• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It also doesn't help that Israel will do some terrible thing, then run to the US for protection, and the biggest support for them here is literally because people here think that's where Jesus will rise again and if Israel is gone he won't come back.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It also doesn't help that Israel will do some terrible thing, then run to the US for protection, and the biggest support for them here is literally because people here think that's where Jesus will rise again and if Israel is gone he won't come back.

thats so ****ed up.... is that seriously why people protect Israel?!

edit: I just did some research and Israel is like an opening into the middle east for the US.

Military reasons basically.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
thats so ****ed up.... is that seriously why people protect Israel?!

edit: I just did some research and Israel is like an opening into the middle east for the US.

Military reasons basically.

There are several reasons overall, and none of them are particularly great. They're just an ally in the loosest sense of the word, and the military is a good front reason, but a lot of it lies in the "Oh they're the defenders of Christianity up against the Muslims" things they don't outright admit.

Swordsman4

Terrible things hmm...like using human shields, wait that's something Hamas does–whom the Palestinians support. Keep trying though...

Man, Assad uses chemical weapons, Iran violates the nuke deal and shouts death to Israel/USA/England/Any Peace Loving Country and Israel are the people doing terrible things. Biblically the land is Israel's, even if you ignore that it still doesn't stop the fact that land taken during a war is won by the victor.

Heck, Israel has given up land just to try to appease Abbas and they use it to lob rockets at Israel. Israel isn't the problem, the so-called "nation" of Palestine is. Good Lord, wake up!

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
There are several reasons overall, and none of them are particularly great. They're just an ally in the loosest sense of the word, and the military is a good front reason, but a lot of it lies in the "Oh they're the defenders of Christianity up against the Muslims" things they don't outright admit.

that's really horrible actually. Religious people need stay far far away from politics if they can't handle not including religion.

Swordsman4

that's really horrible actually. Religious people need stay far far away from politics if they can't handle not including religion.

Dude, it ain't about religion. It's about Israel actually fighting terrorism and not threatening death to every other country. The Israelis are one of the few people in the Middle East that don't send their money to terrorist organizations. Abbas supports terror organizations like Hamas and uses human shields as his people launch rockets into Israel.

Remix2

Dude, it ain't about religion. It's about Israel actually fighting terrorism and not threatening death to every other country. The Israelis are one of the few people in the Middle East that don't send their money to terrorist organizations. Abbas supports terror organizations like Hamas and uses human shields as his people launch rockets into Israel.

Nothing said fighting terrorism like doing a bombfest on gaza and killing 80% civilians and stealing land in the West Bank that belong to the Palestinian resulted in hamas becoming more popular.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

dude I don't even know what to say to this lol... terrorists use religion as a front for murdering and killing people. If America is siding with Israel due to them being Christian vs Palestenians being Muslims as the above person stated, then yes it is about religion. It's all about religion and if people can sidestep religion to come together and leave religion out of it then it'd be a lot easier to go about this. Maybe just my opinion? I'm not saying religion is the sole cause, but religion is definitely included in this situation.

If you can't make a responsible decision due to some religious belief, I do not believe that person is fit for government.

Swordsman4

Nothing said fighting terrorism like doing a bombfest on gaza and killing 80% civilians and stealing land in the West Bank that belong to the Palestinian resulted in hamas becoming more popular.

The Israeli military goes out of their way to warn civilians ahead of time. That said, the casualty rate is because Hamas uses human shields. They set up in schools, houses, hospitals, and launch rockets from those locations. Hamas has always been popular amongst the Palestinians because they hate Israel. Their very religious books say that the rocks will cry out look here is a Jew. The same ideas that prevailed in Germany of old resides in the hearts of Iran, Palestine, and the like. They want to kill Israel and somehow Israel is the villain for defending themselves.

Imagine Mexico was lobbing rockets into Texas. Should we just let the rockets hit the US?

@Lemon, again what part of Israel aren't the aggressors don't you understand? Israel defends themselves from terrorists, and we have always sided with them because they are one of the few nations in the Middle East that don't want to kill us and others. Heck, want to talk violence look at Turkey's shady past and look at Palestine.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The Israeli military goes out of their way to warn civilians ahead of time. That said, the casualty rate is because Hamas uses human shields. They set up in schools, houses, hospitals, and launch rockets from those locations. Hamas has always been popular amongst the Palestinians because they hate Israel. Their very religious books say that the rocks will cry out look here is a Jew. The same ideas that prevailed in Germany of old resides in the hearts of Iran, Palestine, and the like. They want to kill Israel and somehow Israel is the villain for defending themselves.

Imagine Mexico was lobbing rockets into Texas. Should we just let the rockets hit the US?

they should probably find out why first and see if they can come to a solution before firing a bunch of rockets back and causing more death on top of everything.

Swordsman4

they should probably find out why first and see if they can come to a solution before firing a bunch of rockets back and causing more death on top of everything.

What do you think land for peace was for? Israel has gone to the negotiating table multiple times to try to work a "two-state solution" only for Palestine to take the land and set up MORE ROCKETS in the land that Israel gives them.

