• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
This is where a lot of GOP House seats worry, because this looks bad nationally. Alabama might want to elect a pedophile who's pro-slavery, but most places that's just a bad image.

bobjr

Staff member
Weird how several Senators said that but Trump only focused on the woman.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Someone send that ****ing carpetbagger Bannon back to the anime convention security keeps throwing him out of.

I'm happy Doug Jones won for sure, but Roy Moore is refusing to concede, because he's "waiting on God."

Hey, Roy?

GOD HATES YOU.

GOD HATES YOU SO MUCH THAT HE CANNOT STAND TO TELL YOU THAT HIMSELF.

ALSO, YOU'RE A ****ING CHILD MOLESTER WHO SHOULD BE IN ****ING PRISON, ROY MOORE.

bobjr

Staff member
Roy Moore didn't write a concession speech.

The Black community really came out for this one, despite Alabama being among the worst for voter suppression. I hope this continues to next year.

EnglishALT

I have to say I believe both parties won out tonight in the long run. Democrats got a much needed win in a state that Trump won, and while they do not have enough to recapture the Senate, they did give the moderates in the Republican party much more power to press for more progressive legislation.

Republicans dodged a massive bullet that was threatening to split the party apart less than a year before the midterms, which probably cements their hold on both the House and the Senate in next year's election.

However the biggest winner was America because Roy Moore was just freaking nuts.

That all being said outside of Roy Moore I would say the biggest loser of the night would be Hillary Clinton. Peter Strzok who played a big part in investigating Hillary and Huma and who was part of the investigation into Trump had his text messages released. Some of them are pretty damming,
one of them is enough I would say to reopen the investigation into Hillary

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Doug Jones has a good track record apparently, which I was not expecting because he is thoroughly uncharismatic.

Either way, this victory shows shift continues. Which is a good thing, but this means Trump's second term will in a shaky ground.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Doug Jones has a good track record apparently, which I was not expecting because he is thoroughly uncharismatic.

Either way, this victory shows shift continues. Which is a good thing, but this means Trump's second term will in a shaky ground.

There is something seriously wrong with the U.S. if Trump gets a second term, let alone finishing his first.

The man does not look out for the best interests of our people, just the billionaires (who don't need help). Many psychological professionals think he has some severe issues (narcissism, compulsive lying, attention-dependencies, and he's a control freak) and fear he will actually start war with North Korea because of them. How often does he provoke Korea just by using the term "Rocket Man"? He's admitted to sexually assaulting women; he's made so many racist, homophobic, and anti-transsexual comments and actions; he constantly lies; he constantly insults anyone that makes a move against his agenda; he's pushed us backward in protecting the environment, both by removing protections on specific lands and by attempting to remove laws that prevent pollution; and he's keeping us behind in clean energy. I'm not even going to get started on his international businesses, ties to Russia, or his family.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
There is something seriously wrong with the U.S. if Trump gets a second term, let alone finishing his first.

Not necessarily, political change often takes decades, which is a longer term than a full presidential term.

Trump still has a long time before American society grows past him.

In more than one way, Trump has chosen the perfect time to become the president.

The bigger question is whether former Dixiecratic states will continue to this return to actual Democratic party.

bobjr

Staff member
So Chuck Johnson and Mike Cernovich faked a court document saying Chuck Shumer sexually harassed someone, and that could put them in a lot of legal trouble. Turns out you can't just fake that stuff, and maybe the real claims go through several layers of validation.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Unless the faked documents cause legal action, they are fine until Chuck sues them(or the said court, either can work).

Because false claims do not necessarily constitute lying to officials.

Edit: https://twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/status/941025240129441792

"My office has now identified 2 million fake comments on #netneutrality that were submitted to the @FCC using the stolen identities of Americans across the country. "

Jesus, Russia, calm down.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
^Unless the faked documents cause legal action, they are fine until Chuck sues them(or the said court, either can work).

Because false claims do not necessarily constitute lying to officials.

False claims are one thing, but they forged legal documents pretending to be someone else. From what I understand this is a step above just making a regular false claim.

This is of course if it was actually them, but they were dumb enough to post about this on social media beforehand.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I wondered when a fake #MeToo would happen.

#1 rule of crime:Don't post about it to social media.

Proof that the Republicans in power are just as dumb as they are corrupt and greedy.

Is this a "sacrifice" by Chuck Johnson and Cernovich meant to discredit #MeToo by "revealing how easy it is to fake a claim"? Or were they paid by Weinstein, Trump or another to do it?

Only the courts will tell...

In other words, Roy Moore lost. W00T W00T!

bobjr

Staff member
I just legit think they thought "Oh you can just accuse anyone of anything, that's how it works", only to have it backfire because that's not the case at all.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The FCC voted to repeal net neutrality with 3-2 votes.

However, despite this, now comes the real battle at the court to see if it can actually pass.

can honestly say I'm not surprised. Ajit Pai had too much to gain from this. I'm hoping Congress is a lot smarter when they decide. other than this stupid tax plan, the majority of the Senate doesn't seem to have their heads up their butts most of the time.