problem is they haven't done anything about trump's conflicts of interest. we know they're there and they've been decently publicized if you get your news off something more credible than Fox.

there's also this whole concept of multitasking, but i guess the dems can't even do one thing at a time, really

The fact that there no real evidence of it to me that mean there just blaming Russia For the election because the establishment democrats can't amid that there candidate was bad.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Russia did hack the DNC, and with the CIA/FBI they tend not to release things until they have everything possible, that's why you see them do 5-10 year cases. They don't just openly say things like this without either proof or internal backlash. The GOP response of "Whatever" doesn't help.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
What really blows my mind, is republicans from 30-40 years ago would have sooner killed themselves than go with russias wishes. Now russia is openly doing what they please and the republicans are like OK NO PROBLEMO WHATEVER YOU WANT MR.PUTAN. Where are the republicans that would rather go to war than get in bed with russia, lol.

Considering the age of Republicans tends to skew older than Democrats, my money's on "dead".

Russia did hack the DNC, and with the CIA/FBI they tend not to release things until they have everything possible, that's why you see them do 5-10 year cases. They don't just openly say things like this without either proof or internal backlash. The GOP response of "Whatever" doesn't help.

Also, you know, it takes time for humans to process all the **** that is involved in something like this. Dude needs to put his tinfoil hat away.

diakyu

Something needs to be done or at least said about all this. Obama not dealing with this directly is frankly shameful if you ask me. But of course I guess it's fine to be complacent if you thought Hilary was going to win, jut let Russia do what they want it's fine lol.

I was in PLS yesterday and my prof had this talk with us about how this was all just the democrats being big babies, and the kicker is my prof didn't vote for Trump or even like him that much. I mean what? How can you say these things? Give another country a free pass to screw with our oh so cherished democracy? What a joke. Honestly I can't wait for inauguration day so people can shut the heck up about Hilary, every time she comes up in conversation about how unsatisfied someone is with Trump or with his cabinet or his policies all semblance of an educated conversation dies. It's over people, we get it. Can we not address our concerns without the "get over it you sore loser" sentiment?

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Sure, diakyu, we will accept Trump as much as the Republicans - Trump included - accepted Obama for the past eight years.

bobjr

Staff member
Well there is an important difference there. Obama didn't say all the awful things people against him thought he said/was going to do. Trump literally has said these things multiple times, and even if he backs off we still have the rest of the party who can push whatever through.

diakyu

We do have a press conference tomorrow. Drop the bomb Obama, you're going on your annual vacation soon anyways to Hawaii. Reckless abandon time pls

Edit: I should say I expect the full blowout on Russia and less about Trump. Russia needs to be addressed by the president as quickly as possibly imo.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
We do have a press conference tomorrow. Drop the bomb Obama, you're going on your annual vacation soon anyways to Hawaii. Reckless abandon time pls

I'm placing this quote here in case he deletes it via edit so everyone on this site can see the true attitude of a Trump voter who keeps repeating the BS claim that their President will "Make America Great Again".

Last edited:

diakyu

I'm placing this quote here in case he deletes it via edit so everyone on this site can see the true attitude of a Trump voter who keeps repeating the BS claim that their President will "Make America Great Again".
Ummm, I have no idea what you're talking about? Why would I edit that?

Mordent99

Banned
Ummm, I have no idea what you're talking about? Why would I edit that?

Because you suggested that Mr. Obama bomb the country before leaving for Hawaii.

diakyu

Because you suggested that Mr. Obama bomb the country before leaving for Hawaii.
Sorry, who am I suggesting Obama bomb? "Drop the bomb" is a figure of speech.

Are you joking? I can't tell.

Mordent99

Banned
Sorry, who am I suggesting Obama bomb? "Drop the bomb" is a figure of speech.

Are you joking? I can't tell.

If it was a joke, I certainly did NOT find it funny. Not at all.

About eight years ago I would have demanded an apology from someone who made such a heartless joke, but know what? I won't bother, because apologizing and admitting faults seems to be anathema to Republicans. Never seen them do it. Not once.

Last edited:

The Admiral

If it was a joke, I certainly did NOT find it funny. Not at all.