They have given up on peace because Palestine doesn't want peace and goes back on their word every single stinking time.

Heck, ever stopped and looked at which country sends terrorists to stab people? Or how about which country tunnels underneath the other country so they can pop up and attack?

It isn't Israel...that's for sure...

You also said that a nation needs to find out why there is hatred. Anti-Semitism is the reason. Like the Nazis of old, Hamas believes in exterminating the Jews. I've stated this several times.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Can everyone please report this guy? He's using his posts to say how much he hates Islam, and I'm pretty sure that's violating quite a few forum rules.

Pikachu52

wow thank you for this. I better understand what is happening out there now thanks to you!
Do you have an opinion personally on the matter?

Seems like they should all take equality classes :p

Thanks - that's only a very brief look at the legal issues surrounding the settlement from documents linked on wikipedia. In truth I don't have a great enough understanding of either the history of the conflict or the International Law to form an opinion I can have confidence in.

I'm not saying religion is the sole cause, but religion is definitely included in this situation.

Religion doesn't play that large a role in the conflict at all. The core of the conflict are over control of land and nationhood.

http://www.vox.com/cards/israel-palestine-misconceptions/the-conflict-is-all-about-religion

This video gives a good overview of the conflict: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYZjOuUnlU

As to why America has such a close relationship with Israel I'm not sure. My understanding, and this may be wrong, that Israel was one of it's allies during the cold war ear that it supported as part of the containment policy. The Americans also provide a large amount of financial aid to Israel which the Israeli's use to purchase US military equipment.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
I'm not defending Palestine either, both of these countries are doing horrible things to each other, and treating one as the good guy and one as the bad guy is only making things worse at this point. Remember the IRA did the same thing where they would bomb places while warning civilians, and that doesn't make the civilians they killed any less horrible.

Granted there's a weird whitewashing of the IRA as a terrorist group recently. I do wonder how much of that is a racial thing since that was pre-9/11.

Mordent99

Banned
Okay, I've cooled down a little since yesterday (where I was blinded by rage) and decided to say a few things to Mr. Swordsman4, who makes a dubious claim in his signature that he believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I've got news for you, my friend, you do NOT. If you believe in the Bible and take it as God's word, you need to find a pile of rocks and beat to death any woman you've slept with other than your wife, or anyone you know who has done so. If you don't, you will be considered just as damned as they are.

But then you also support a guy who made promises to you, and the moment he became President laughed and went back on them, and then started doing what Hillary was going to do if she got in.

Even if you take the Bible at face value, Trump does not follow God's word. If you actually believe in God and Jesus, you would have voted for the woman who wanted to take care of the poor, build UP social security so the elderly and disabled didn't have to live out what days they had left in humiliation and poverty, the ONLY candidate who SERIOUSLY wanted to get corporations out of politics and would have done it. But you wouldn't handle a woman as President following the ideas of a black man, and hated paying taxes, selfishly claiming, "It's mine, the poor have no right to it." (While at the same time, saying the government should be allowed to force a woman to carry a child to term.) Hillary's philanthropy was a crime in your mind, even though it was the path Jesus would have taken.

You say you follow the word of God, and yet your actions contradict. The desire to treat people like garbage shows that Trump voters you do not follow the God they pretend you do, but instead worship the Golden Cow, much like Trump does, the only true reward for it being to publically call blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims names for a few years. They have sold their souls for their desire to be a jerk.

As a security guard, I work with a bunch of idiots, many who are late relieving my shift, often because they're too lazy to get up early. My supervisors are no better, and the only competent one is a foul-mouthed guy who talks like he's still in the Marines. BUT, one guy I work with who is always on time, always polite, and who always keeps the station clean is a Muslim. I know because he does the prayer when I show up to take over the shift, and I always step aside and give him room, and stay quiet when he does so. I respect the faith of others, never accuse, and never judge. When you respect the beliefs of others, that respect will be returned.

Read Luke 10:29-37 sometime. It's always been one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Religion doesn't play that large a role in the conflict at all. The core of the conflict are over control of land and nationhood.

http://www.vox.com/cards/israel-palestine-misconceptions/the-conflict-is-all-about-religion

I strongly disagree. Zionism may have started out presenting itself as a secular movement but their entire claim to the land was directly taken from the Torah, specifically God's promise in Genesis.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/20/israel-palestine-conflict-religious-war

Mordent99

Banned
I stay out of religion stuff, because you are bound to piss someone off.

But it is one of the reasons I dislike a majority of Republicans because they bring freaking religion into politics and govt, which is terrible idea.

People have different opinions and religions and the majority of Republicans are Christian and try to enforce Christian policies.

Religion should get out of politics

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
I stay out of religion stuff, because you are bound to piss someone off.

But it is one of the reasons I dislike a majority of Republicans because they bring freaking religion into politics and govt, which is terrible idea.

People have different opinions and religions and the majority of Republicans are Christian and try to enforce Christian policies.

Religion should get out of politics

Well yeah, that's arguably been the biggest block to progress in American politics. That and rich people greed, and there's heavy overlap there.