About eight years ago I would have demanded an apology from someone who made such a heartless joke, but know what? I won't bother, because apologizing and admitting faults seems to be anathema to Republicans. Never seen them do it. Not once.

He didn't tell a joke, and he was not asking Obama to bomb anyone. He asked you if you were the one joking because you said something that was really, really ****ing stupid.

Please go back and re-read your posts and his. The phrase "drop the bomb" has nothing to do with actual acts of warfare; it refers to the term "bombshell" in the sense of something shocking.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Sure, Admiral, and when Trump said he would "bomb the **** out of them" I suppose we should take that as a joke too.

Just what did he mean then? "Drop the bomb" on what, exactly? I mean, I've heard folks claim (the governor of Texas included) claim Jade Helm was indeed an invasion force that would impose martial law, and folks (Trump included) say Mr. Obama was a sleeper agent (which is impossible) from Kenya. I don't know what to take at face value these days.

There was a poster here (who will go unnamed) who suggested Governor McCrory was "offering a snack" to protestors when he did this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-ca...protesters-abortion-law-150000064.html?ref=gs

...and would not take back the absurd comment, no matter how much he was challenged. He also claimed someone was telling him to commit suicide in response to another figure of speech, and again, would not back down from such an absurd claim.

In the past eight years, no matter how absurd a claim is, they never apologize, never back down, and never admit fault. Chewbacca Defense, Admiral. They argue until you get sick of it and give up. Problem is, it works.

And as a result, we got this abomination as President.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Sure, Admiral, and when Trump said he would "bomb the **** out of them" I suppose we should take that as a joke too.

Just what did he mean then? "Drop the bomb" on what, exactly? I mean, I've heard folks claim (the governor of Texas included) claim Jade Helm was indeed an invasion force that would impose martial law, and folks (Trump included) say Mr. Obama was a sleeper agent (which is impossible) from Kenya. I don't know what to take at face value these days.

There was a poster here (who will go unnamed) who suggested Governor McCrory was "offering a snack" to protestors when he did this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-ca...protesters-abortion-law-150000064.html?ref=gs

...and would not take back the absurd comment, no matter how much he was challenged. He also claimed someone was telling him to commit suicide in response to another figure of speech, and again, would not back down from such an absurd claim.

In the past eight years, no matter how absurd a claim is, they never apologize, never back down, and never admit fault. Chewbacca Defense, Admiral. They argue until you get sick of it and give up. Problem is, it works.

I am not sure you're reading any of these posts at all, just kind of.. blindly attacking them with completely unrelated responses that have some of the same words.

We all agree that trump saying we should 'bomb the **** out of them' is bad and obviously horrendous.

But diakyu did not suggest that obama drop an actual bomb on anyone. Just that he put the russians on 'blast' if you will for their obvious hand in cheating our elections. This isn't about face value. It is a common expression that everyone in the english speaking world knows and based on all of diakyus posts hes pretty obviously anti-trump.

Also, trump isn't president yet. The electoral college still has time, the fat lady hasn't sung yet! Not holding my breath on it but the dream is still alive.

The Admiral

Just what did he mean then? "Drop the bomb" on what, exactly?

Oh my christ. Did you take a vow of illiteracy after Clinton lost the election?

"Drop the bomb" is a shortened version of the phrase "drop the bombSHELL," meaning to reveal ("drop") something ("the") shocking or surprising ("bomb/shell"). Is this so hard to figure out?

I don't know what to take at face value these days.

<snip>

Look, diakyu is saying a few things I don't get on with either, but in this context, the phrase "drop the bomb" has nothing to do with actual acts of war. If you cannot take the use of a relatively common figure of speech "at face value," you probably need to back away from political debates for a little while.

Mordent99

Banned
Begging the Admiral's pardon, after hearing so many bad jokes recently about nuclear codes, it's hard to tell who means what when the word "bomb" is used. And even more stupid comments about Mr. Obama's vacations.

Can I ask exactly what information you believe Diakyu wants him to reveal?

bobjr

Staff member
An elector in Maine cast their vote for Bernie Sanders instead of Clinton, because someone had to.